Share the leaked Froyo goodness HERE

AntsInMyPants

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The most annoying thing about the Froyo Leak it the stupid "Droid" sound it makes when you boot up the phone. There has to be a way to turn off the sound.

Notes:

Support for 4 way reorientation.

Some new HTC Sense Widgets.

Video LED light control

News and Weather App

App Sharing App (sends Market link via email/sms)

VZ Navigator pre-installed, why?

They included a stupid HTC photo viewer rather than the cool Gallery App with cool 3D effects.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Can't turn off the alarm clock or make it snooze. Requires a complete shutdown of the phone to get the f***n alarm clock to shut up. Deal breaker!!!! ..... Not!!!!!

If your having problems with the stock alarm clock program, just download some thing else from the market.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
They've seperated the sound/display in the options

There's a colored bar now in running services

There are now catagories in manage applications

Verizon can now request gps location for some of their services/programs

metal1

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It is super great (Incredible) LOL
Seriously, works great, uninstalled the bloat software (amazon,skype,cityid,stocks,vz navigator)
Very fast n smooth even with animations all on!!!
Feels like a new phone all over again (yes even with tons of apps back on already)
flashlight app is cool and even has button to turn it on in camcorder
720p works great
face detection in camera
4 way reorientation!!!
lots of new widgets calendar,news,market,sync all, n more
sms and gmail apps are new and very cool to use now great new widgets too
appsharing app
system settings are improved with lots new features
manage apps looks more like real explorer now and easy to use
battery life is lots better
new market look n autoupdate
still playin with it and sure I will find more little details
Overall I like very much and still have Root! All good here.......

Last edited:

Josh467

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
The alarm clock won't shut off, only if you set the alarm. I didn't mean its always running. you set the alarm and it wakes and alerts you fine. But while its alerting you there's no way to stop it. No snooze or dismiss option. Only way to stop the alarm is to shut the phone down. Hope that was a little more clear for everyone.

Also noticed the browser is less responsive to scrolling now. This is prolly due to the flash running on some pages. Once the page is fully loaded, smooth scrolling is back.

Other than that, I love all the other enhancements.

Oh and if you want the gallery app to view photos instead of the crappy HTC video/photo gallery, do a Google search for gallery3DMT.apk. works beautifully on the incredible now. But the camera button still doesn't work from within the gallery.

**edit** alarm clock works fine. It was widget locker.

Last edited:

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
The alarm clock won't shut off, only if you set the alarm. I didn't mean its always running. you set the alarm and it wakes and alerts you fine. But while its alerting you there's no way to stop it. No snooze or dismiss option. Only way to stop the alarm is to shut the phone down. Hope that was a little more clear for everyone.

I set my alarm....it went off....I was able to swipe my lockscreen down to snooze it without a problem.....so I'm not sure why you're having one

I however have noticed that my market app gives me an network error when I try to get in to it though

EDIT: Hrm a reboot fixed my market

Last edited:

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
GPS works if you go in to Location and turn on Google Location Services

or at least mine started working after I enabled that....

BigRed905

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It appears to be working for me in everything except Google Maps....

EDIT: nevermind, once I got it to work in a different app it works in Maps now. Weird.

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's mega fast, and I'm discovering cool little tweaks all the time. One thing I haven't noticed though is an appreciable difference in battery life. I usually hit the 15% mark at around 4:00. With similar use, I hit the 15% mark at about 4:15 today. Slightly better I guess, but (admittedly after only one day) nothing major.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Under settings>location it now has VZW Location Services. Any advantage to turning this on? What exactly is it for?