Storm2->TBolt - No Vibrate THEN Ring & Poor LED/Vibrate Notifiy miss BerryBuz. Swype?

pingb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So I am coming from my Storm2. A phone I loathe except for the amazing notification system via BerryBuzz. I find it impossible to believe that this new Tbolt super high lets you customize everything but the most important things from a notification perspective.

Here is what I had on the Storm2...
1. Phone Vibrates then Rings - so I could quickly know if I got a call in a meeting and silence it before it rang.

2. A bright LED indicator light & Berry Buzz - whose color I changed for SMS, FB, EMails, and Twitter - Blue light = Facebook notification, Green=Email, Purple=SMS etc. I could look at the phone from across the room and see not only that I had a message, but what type it was. Moreover, it had two colors so I could further customize the phone so if it was Purple followed by Orange light that meant SMS from Jane Doe.

3. Custom vibrations - Long 5 sec, or short bursts. No vibration, just LED etc. Ability to have SMS vibrate with a repeat alert every 2 minutes. Ability to just have emails blink and not vibrate.

----------------------------------------
None of this seems possible with the Tbolt or even close. I've looked at Blink and will look at Handcent.

A. How can there not be Vibrate THEN Ring for calls, SMS?

B. How can you not customize the vibration lengths?

C. How can there be only two colors of the light?

D. How can they bury the light behind the mesh part? It's impossible to see in
the daylight and at various angles other than straight on.

E. How does Swype not come pre-installed? The beta doesn't seem to leave spaces between the words.

Any reco's on any of these will help.

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I've seen posts suggest "Easy Reminders" for repeat notifications with some customization. "Handcent" offers LED and vibrate customization for texts also. I was also surprised when I switched from BB to Droid that Notifications were so general.

I don't know anything that will allow vibrate then ring. I hope you enjoy your new Bolt, I have to agree with akira751 that there are a lot of android features compared to BB. Of course, everyone has different priorities and needs.

magikspl

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
FYI Handcent let's you create your own custom vibrate pattern so that'll be one think you are looking for. Also, you can have it turn on the screen for text messages and text reminders. Something the BB can't do

Reactions: anon(228086)

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Those of you coming from a bb that miss berry buzz, get NoLed instead

It puts a color coded icon on your screen when in sleep mode (and can play an optional notification sound) when you get an email, text, google talk message, etc. And you can customize for other apps too.

Best of all its free!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I was also a BerryBuzz addict with my BB... but I got over it. The LED is the one really nice thing that the BB had and BerryBuzz utilized it well.

As far as the vibrate and ring... put your device in Normal volume, then open your Email icon (I use Gmail exclusively, so I open that), go into Settings and find Vibrate and select "For all Gmail Notification" or whatever option you wish. It will vibrate and ring now!!!

pingb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the replies. especially, to @azdmelani. I've just downloaded the NoLED app. This seems really promising. let me test out.

I was ready to return this thing after one day, but i might try and hold out a little longer to give it a fair chance...

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the replies. especially, to @azdmelani. I've just downloaded the NoLED app. This seems really promising. let me test out.

I was ready to return this thing after one day, but i might try and hold out a little longer to give it a fair chance...

Youre welcome!! I actually prefer it to the crackberry light. Made me anxious LOL

pingb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks to all of you for the comments. with a heavy heart, i just cancelled my Tbolt service and reactivated my S2.

The internet was amazingly fast, but the lack of Ring Then Vibrate, notifications, and the lack of unified email, and I do not like the HTC interface... was enough of a deal breaker for me. I agree though, NOLED is prob the next best thing to BerryBuzz. I was frustrated with Swype not working and doign all the 3rd party work-arounds.

I think the Tbolt is a great phone, but not the one for MY specific needs. I'm still fascinated by the droid OS and may look at the Bionic in the future. thanks everyone.