[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 5/6 ZVD basesband Alph

I swear the remedy for this was posted quite a few times already, I know I posted it only a few pages back. There is an ADB free version, Download Rom Toolbox Lite and use the Adblock function to update the hosts file.

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. I've been searching for weeks and reading this thread as well as the CM9 thread over in the OV section and didn't see it. The problem is the way the hosts file is formatted in these ROMs though, I sent thekraven and TDM the details so it shouldn't be necessary after the next update, I'd imagine.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

No, just speakerphone switching.. before it was routing thru the handset speaker and the speakerphone at the same time. i really haven't got much feedback on the test1 audio though.

res6jya6

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Speaker phone is working okay for me on 10f... however I am using GrooveIP so...

tried downloading G but alas, something won't load... darn media fire!

Also... 10f with kernel 10 hasn't done a single random reboot... very nice! Doesn't get as hot, either. Still overclocked.
Who will guard the guards?

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Haven't had any problems with 10f yet. Wifi works and my clock isn't drifting (that I've noticed). My battery is charging. I still had to do the airplane mode dance for the battery, which is fine.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering what mdpi there's you have all found to work with theme chooser. So far I have used Galaxy Cream and Mixer.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

More mods:

5/16 Recent apps moved to voice key. No long press of home key needed. http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25601&stc=1&d=1337160872

5/16 Recent apps moved to search key. No long press of home key needed. Replaces search key function. http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25602&stc=1&d=1337161011

If you are on an OV (optimus v - virgin mobile) then these will switch your home/menu buttons.
Reflash the VM.fix and you loose the recent apps on voice command/search buttons.

I am currently moving across state and don't have PC handy to make proper zips. But I'll attach my modified thunderc_keypad.kl file. Simply extract it then eplace the one located at /system/usr/keylayout/ with this one and you should be all set with recent apps on voice command key. MayMay eed to flash the mod first. I'm not sure what other files are modified.

When I get the PC going I'll make a proper zip for each. (Unless soneone beats me to it)For now just use root browser or another root capable file manager

VIRGIN MOBILE OV USERS ONLY

Last edited:
Reactions: Mack07018

Fr33dan

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I just flashed 10g and now my home button doesn't work at all (or the voice for recent apps). I flashed, booted. Rebooted to recovery and installed A2SD before I noticed the problem.

Edit: Seems I did something wrong cause I wasn't receiving calls either. Did a full wipe and it seem to be working again.

Last edited:

Conker1r

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I've been testing the Alpha10F and I find that the built in Phone Encryption does not work for me. It will only show the android and it stops there. I left it running for about two hours just to make sure, but alas it still did not work.

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Speaker phone is working okay for me on 10f... however I am using GrooveIP so...

tried downloading G but alas, something won't load... darn media fire!

Also... 10f with kernel 10 hasn't done a single random reboot... very nice! Doesn't get as hot, either. Still overclocked.

Not too insult your intelligence with a silly question, but do you have your user agent set to desktop in your browser? I noticed that even with dolphin if its set to android media fire never loads right.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: res6jya6

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Speaker phone works but its volume is low. Its almost like the volume slider is at the bottom even tho its all the way up.

Conker1r

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I also can confirm that Encryption does not work with Alpha10G
It stays stuck for ever.(see screenshot)
Luckily, If I push the back button it goes back to normal with no ill side effects. So at least since it doesn't work my data does not get ruined.

EDIT: The notification bar stopped working after going back. Had to restart the phone to get it working again.
Maybe the encryption is doing something.

Last edited:

res6jya6

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Not too insult your intelligence with a silly question, but do you have your user agent set to desktop in your browser? I noticed that even with dolphin if its set to android media fire never loads right.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

No insult taken lmao

Works after ur suggestion
Never had to do that before... usually media fire loads w/o selecting request desktop site

Reactions: Ksjuggalo

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm behind due to meatspace stress. Flashed 10G + audio fix today. Seems to be running smoothly. I experienced a bit of lag (especially when starting/ending calls) on 10F, will report on that once I have some data. Video camera force closed the first time I tried to run it; seemed to offer up preview the second time. Didn't attempt to record. "Recent Apps" moved to voice button is a nice switch, even if I keep getting the voice & camera buttons confused. ;)

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm behind due to meatspace stress. Flashed 10G + audio fix today. Seems to be running smoothly. I experienced a bit of lag (especially when starting/ending calls) on 10F, will report on that once I have some data. Video camera force closed the first time I tried to run it; seemed to offer up preview the second time. Didn't attempt to record. "Recent Apps" moved to voice button is a nice switch, even if I keep getting the voice & camera buttons confused. ;)

I've had quite a bit of lag for ending calls as well.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Try turning off any haptic feedback in the UI or program. I know it causes lag on the keyboard.

Overclocking does cause problems with cam. Only one i noticed is flickering in the preview. No fc's yet, but I'd expect them with overclocking. Same results as the p500 users. They suggest to use a tasker event to reset to stock values when using the cam.

Turn on ksm and zram~10% in performance settings.

Last edited:

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

just flashed 10G. Everything works well cept now my wifi isnt connecting though it did in 10F

EDIT:nvm i found what i did wrong

Last edited:

mkfryan

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

anyone else experience massive battery heat on all a10 builds? I'm not overclocked at all. I notice when on the web on 3g. it gets so hit I can't use touch screen have to let it sit seems to happen after about 30 minutes or more of constant 3g use.

I haven't gone to A10G yet will switch tonight and see what happens tomorrow.