It's Here! It's Here! EVO ROM Myn Warm 2.2 RLS 5

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
This Rom is very fast and battery life seems to be decent...I can only use for a day or two because after the second day my phone gets stuck in a constant reboot.. so i always switch back to cyanogen...any idea of why this would happen?

Life is about EVOlution

ProCision

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have this ROM, and I like it very much. The internet browsing is on the slow side. I seen that they have a .zip of the host file from rls4. I put that on my sd card and booted into recovery and installed it. It failed to install. Anybody else have that issue?

**EDIT**
Downloaded AdFree and reverted, used the browser and its working great. I then updated with AdFree and browsing still going great.

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i personally use netarchys 4.3 cfs more havs sbc kernel....and i can go all day on no matter what i do. alot of texting and surfing and sprint nav.

I dunno if youve read around, but be weary of the SBC. Horror stories abound, but if it works it works i suppose. :p

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I dunno if youve read around, but be weary of the SBC. Horror stories abound, but if it works it works i suppose. :p

oh ive read...i always check the temp of my phone with battery monitor...it never gets hot nor hot to the touch..it always stays between 80-90*F....when i play angry birds it gets up to like 102*F...and the mA's when charging when it gets to full always hover at 0-2mAs. after i first read about the sbc issues....i stopped using it...but i recently went back to it...whats the worst that can happen...it explode on me? lmfao. :p

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have this ROM, and I like it very much. The internet browsing is on the slow side. I seen that they have a .zip of the host file from rls4. I put that on my sd card and booted into recovery and installed it. It failed to install. Anybody else have that issue?

**EDIT**
Downloaded AdFree and reverted, used the browser and its working great. I then updated with AdFree and browsing still going great.

I had the same issue but didn't know about the host file zip. I actually moved over to Fresh's rom until the next release. The problem I had even effected my tethering ability to go to certain websites. It was frustrating but now that I'm on Fresh it's much better. Hopefully the next release doesn't have this issue.

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
stay away from SBC kerenls its a crap shoot if it will be good or bad. i would search the forums around here on kernel info brcause every phone is gonna be different... me personally i have the Calkuins kernel that has the sms fix built in and i get great life and im a heavy user with a stock battery.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
stay away from SBC kerenls its a crap shoot if it will be good or bad. i would search the forums around here on kernel info brcause every phone is gonna be different... me personally i have the Calkuins kernel that has the sms fix built in and i get great life and im a heavy user with a stock battery.

At work. I'll check it out.

BigDroid

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I put the MYN rs5 on my phone with all the add ons.I like the warm black themed market and black themed messaging.it only weighs the first time I press on the app.Then after that its back to the regular color of the market and messaging app.And thats only after restoring the rom coming from a different one.And yes I did wipe.

Carpus

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You need freeze market update with titanium backup. The problem is now that it updated you need to either reflash myn or look over on xda forums for the thread on flashing a themed market.
It worked for me as I had the same issue as you. If I find the link I'll post it.

I put the MYN rs5 on my phone with all the add ons.I like the warm black themed market and black themed messaging.it only weighs the first time I press on the app.Then after that its back to the regular color of the market and messaging app.And thats only after restoring the rom coming from a different one.And yes I did wipe.