[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 3/20 ZVD basesband Alp

I tried booting into recovery and wiping cache and than rebooted and that solved nothing. Lemme try dalvik

I'm back in the CM7 due to battery life in CM9.

So here is what Settings - Storage shows:

Total Space 165MB Available Space 24.72MB
SD Card Total 29.71GB Available Space 2.27GB

In Titanium Backup:

System ROM 166MB (40.5MB free)
Internal 172MB (25.9MB free)
SD Card 31.9GB (2.43GB free)

Obviously, this does not make sense comparing the two. There is a missing factor somewhere.

It seems that the Settings reads ROM Total and Internal Free space (?).

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

whats wrong with battery life. I been on my battery for 26 hours

I tdrops to 40% in ~four hours with very minimal use, and 5.5 hours it turns off. I charged fully, unplugged at bedtime, 7 hours later it dropped to 65%, no use. :confused:

Messing with a ton of battery/data control apps, Juice Defender, Wireless Data Chief, SetCPU, NoFrills CPU control, AutomateIT, ad nauseum..... ;) I own them all, but one thing or the other does not work / annoys me, so I try another. I'm probably making it worse by tinkering. :D

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

I noticed not overclocking helps a LOT for battery life. Even up to just 729mhz will make it pretty bad. Stock speed isn't terrible after all.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

When I was testing out Alpha 5, the battery life was terrible. I think it was due to the app multi-tasking, since I'd find my data intensive apps still open in the background or something. Just my 2 cents here. I probably won't go back to CM9 until it hits beta because even with an extended battery, my phone wouldn't last too long on CM9.

javascriptvoid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

I tdrops to 40% in ~four hours with very minimal use, and 5.5 hours it turns off. I charged fully, unplugged at bedtime, 7 hours later it dropped to 65%, no use. :confused:

Messing with a ton of battery/data control apps, Juice Defender, Wireless Data Chief, SetCPU, NoFrills CPU control, AutomateIT, ad nauseum..... ;) I own them all, but one thing or the other does not work / annoys me, so I try another. I'm probably making it worse by tinkering. :D

this is what i do. recharge the battery fully the reboot the phone and pull out the power cord

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 3/25 ZVD basesband Alp

I noticed not overclocking helps a LOT for battery life. Even up to just 729mhz will make it pretty bad. Stock speed isn't terrible after all.
I have it at 600/245 with ondemand.
When I was testing out Alpha 5, the battery life was terrible. I think it was due to the app multi-tasking, since I'd find my data intensive apps still open in the background or something. Just my 2 cents here. I probably won't go back to CM9 until it hits beta because even with an extended battery, my phone wouldn't last too long on CM9.
Alpha 5 v 12 was great for me, alpha 6 not so much in battery, awesome in everything else.
this is what i do. recharge the battery fully the reboot the phone and pull out the power cord
I'll try that, interesting idea.
Downloading a7 now

Oh crap, square one here I come. :D

Be nice to have notifications in Goo Inside.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

So Kraven, any thoughts on adding updating through Goo.im? Could be rather awesome to be able to update the ROM through an app on the device instead of downloading the new ROM and then putting it on the SD Card :)

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Early results, loves, loves, loves my wifi router, even when I tell it not to - turn wifi off, bing, back on and connected before I can reboot.

Does NOT want to connect data. Data toggles and airplane mode toggles w-i-l-l n-o-t s-t-i-c-k, even with immediate boot. Treating me like A1-A5 before V12.

Reset / wipe / format / systemFormatALL.zip. Just A7 and Gapps. @#$%&!*......

Ok, after toggling airplane, fast reboot, untoggle airplane, fast reboot, toggle data, fast reboot, untoggle data, fast reboot, toggle airplane on (symbol shows in status bar -FIRST TIME!) and off, toggle data on and off. At last! 3G in happy Cyan. ;)

droidmike_k

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Do a6 and/or a7 require/work better after flashing a boot.img? If so, which one?

Thanks!

pimpjuice1992

Banned
Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

It gets stuck on lg splash sometimes. It randomly freezes sometimes and won't unfreeze and I have to pull the battery then it gets stuck again and few battery pulls will fix it

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

It gets stuck on lg splash sometimes. It randomly freezes sometimes and won't unfreeze and I have to pull the battery then it gets stuck again and few battery pulls will fix it

Sounds like you did not wipe / factory reset / format everything. Maybe try again?

First boot is long, but the rest are fast, and no freezes so far. I have not installed any user apps at all yet.

pimpjuice1992

Banned
Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like you did not wipe / factory reset / format everything. Maybe try again?

First boot is long, but the rest are fast, and no freezes so far. I have not installed any user apps at all yet.

I do everything twice.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
My phone froze on me as well. I wiped everything and flashed debugzip. But overall this rom is kicking butt and taking names.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
OMG I have not been checking AC for cm9 updates and I'm on alpha 4 while everyone's on alpha 7 I missed out on 3 alphas lol

Sent from futuristic optimus s

RED MAN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I have been busy with school but I am downloading A7 and the latest Gapps now. Will test and report back. Thekraven, thanks for turning on the tethering app. Your the man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsenpower