[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 6/26 ZVD basesband Alpha16

Ok cool, that should save a significant amount of space. Does this mean that I need to create an SD-EXT before flashing this rom in order for it to work? If so, maybe that should be added to the OP or people might flash it without having one and then not boot or something...

c1phr

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

After having to send back my old device (running HydroRom) for a broken power button, the device they sent back was loaded up with ZVD and I decided it was time to give this ROM a shot. I just wanted to post my findings/successes.

ICS actually runs extremely well for being a much newer OS that the Optimus was never designed to run. I'm very pleased with it, and I've been using it as my daily driver for a few days now.

Issues I've run into (with solutions):

1. Clock Lag - I know that clock lag is a known issue and many people here have posted their own methods as to how they keep that in check. I'm running ClockSync (as recommended here) set to update the clock every 30 min (this keeps me never more than a minute off or so). I'm also running a clock widget from the market which displays the correct time even when the status bar clock does not. As for my lock screen clock, I have a pattern lock set to display widgets, so that I have the standard swipe lock which sends me to my pattern entry screen. The clock on the first swipe unlock is incorrect, but as soon as I swipe to the pattern screen, the clock is correct. I find this to be acceptable for keeping time, however I have not yet tested the alarm functions.

2. Wi-fi bugs - There is a good possibility that this is not a ROM bug as I've read others online having the same issue. Essentially, my wifi would turn on, but would stick on "Obtaining IP Adress" when trying to connect to my home router. The fix was to use static IP settings and set everything by hand, and I haven't had an issue here yet.

3. Performance - Obviously, since the Optimus was never intended to run ICS, it isn't going to be the snappiest feeling ROM on the block, especially with how many crazy animations ICS uses. This was something I'm able to deal with for the most part, but I was able to successfully stay stable at a OC of 245/806mhz using InteractiveX (and still get pretty good battery life). The system feels about as quick as stock Gingerbread now.

Menthu

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if anyone else has had trouble with this rom and netflix (and maybe im posting in the wrong thread? if so please excuse me and forward me to the right thread) but it seems like i get audio only and no visuals from netflix when running this...Maybe its flash I know it doesnt say its supported or not but ive put flash on unsupported roms before with no problem is there a difference now with ICS? Please help its my only form of sanity at work. (That and angry birds...And we are all out of birds....)

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has had trouble with this rom and netflix (and maybe im posting in the wrong thread? if so please excuse me and forward me to the right thread) but it seems like i get audio only and no visuals from netflix when running this...Maybe its flash I know it doesnt say its supported or not but ive put flash on unsupported roms before with no problem is there a difference now with ICS? Please help its my only form of sanity at work. (That and angry birds...And we are all out of birds....)

It's not a flash issue, Netflix doesn't use flash. It's the same issue why YouTube HQ doesn't work, no hardware video rendering. It can't be fixed on this device.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Menthu

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

It's not a flash issue, Netflix doesn't use flash. It's the same issue why YouTube HQ doesn't work, no hardware video rendering. It can't be fixed on this device.

It was working well on Hydro rom so its not the hardware...However he did say the HQ setting didnt work on this rom and now that i know that (and knowing is half the battle) ill find some other form of sanity or go slowly...insane...:eek:...or emulate SNES on this thing and be sane again.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It was working well on Hydro rom so its not the hardware...However he did say the HQ setting didnt work on this rom and now that i know that (and knowing is half the battle) ill find some other form of sanity or go slowly...insane...:eek:...or emulate SNES on this thing and be sane again.

You're right not hardware but the Qcom drivers to work with ICS. I think hydrorom is GB based so native drivers exist for that software.

Sent from my SGH-T679

Brain1993

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I had to restore an older rom this ICS kept unmounting my SD card and it would even make it unmount from my recovery. Is there a working update?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Where do i put the mp3 files so they show up in tge music player? email me at (Mod edit: Please do not post e-mail addresses or other personal information per forum rules.)

Last edited by a moderator:

twigge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I had to restore an older rom this ICS kept unmounting my SD card and it would even make it unmount from my recovery. Is there a working update?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

The ROM cannot force your phone to unmount your sdcard from recovery as recovery loads completely independent from the ROM. You have another problem on your hands....

Alnn

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Maybe wear and tear on your hardware.... I thought I ah problems with my usb and when I took the serial port off and replaced it with one from another phone it worked fine

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

city_wok

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Dropped down from CM10 to this because I wanted my camera back.
Patched with http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/195081-patchs-zvj-zvd-zvd-zvj-flashable-zips-optimus-s.html using ZVD to ZVJ.
Works nicely!

Edit:
Pandora was not working on 3GS at first. Starts buffering 1%, skips to loading next song, Buffering that song1%, skips to loading next song, buffering it, etc... LOOP. I appears it was getting starved for a network stream.
Resolved by:
First, do a 3GS data reset in System Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Data Enabled OFF, then back ON
Also install "AdFree" app, now there should be less strain on the 3GS without the ads starving the music stream.
Force stop Pandora, and relaunch over 3gs... success!

Last edited:
Reactions: garbb

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Dropped down from CM10 to this because I wanted my camera back.
Patched with http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/195081-patchs-zvj-zvd-zvd-zvj-flashable-zips-optimus-s.html using ZVD to ZVJ.
Works nicely!

Thank you for this! I had no idea such a patch even existed. This makes it a million times easier to switch between roms that I want to try out without having to change the baseband which is a pain in the ass!

Reactions: city_wok

city_wok

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this! I had no idea such a patch even existed. This makes it a million times easier to switch between roms that I want to try out without having to change the baseband which is a pain in the ass!
Wasn't sure it would work, but tried it on a whim.

eddie098

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

im haveing trouble with it booting up with a 16 gig card in :/ i take it out boots perfect is there a cm9 rom that suports my card ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc