Who will never pre order again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Pre-Ordering didn't make my phone at risk of catching fire. That would be Samsung's fault. Hundreds of devices have gone through pre-orders with no issues. I don't see the correlation. Unless you're just saying if we hadn't pre-ordered, we would have been bystanders observing this whole deal, but even if I didn't pre-order I would have been in the store on 8/19 to pick it up.

Jenn40811

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
The note 7 was the first preorder I've done. I usually wait a couple months before getting new phones. After this experience, I don't think I will.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Pre-ordered the Note 7 the moment it was up for pre-order.

I'll continue to do the same for the promotional offers. Hope this debacle also shines some light on the importance of good QC.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I doubt I will, but if I do I'm staying away from the forums! This whole experience was a drama filled hassle here lol. I'm sure it happens every major release, but I've never seen so much bad behavior on any of the Mobile Nations sites as I have in the Note 7 forums. Starting from the pre-order phase all the way up to the untimely cancellation, the Mods had their hands full.

Forum rant aside, I just don't see the advantage of doing it.

1. Most Android phones don't have Apple's self imposed over-hyped demand increasing shady launch day supply shortages, and are available on launch day at any of the gabillion T-Mobile stores around my town.

2. Manufacturer spifs and incentives are available for at least a couple weeks after launch so there's no advantage there

3. The stress and anxiety of 'will I get mine early? Hey, how come yours came and mine didn't and I ordered 34 seconds before you???' is ridiculous

4. I'm too old for this [removed] lol

Last edited by a moderator:

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I doubt I will, but if I do I'm staying away from the forums! This whole experience was a drama filled hassle here lol. I'm sure it happens every major release, but I've never seen so much bad behavior on any of the Mobile Nations sites as I have in the Note 7 forums. Starting from the pre-order phase all the way up to the untimely cancellation, the Mods had their hands full.

Forum rant aside, I just don't see the advantage of doing it.

1. Most Android phones don't have Apple's self imposed over-hyped demand increasing shady launch day supply shortages, and are available on launch day at any of the gabillion T-Mobile stores around my town.

2. Manufacturer spifs and incentives are available for at least a couple weeks after launch so there's no advantage there

3. The stress and anxiety of 'will I get mine early? Hey, how come yours came and mine didn't and I ordered 34 seconds before you???' is ridiculous

4. I'm too old for this $#it lol

I have seen worse behavior in the past here on the forums, dating back several years.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure. This is the first time I've ever preordered a phone or even gotten a phone the same year it was released. It was nice to get it shipped to me and not have to deal with the in store processes, but the replacement process and fact that I now need to return it again, kind of renders that moot.

I'm undecided whether I'll preorder again.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have never pre-ordered a phone - I just walk into the store on release day and buy one.

Too many horror stories from people who pre-ordered and end up getting their phones after everyone else. What's the point of that? :confused:

To ensure you get one and in the color you want. Not sure about the stores around you but I'm in the eastside area of Seattle and the stores around here only got 5-9 on launch day because the pre-order demand was so high. It took two of my co-workers almost 2 weeks to get theirs, they finally gave up with trying to walk into a store and ordered one over the phone.

devauls

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The note 7 was the first preorder I've done. I usually wait a couple months before getting new phones. After this experience, I don't think I will.

Same here....I always wait for a couple of months before ordering and am not normally one to be an early adopter of the latest new tech. This is the first phone I've ever pre-ordered. The Note 7 was replacing my old Note 3 so I was long overdue for an upgrade. I did get the Gear Fit 2 with it so that was nice. Looks like I will be getting a Silver Note 5 with 64GB and wait till the next new flagship phone from Samsung has been out for a few months and see how it goes. I wont pre-order unless Samsung decides to really sweeten the deal for us.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've already preordered for the Note 8 and beyond.
fec990cb9956fc5cfb88dc59f76438ec.gif

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Never have pre-ordered, probably never will. I have no loyalty to any certain oem. I Waite on the reviews and choose whichever phone best fills my wants and needs .

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have never pre-ordered a phone - I just walk into the store on release day and buy one.

Too many horror stories from people who pre-ordered and end up getting their phones after everyone else. What's the point of that? :confused:
This is the main reason I pre-order...to stay out of the stores. What a huge waste of time. Standing in line behind people just paying their bills and asking dumb questions like how to turn the ringer volume louder. Not to mention, some of the clueless people there that need to call a manager about everything. No thanks!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to pre-order again. I always have, and I always will. I honestly haven't spent much extra time on the phone or in stores because of this. While everybody else was freaking out trying to get "the danger" out of their house immediately. I just waited and happily continued to use my phone. Then once the information had disseminated to the reps, I walked in and was out in less than 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.