Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstunner56

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how the $50 mail in rebate from Sprint would work with this recall? Would the new phone affect our original Note 7 submission for this rebate?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The Best Buy $20 per month credit / subsidy for legacy plan customers was available the day I picked up my Note 7 on 8/19 and when we got my wife's on 8/20...so it's nothing new. Dropped our cost on contract to $15 per month.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
All 4 of our lines that have Note 7's on them now show blanked out phones on the account pages with upgrade's available on all 4 lines...I suppose that's so there is no issue when you do the exchange?

Mrs46

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I will go into the store saturday and talk to someone. I might keep mine as well until replacement comes in. I have been playing videos and talking while the battery is charging and no issues yet. I also checked on the website with my IMEI number. Hopefull it will be ok for another week.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My corporate store said yes, you can get a loaner and then switch back when the replacements arrive. Bunch of hoops - understandable - because it's another new phone, but normal, straightforward swapping stuff. And I got a great discount, and have a legacy plan. I was told all would be carried to the new N7.

dec3ption

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
My corporate store said yes, you can get a loaner and then switch back when the replacements arrive. Bunch of hoops - understandable - because it's another new phone, but normal, straightforward swapping stuff. And I got a great discount, and have a legacy plan. I was told all would be carried to the new N7.

This is why I wish I had purchased through Sprint instead of Best Buy. I'd much rather have a loaner to use the next 2 weeks than this old Note 3 with awful battery life haha.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I courious too if we can keep the accessories charger s pen ?? do you need the box ?

Good question. I too would like to know if we get to hold onto the accessories. I didn't even think about the pen but having a spare would be great. I'm assuming they'll want everything back with the phone, but considering the hassle that has been created with this whole situation maybe they'll be generous in regards to these "extras".

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I called the corporate store near me and the rep said I can come in Friday to exchange for a new note. I asked if I could make an appointment or something she said no its just 1st come 1st served. I then asked if they would have my color (blue coral) she said she doesn't know they don't know what colors are being shipped.

I want the same color! I hope they have blue coral, and I'm gonna try to keep the extra s-pen! We already get to keep the chargers, extra tips and box etc.. So why not try to keep the extra s-pen lol. Last yr I broke my s-pen on my note 5 after only 2 weeks! So it's definitely handy to have an extra one on reserve.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone heard if retail stores are going to have any issues making swaps for those of us with cracked screens or any other damage? Over in the Verizon thread it sounds they're talking about the stores not accepting damaged phones and telling people to deal with Samsung. My damage is pretty minimal, but it's there. I'm hoping to not have any issues when I go in for the swap

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
A few post here about it and if you are with Sprint they are not concerned with the condition of the phone. Samsung want the phone out of peoples hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez