Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess214

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yup same here just got the text message. WTF is up with them i am going to call as my stores both have none and i am not calling them each day to see when they get 1. This is really annoying
Exactly. I don't have the time or patience to chase after a replacement.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well it also said to call 888 211 4727 if you ordered via the web or telesales which i did and i called and the AET said my order was already in. This is mostly for people who have not done anything so far so they're telling you if you bought it in the store take it there and if you have not call 888 211 4727 yet about this issue if you ordered online then call. So again if you already have a AET order going this is a non event

Tess214

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Well it also said to call 888 211 4727 if you ordered via the web or telesales which i did and i called and the AET said my order was already in. This is mostly for people who have not done anything so far so they're telling you if you bought it in the store take it there and if you have not call 888 211 4727 yet about this issue if you ordered online then call. So again if you already have a AET order going this is a non event

Funny, mine didn't include that part & I've had an AET order in for a couple of weeks now. I also bought online, not in the store.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Funny, mine didn't include that part & I've had an AET order in for a couple of weeks now. I also bought online, not in the store.

Click the link in the email that is where you will see it. So yes you did get that :) you just did not click the link

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the AET and the guy said my replacement should arrive by the 6th of October. I'm awaiting an email confirming it has shipped before I'll believe what he said.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the AET and the guy said my replacement should arrive by the 6th of October. I'm awaiting an email confirming it has shipped before I'll believe what he said.

Lol he most likely pulled that out of his hat :) they have no idea when stock comes in and i was told a few times they will ship as they get stock and in the order of when you put in your return order. But i am pretty sure he just pulled that gate out of a hat or was given that date to make people say ok... They are sending them to stores before sprint.com AET which should not be the case they should be even but they seem to want people to return them to stores as much as they can get but not here as ill wait till Xmas if i have to and just play around with this note 7 trying stuff out on it etc till they send 1.

Also when it does come i plan on taking the full amount of days allowed to put my stuff on it i want and make sure it works right. So when you do get the AET finally make sure you wait a few days and see that the 1 you got works ok.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That is the exact reason I'm waiting for the AET phone to be shipped to me instead of going to the store. I want to be able to take my time and set up the new phone and make sure everything is good before I send the time bomb back.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have Samsung insurance, and I'm wondering if after the exchange they will change the start date on that? Also need to update phone info with them.
Sent from my perfect faulty note 7 this phone works so good I have very high expectations for the new phone

Last edited:

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'm confused by a lot of the confusion and anger I see here. The switch was super simple for me. A simple exchange takes 5 to 10 minutes and you only take the phone back. I kept everything, including the old pen. Then I also took the new box. Now I have 3 chargers, and double accessories.

I hope you all get your phones. This shouldn't be a stress fest, or complicated feat.

And a last note as a former Sprint employee: STOP GOING TO THIRD PARTIES! You automatically tie the hands of everyone at a corporate store who can help you. And it's not that we won't, we can't. They have a different system.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Yup same here just got the text message. WTF is up with them i am going to call as my stores both have none and i am not calling them each day to see when they get 1. This is really annoying

Lol so how does that work if I already ordered the replacement online? 😂

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You're in DC? Go to the store at Pentagon Row, outside of Pentagon City Mall. It's 1101 S. Joyce Street. They're the best in the area.

This is the one in DC I normally go to. Two weeks ago they had N7's in stock that they were selling to the public. When myself and another customer attempted to swap out at the store, they were not able to do it. Therefore had to order online...

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This is the one in DC I normally go to. Two weeks ago they had N7's in stock that they were selling to the public. When myself and another customer attempted to swap out at the store, they were not able to do it. Therefore had to order online...

Yikes. Sorry they lied to you. That's my old job. They didn't have them until last Wednesday, not two weeks ago. I can already imagine who said that to you though...

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up last Thursday from the Sprint store in Wicker Park (Chicago)...no issues with it at all...although I will say if you have to go through a corporate store, make sure they have your name on a list.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Was on my way to the in-laws and had the wife call a store on the way in Lansing, IL to see if they had any, and they did. Walked in like we wanted to buy some but the rep asked us if were in to exchange, beating us to the punch. The wife said the side eye look I gave him was priceless. Told him exchange and it was painless. Had to leave them there to do the smart swap for a hour. They kept the charger (I kept tryng to get them...but no go...but kept both s-pens). So each store is different. And they had all colors in.

Last edited:

timsty

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I own a note 7 that I purchased from a Sprint store in Center City Philadelphia and still have not been able to get my device exchanged. I've went to at least 5 different Sprint stores ( 2 of which were not open) and am either told that they don't have the color of my phone in stock (silver) or they are totally out of stock. I asked the Manager at the Center City store why was this so and he explained that between the exchanges and sales they couldn't keep them. I expressed to him my surprise about the sales when everything I read from Samsung said that they would suspend sales until October 1 and only do exchanges. I contacted Samsung corporate and Sprint Customer service. Samsung corporate confirmed that Sprint was only to do exchanges with the new stock of Note 7's. The Sprint representative stated otherwise and said this was being poorly handled by Samsung. Here's the deal. As a consumer I really don't care who's to blame. I use my phone mainly for business. I payed $850 for my phone and I'm told by everyone including Samsung, Sprint, my wife and co-workers to get rid of the phone and get an exchange. Every day I call local Sprint stores and they tell me they don't have them in stock. I get all kings of stories which I'm not interested in about why and how and what I should do. This is one week now and I'm still walking around with a defective phone in my hand.
What am I doing wrong.
#badsprintcustomerservice.

PS A representative from Sprint called me soon after I wrote and sent this message and asked if my issue was resolved from the other day. I informed him that it had not been resolved despite being told that it would. He said that I needed to take it up with the store which I told him I had. He then said there was nothing he could do and abruptly hung up on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.