Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
On phone with Verizon now. Save yourself the trouble and let this play out a few days. They don't even know there has been a formal recall yet.
Just had the same experience with an online chat support on Verizon.com.
I mentioned the recall and she/he/it said "Cool! You can order a new one on our website then."
Um, no. I need a replacement one. How do I do that?
"You can do that on the website or call customer care."
Where on the website? "Under smartphones."
Ok, nevermind. I'll just call in.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I checked my phone via Samsung and it said mine is affected(rolling eyes lol)..oh well..i am hoping verizon will give announcement soon!finally moving somewhere

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit I was using the Note 7 until 30 minutes ago despite having the Note 5 in my desk. However this formal announcement and IMEI checker telling me I am affected was the final straw. Back on the Note 5 until next week when I can exchange it. Pretty hard dose of reality that I cannot ignore. I thought I was not affected. But knowing I am changes things.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to do a replacement over the phone from VZW yet since the announcement was made? I will try later when I get home.

Please report back what happens. I've reached my limit of phone use today dealing with other business :p and planned to wait until tomorrow to call.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I guess as soon as CPSC gives the OK, I'll be heading to Verizon.
CPSC has given their OK. It's just a distribution and planning matter for Verizon now. Which will go amazingly smoothly if events up to this point are any indication... (that last part was sarcasm in case you missed it.)

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
CPSC has given their OK. It's just a distribution and planning matter for Verizon now. Which will go amazingly smoothly if events up to this point are any indication... (that last part was sarcasm in case you missed it.)

Yep your right, missed that. Looks like I'll be going tomorrow.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
So just got off the phone with Verizon they have already shipped out stock to the stores. They are expecting them to arrive no later then the 21st. I would check with your retail store everyday till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds