T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
So now my T-Mobile store who has my replacement phone (went in earlier today to pick it up but couldn't) says the system still has not updated and they can't release it to me. I called the 844 number thinking they were a different level of support and they can't do anything either. It's corporate who has to release them or update the SKU's within the system and until then the stores can't give them to customers. Starting to wonder what the point of ordering the replacement was if they won't give it to me. Hopefully they will update the system over night and I can get it tomorrow. The rep at the 844 number felt bad and put a credit on my account for all the hassle. She joked that it's so messed up that they (the folks at the 844 number) don't even want to come in tomorrow. She did mention that the phones are on back order and probably sometime next week until stores get them again but maybe she was referring to my area, not sure.

Wow. I don't like to get mad and throw a fit inside of a retail store, because really, what is that going to accomplish most of the time? But I have to be honest, this would have made me thrown a fit. I think I would have probably made the rep at the store cry.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Went by my Best Buy Mobile and exchanged out the bad Note 7 for a new one. I was there a couple of hours. The first 1/2 hour or so was doing the exchange itself (through ATT), but the majority of time was the data transfer itself. It had ALOT of media files to transfer over. In any case, all good to go. While I was waiting, I was staring at my Nexus 6P (the Note is my wife's), and makes me appreciate that it has worked for the past year without a hitch. :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it will fit anything back to the S6. Have you had one before or used it before? If not, you will love it. I know some people say its gimmicky, but forget that noise, VR is seriously the future. I use mine almost every day, more than my Xbox actually.
I only had a few minutes experience with one in a tmobile store on the display table. Was very interesting. I hope my free vr is approved that would be great

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
For those getting denied....if you ever had a note 7 and took it back because of recall with a loaner or without a loaner....as long as they got devices in stock......you have all rights to get a note 7 ...do not let them put you out of their store until they have spoken with a corporate manager and you have also spoken with that corporate manager....store managers are not true corporate managers so don't let them hassle you.....you hassle them until you get your device especially if they are in stock there...you may have to even call the 1844 number yourself and make a complaint while you are in the store if you want to escalate things ...this will put their jobs at potential risk and they will do whatever they can to prevent that

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For those getting denied....if you ever had a note 7 and took it back because of recall with a loaner or without a loaner....as long as they got devices in stock......you have all rights to get a note 7 ...do not let them put you out of their store until they have spoken with a corporate manager and you have also spoken with that corporate manager....store managers are not true corporate managers so don't let them hassle you.....you hassle them until you get your device especially if they are in stock there...you may have to even call the 1844 number yourself and make a complaint while you are in the store if you want to escalate things ...this will put their jobs at potential risk and they will do whatever they can to prevent that
People that are getting denied I feel terrible for.. the stores at minimum should know what an authorized return is. Hang in there and be very adamant. If you had a recalled note 7 you ha e every right to a replacement one, whether you have the original, turned it in and have a loaner, or turned it in and have some other backup.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I really doubt that Note 7 sales are going to "tank", man. If Samsung had any thoughts of that, with all that has already happened they would have just pulled the plug on this device completely. What is most likely to happen is a month from now when all this has blown over they will have all been replaced, be back in stores, and everything will carry on and we will be talking about whatever is relevant then. The S8 is still a solid 6 months away, I'd say. If they learned anything from this, it should be NOT to rush another phone to market.

Edit** What they ought to do, if anything, is push the release of the S8 a few months back and just get rid of the Note line altogether and just make the bigger version of the S series what the Note is now. I know everyone will say thats what they are not going to do, and I agree...just saying what they SHOULD do.

I suggested that too before. Basically morph it into one or at least release them at the same time. Like have your standard S7 type phone, and the have something called like the Note Edge that is the Note. IMO morph the Note and Edge into one phone since they're very similar devices. Most on here who buy the Edge end up buying the Note eventually.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I suggested that too before. Basically morph it into one or at least release them at the same time. Like have your standard S7 type phone, and the have something called like the Note Edge that is the Note. IMO morph the Note and Edge into one phone since they're very similar devices. Most on here who buy the Edge end up buying the Note eventually.

Oh that could work. S8 and Note 8. Maybe that's Samsung's plan.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Oh that could work. S8 and Note 8. Maybe that's Samsung's plan.

It's probably too late for that unless they don't release the S8 series until the summer since they probably already started on the Edge and Note 8 designs already. Just have to wonder if that would affect sales a lot because many forum users here buy the Note, then bought the S7 Edge when it came out, then bought the Note 7 lol and I'm sure a good chunk of Note 7 users here will purchase the S8 Edge when it comes out.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I called the 877 number and told them where my favorite T mobile location is. Brandon, FL mall.

I was told it will be there tomorrow, I got a confirmation text right after the call.

The lady on the phone was great. I commented that I appreciate & commend Samsung & T-Mobile on how they have handled this situation. I used to work customer service and it is a thankless job. I know many of the callers are acting like Special Snowflakes.

I will get a tracking # via text.
She said to note the name of who signed for the package when it is delivered to the store and to ask for that person.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I called the 877 number and told them where my favorite T mobile location is. Brandon, FL mall.

I was told it will be there tomorrow, I got a confirmation text right after the call.

The lady on the phone was great. I commented that I appreciate & commend Samsung & T-Mobile on how they have handled this situation. I used to work customer service and it is a thankless job. I know many of the callers are acting like Special Snowflakes.

I will get a tracking # via text.
She said to note the name of who signed for the package when it is delivered to the store and to ask for that person.
Please say that you didn't choose black???

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I called the 844 number to get a reserved phone shipped out, hoping to avoid the whole hassle of calling stores and driving around looking for one in stock and the right color. No luck. The operator told me I had to do everything in the store. I read to her from T-Mobile's own website about how they would ship a phone to the store of your choice and let you know when it arrives. But she said she didn't know anything about that. She didn't even know about the recall; I had to explain it to her.
I called and a lady sent me a reservation to the store of my choice and a text messages will be supplied when it is ready.

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
What a day. My day began by driving through thick fog to work. Had a normal day at work. My T-Mobile store called me that my phone was ready to be picked up at about 11 am. I figured I would leave work an hour early to beat traffic and an impending thunderstorm. Made it to the store and was there for maybe 20 minutes. It was a smooth process. Now for drive home which should have taken an hour, turned into almost two hours. The storm apparently caused some power outages and brought traffic to a standstill and made intersections nightmares. All in all I think it was worth it to have my Note 7 back.
IMG_0007.jpg

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I got a call half an hour ago from the same rep when I called the 1844# yesterday. She told me that I will receive a text when my note is shipped. She didn't say anything about shipping to a store and said it will ship to me.

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So now my T-Mobile store who has my replacement phone (went in earlier today to pick it up but couldn't) says the system still has not updated and they can't release it to me. I called the 844 number thinking they were a different level of support and they can't do anything either. It's corporate who has to release them or update the SKU's within the system and until then the stores can't give them to customers. Starting to wonder what the point of ordering the replacement was if they won't give it to me. Hopefully they will update the system over night and I can get it tomorrow. The rep at the 844 number felt bad and put a credit on my account for all the hassle. She joked that it's so messed up that they (the folks at the 844 number) don't even want to come in tomorrow. She did mention that the phones are on back order and probably sometime next week until stores get them again but maybe she was referring to my area, not sure.

Its upsetting for sure but just remember that I bet no one has gone through a recall of this magnitude with phones that are potentially fatal. Not saying they should drag their feet at all but I'm sure on Samsung and also the carriers end it is moving lightning speed although it doesn't seem like that when you are holding a phone that could explode unexpectingly. I see it from both ends. They are just trying to do their best with a situation most have never been in. But yes someone dropped the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38