10-24-2016 08:17 AM
233 ... 78910
tools
    Just got back from SC. I got the only ATT n7 they received. Took about 2 hours because their system won't let me exchange. They had to return and re-upgrade. They let me keep all the accessories, they only wanted the box.
    somdave2005 likes this.
    09-23-2016 03:55 PM
    I also filed a complaint with the CPSC, I also contacted the CEO of VZW.

The CEO's office already contacted me to set up a call. We'll see what comes of that.

My local "clueless" SC said yesterday that they believe they have physical stock, but that it wasn't entered into the system as available inventory yet. I'll be calling them later today.
    Just got back from SC. I got the only ATT n7 they received. Took about 2 hours because their system won't let me exchange. They had to return and re-upgrade. They let me keep all the accessories, they only wanted the box.
    This was my same experience today. As you know from some of my other posts. I had originally purchased from SC that was 2 hours away. mY Local SC would not do the exchange. I would have to drive to the original store 2 hours away. I learned throuhg Verizon that there was another store in Nashville TN (Old Hickory Blvd location) that could do the exchange. I called at 10am . They had a black N7 for Verizion. By noon, I had the replacement in my hand. A couple of items that were shared with me from Craig, the rep at SC.

All SC has the ability to process as a return/ then upgrade.
    SC has a campaign called "take it back" that regardless of the item, they take it back. I'm sure it has stipulations but this is what got me through the process.

I hope this helps.
    09-23-2016 04:48 PM
    Sorry, didn't see this until just now. My location is Lincoln, NE; only called the store I bought mine at, there is a second location here that I called two days ago, and they said "any day now". The location that I called that had some, I only asked about AT&T, and they had gotten one, not sure what color. They said they got "some" in, so I'm assuming they got other carriers too. Now I'm hoping the AT&T one is still there when I get off work.
    A little update on my exchange. Called the same Sam's Club I called last night and was told they had some phones in, and one from AT&T, and they still had the AT&T phone, said it was probably sent to replace mine, because they didn't have many people get Note 7s on AT&T in the first place. They wanted to schedule a time to do the exchange, because they said it could take up to an hour, because they have to basically return my Note 7 and resell me the other one, like others have said. Didn't have any slots open tonight that would work for me, so I'm scheduled to go in tomorrow at Noon. Hopefully everything goes smooth, and I'm back to using a Note 7 tomorrow at this time.

If something goes wrong tomorrow, I'm filing a complaint with the CPSC and lighting a fire under someone to get me a phone. I've never had issues with AT&T in the past, and I've been pretty pissed with how they've handled it for me.
    09-23-2016 06:11 PM
    My local Sam's club finally got the new stock and I traded my phone In. Process was painless and I got a $25 gift card to Sam's Club for trading the phone back in.
    pcsperson and somdave2005 like this.
    09-24-2016 06:30 AM
    My local Sam's club finally got the new stock and I traded my phone In. Process was painless and I got a $25 gift card to Sam's Club for trading the phone back in.
    I didn't get a SC gift card, but rather asked VZW for the $25 credit once I got the phone home.
    They honored that.
    somdave2005 likes this.
    09-24-2016 09:54 AM
    Went to swap my wife's phone yesterday and they told me their system wasn't working properly and couldn't do the exchange on the note 7. I am so done with Sam's Club. I will never buy another phone through them.
    09-24-2016 10:33 AM
    Update: yesterday, Got a call from my Sam's club in Vacaville, CA that my new note 7 is here. But couldn't exchange it same day and had to schedule appointment to do it next day. Was able to exchange my loaner s7 for new note 7 today without issues. Me and my black Note 7 are reunited, I feel whole again!
    09-24-2016 08:42 PM
    This is particularily frustrating when I read today that half the defective Note 7 phones have been replaced already. I reread the Sept. 15 email from Samsung. It states that replacement devices will be available in the US at "most" retail locations no later than September 21, 2016. I guess Sam's Club is not one of the retailers in the "MOST" Club. When I called my local SC a half hour ago, I was told that it was to get a supply of replacement phones this Sunday, Sept. 25.
    Time-wasting? Inconvenient? Frustrating? You bet! But, I love my Note 7 and remain hopeful that I will have a replacement before October. We wil see.....
    Update: I went to my SC last night, Sept. 23 and got my new Note 7 (Verizon) and a new box with no assessories, since I left the original ones at home. The rep did want the old box though, so when I found it this morning I took it back to him.
    Also, I was told that only Verizon phones had arrived at my SC location.
    So happy to have my phone. Now I can get on with my life.
    09-24-2016 09:52 PM
    Update: yesterday, Got a call from my Sam's club in Vacaville, CA that my new note 7 is here. But couldn't exchange it same day and had to schedule appointment to do it next day. Was able to exchange my loaner s7 for new note 7 today without issues. Me and my black Note 7 are reunited, I feel whole again!
    Thank you for including your location; that is extra helpful information!

I'm in the Houston, Texas area. I have yet to hear news of Note 7s coming in and have not received a call from my local SC south of Houston. I'm glad they let you exchange your S7 past the 14 day return policy; it gives hope to me being in the same or similar boat. I won't get my hopes up though. Hopefully the Note 7s get to the rest of the SC's around the U.S. soon. Enjoy your Note 7!
    09-25-2016 10:31 AM
    A few last notes:
    1) Just noticed a spelling error in my last update. I meant to type "accessories."
    2) My SC is in the Tampa Bay area, a little closer to Houston than Vacaville. Since my SC received only Verizon phones Friday, I'm thinking SC is at the mercy of the local carriers, and the carriers get them before "authorized retailers" and third party retailers; such as, Sam's, Target and Best Buy. I don't know, but it's a good guess.
    3) Consumerist.com has an informative article dated 09/23/16. Much of the problem is math. One million defective US phones - half a million new phones shipped = half a million defective phones waiting to be replaced. I think Samsung is cranking them out as fast as it can, and with all the pain and inconvenience we all have experienced, I am impressed that Samsung took ownership of this problem as soon as it did. I can't say that about other big corporations.
    09-25-2016 02:14 PM
    A little update on my exchange. Called the same Sam's Club I called last night and was told they had some phones in, and one from AT&T, and they still had the AT&T phone, said it was probably sent to replace mine, because they didn't have many people get Note 7s on AT&T in the first place. They wanted to schedule a time to do the exchange, because they said it could take up to an hour, because they have to basically return my Note 7 and resell me the other one, like others have said. Didn't have any slots open tonight that would work for me, so I'm scheduled to go in tomorrow at Noon. Hopefully everything goes smooth, and I'm back to using a Note 7 tomorrow at this time.

If something goes wrong tomorrow, I'm filing a complaint with the CPSC and lighting a fire under someone to get me a phone. I've never had issues with AT&T in the past, and I've been pretty pissed with how they've handled it for me.
    I did my exchange yesterday, and it was pretty much painless. I was a little annoyed that I scheduled the exchange for Noon, and the only person that knew how to do the exhange (or, in the words of the other person working the mobile counter "the only one to do it successfully") was on lunch break at the time, but they were supposed to be back in a few minutes, so I didn't make a big deal.

Other than taking a little bit of time, the process was pretty easy. They returned my phone, and put the refunded money on a gift card, so when they went back to "sell" me the other phone, they just used that instead of me having to get refunded than pay again. I returned the phone in it's old box and brought all the paper work, but conveniently "forgot" to put any of the accessories back in the box, and the guy only opened the box to get the phone out, and never gave it a second look otherwise, so I got a second set of accessories (except for the S-Pen, which I forgot to take out of the phone).
    09-25-2016 04:11 PM
    My wife just got a call like a hour ago from my sc here in concord .ca. finally got them in but we already swapped them out at att.so if you live inthe area they might have two there still
    09-25-2016 05:15 PM
    My Sam's club in Renton, WA still has NO sprint N7s for replacements and no information on when they are getting them. Infuriating.
    09-27-2016 01:47 PM
    My SC barely got Sprint N7's yesterday. I didn't even get a call, had to call them this morning and find out that way. They had 2 silver ones. I went and exchanged just now.
    09-27-2016 02:10 PM
    It's amazing how this one experience will not only make me never go to a Sam's club again (after getting the replacement note) but also actively dissuade others from joining Sam's club. All they have to do is provide us updates!
    09-27-2016 02:21 PM
    It's amazing how this one experience will not only make me never go to a Sam's club again (after getting the replacement note) but also actively dissuade others from joining Sam's club. All they have to do is provide us updates!
    Is there any benefit going to Verizon store instead of Sam's to get our exchange? I'm wondering about our contract date as I did the 2 year upgrade back in August.
    10-08-2016 10:51 AM
    FYI guys took my Original AT&T that I had gotten on release day today for full refund. Gift card were not even mentioned (I had used them all anyway) and I only packed charger and USB C cable into the box to make it look like I made an attempt to give stuff back. I Did leave the pen attached on the phone. It did take a manual call to AT&T and about 15 minutes so not too painful. At the end my sim got deactivated and the rep couldn't activate a new one on my account so he gave it to me and I had to call AT&T myself to activate it. If that happens to you it might be easier to go to AT&T store straight as all the identity checks needed over phone took a while to get through.
    10-10-2016 07:25 PM
    took my original n7 back for exchange on 10/1 and got a $50 giftcard for my troubles. With today's news, I guess I have to return it for something else. Does anyone know if i could just go through my carrier instead (VZ)?
    10-10-2016 07:51 PM
    I just called up my local SC this afternoon. They said I can return the phone for a full refund. No questions asked and I get to keep the gift cards I received for the pre-order and the first recall.
    I plan on going back to my Droid Turbo until I see the new Galaxy S series next spring.

Edit: yes I'm past my 14 day window. They said it didn't matter.
    10-10-2016 08:30 PM
    Called my SC today and they did not say this.
    They are calling "Corporate" tomorrow to see what their policy is.
    I'd say you are fortunate!
    10-10-2016 08:57 PM
    I am trying this as a back-up if SC does not comply with Samsung's return/refund policy.
    VZW typically does not want to do this type of thing.
    Sucks buying from SC.
    10-10-2016 09:00 PM
    So I signed up for the $350 2 year upgrade on Verizon on opening day got the 256sd . Exchanged my note for another one on Saturday after a 3 hour wait..(terrible exchange times) applied for the 256gb sd card says approved and shipped. Now today we get the notice of turn off your phones,and my line account shows I'm upgrade eligible once again! People are saying Verizon doesn't even want there phones back crediting the amount back. So we shouldn't have to take ours back? Can't we take an empty box to Sams and say I tossed in the river or it's gone because it blew up lol
    10-11-2016 01:15 PM
    I was able to return my Note 7 today at my local SC. I just gave them the phone and an empty box, less all accessories. They didn't ask me to return the gift card. SC also reactivated my old phone.

My next quest is to get Samsung to reimburse me for my Note 7 accessories - Gear VR, case, and screen protector.
    10-11-2016 06:41 PM
    I went to sc yesterday to return my Note 7 and they wanted to me to return $150 gc, I said I used it up and they wanted to me that pay the amount back to them, which is absurd, so I said nevermind give me phone back, and I drove straight to AT&T store and returned it with no questions asked.
    10-12-2016 10:49 AM
    After being told 2 times this morning on verizon chat (funny how both transcripts never arrived in my email!) that verizon corporate stores would allow me to return (not exchange) my N7 at my local verizon store even though I purchased as SC, I go to the store and I was rudely told no, that is impossible. Calling the customer service line, I at least got some respectful reps but I was pretty upset at this point. This is the 3rd time chat/customer service gave me incorrect information in the past 6 weeks. Now I have to call at least 2 SC stores because you have to take it to the exact store you originally purchased it at (which is over an hour away for me). Nope, won't be buying from SC again and will seriously thinking about going with ATT. This is ridiculous--it's not like it's a normal occurrence. Verizon needs to grow up and learn how to handle major problems like a recall.
    newvances70 likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:43 PM
233 ... 78910