Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Usually they say you'll see "it", whatever "it" is, on your next bill. I have three pending credits right now, supposedly, but can't verify any of them online and only one via phone right now. I hate the way they do it. Put the dang credit that day and let us see it by the next day, the way most business do.
Is applied to your bill immediately?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Screw it I'm holding off as long as possible so I can see what the v20 and pixel is all about , and possibly as far out as the s8. Just going to play stupid. They haven't given us a deadline to turn it in by in order for full refund

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Screw it I'm holding off as long as possible so I can see what the v20 and pixel is all about , and possibly as far out as the s8. Just going to play stupid. They haven't given us a deadline to turn it in by in order for full refund

No pun intended but you're playing with fire.. Something happens to the phone and they say well everyone who owns a note 7 got a text message and would have to be on a deserted Island to not know about the recall. So play dumb but if something happens to you or the phone or it breaks and you wait awhile you might just be stuck with a POS

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
No pun intended but you're playing with fire.. Something happens to the phone and they say well everyone who owns a note 7 got a text message and would have to be on a deserted Island to not know about the recall. So play dumb but if something happens to you or the phone or it breaks and you wait awhile you might just be stuck with a POS
Sorry, unless they have served me a notice or notify me by registered mail with my signature, they can't prove that a simple text or email was enough to notify me

And I'm sure by the time that they even give us a deadline, there will be plenty in stock

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
They have them here in Ohio but I'm going to wait for my exchange in mail.. I hate going in the sprint stores over here unless you have a half day to kill..

You know what? I thought it was me. In 17 years, I have NEVER been able to walk into a Sprint store and walk right back out. I wasn't going to exchange my phone but for some reason I have a small crack on the bottom right portion on the screen.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Actually you are being extreme. 2.5 million units sold vs let's say 100 explodey phones is less than .05%. It's actually 38 explodey phones. So NO, the sky is NOT falling.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
So for those of use who opt to have Sprint/Samsung mail us the replacements out, If FedEx and UPS are scared to ship the phones, who are they using? DHL? Is that why it went from Samsung saying "replace BY" the 21st to SOME carriers saying ON the 21st? Someone's not telling the rest of us the other half of the lie.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I under stood the comment to be available by the 21st but thats not a deadline for sprint to ship .
Not sure about delievery if they are refusing the new phones to ship or just the old.
I could go to the local store today and get one but just dont want to go that way, I will wait

DKinMN

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
All of you people who couldn't wait and bullied your way into a phone replacement and are now trying to reverse it to get a phone from a store...you are the worst. Just the worst.

LL HUGH J

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Just walked into a Sprint store in midtown, Manhattan. Was able to get a new Note 7, Blue Coral. The box however, did not have an S stamped on it as previously reported. But I did plug in the IMED while I was in the store on the Samsung site and indeed confirmed it is a safe Note 7. Going to power it on now and activate it and all should be good.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So i called a random sprint store near me (corporate)

I told the sales rep who answered that customerbservice transferred me, so that i can pick up my replacement note. (Yes i lied i didnt want to give them room to blow me off)

So guy sorta acts brand new. And i said you know the note 7 its been recalled because their dangerous. He's like ummmm yea? Ok hold on. He places me on hold. Then comes back asks me which color and storage size i have. Then places me on hold again. Comes back and asks where i got it. Told him i called sprint and ordered it but they told me i can pick up a replacement. Then he says oh well were not doing those (his exact words)
So i said, "you're doing replacements because you're refusing to or because you dont have any." He studders and says um yea we dont have any yet.

Tell me that doesnt sound like BS. Ima show up and pretend to want a new activation. How much should we bet that they have some? Lol

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to my sprint store where I bought mine from since I just confirmed they have the new stock

I'll report back what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.