T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
For people who did a return, did they give you a decrepit for the credit card refund at the store? At my store they didn't and they said 7 days or so it would be back in my account the refund and it still hasn't shown yet. Talking to Tmobile on twitter right now to see what's going on. Seems like someone might have messed up.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For people who did a return, did they give you a decrepit for the credit card refund at the store? At my store they didn't and they said 7 days or so it would be back in my account the refund and it still hasn't shown yet. Talking to Tmobile on twitter right now to see what's going on. Seems like someone might have messed up.
I returned my recalled N7 at a local store and got a Note 5 there as a loaner. This was on 9/10 and I had the refund (tax, down pmt) within the next 5 to 7 days I believe, credited back to my card.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well this should be fun. They are having to call customer care and already hold times. Fun.
My one local store is calling his district manager as I told him the other local store said no up front costs to get the Note 7 . On break I'm going to call the other two local stores. Likely I'll be stopping at one after work instead of on break. Glad I called around otherwise would've wasted some time. If I can get it for zero due today I'm go I ng to do it that way lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine showed on my credit card the next day.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine showed on my credit card the next day.

The whole process took about an hour and he had to keep going back into different screens. I'm thinking they might have forgot to refund my card.

What irritates me is when I pre ordered in the store I had the cash to pay the phone in full in my wallet, but they wouldn't take cash and said I must order with a credit card! I hate paying stuff on the card for reasons liek this.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Other local store called back and is pretty sure he can waive everything. He's in process of doing another one now and will call back shortly. He thinks mine may be easy just has to confirm his process steps. Sounds like they have a LOT of info to go through on how to do these exchanges

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Other local store called back and is pretty sure he can waive everything. He's in process of doing another one now and will call back shortly. He thinks mine may be easy just has to confirm his process steps. Sounds like they have a LOT of info to go through on how to do these exchanges

Just got back from my local mobile store, they only had 8 devices and by the time i left with mines I say 4 were left.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

I was issued a refund a few days ago i never notice

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I called the T-Mobile store by my house and they said they had a few on hand, but couldn’t hold any because they were getting a lot of people in already. This is like an hour from my work.
I called the one by work and they didn’t receive any in yet, but were expecting some with the UPS delivery around 1 or 2 today.
So, I called the 1-844 number again. She said things have changed since yesterday. They are now supposed to process all exchanges as warranty replacements.
I explained what our situation was again and she said it was no problem and put in the orders for us so we can pick it up at the store instead of worrying about them not having any when we got there.
Supposed to be no later than Monday delivery, but I’ll be happy if we can get them by this weekend.
What a cluster. I am not calling stores multiple times a day and rearranging my work schedule just to get a new phone...again.

CardsFan80

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Called my store, the manager said they have six in stock. Cannot hold, and said they are instructed to power the phone off immediately so make sure everything is backed up.

Doubt I get my replacement today, but my phone has ran fine. I can wait for next shipment if need be.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Called my store, the manager said they have six in stock. Cannot hold, and said they are instructed to power the phone off immediately so make sure everything is backed up.

Doubt I get my replacement today, but my phone has ran fine. I can wait for next shipment if need be.

Yes. Was going pretty fast the guy who helped me at T-Mobile is really friendly we exchanged numbers he just text me saying the 8 devices they had just sold out

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The other local store said i can come in and do the swap there. What's another hour or so right? On my way now. Glad I own my own business and don't have to stress over work with all of this crap.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

I refused that..told them I paid with a gift card I no longer was in possession of..so they did a cash refund..no money changed hands, just a work around. No idea who thought this process of refunding to a card and then paying again is a good idea

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh this one takes the cake.

I used my Note 7 for one day then shut it off because of the recall.

I just called the 844 number to have an exchanged shipped to my store. They told me:

"since I only used the phone for 1 day it has not shown up in their system. I must use the phone for the next 48 hours in order to show up in their system and then they will put an exchange order in for me"

So T-mobile is telling me i must use the hazardous phone no matter what to do an exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.