S23 ultra

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The new s23 ultra will be released in the first of the year how many will trade up or keep their s22?
If Sammy has a good trade in I will upgrade if not stay with what I have.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1raygin

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm sure that the s23 will be worthwhile, but since I only upgrade every 2 to 3 years, I'll be sticking with my s22+. I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The trade in has to be really good for me to trade up for the s23. I just purchased a leather folio for my s22 so it would have to be well worth the trade in.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my S22 Ultra. It's the best phone I've had so far, so I'm going to keep it.

I'll consider upgrading to either the S24 Ultra or Fold 6.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BEaRebel

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not interested in the s23. It does not even matter how great the trade-in amounts will be.

I really enjoy my s22 Ultra. I still have my Note 20 Ultra if I need it. I bought a Tab s8 Ultra also this year. It's a great device, but it's too big. I actually like my Tab s6 better. I think I'm a little burnt out on the new device experience.

I would rather wait a couple of years & see if there are some amazing new features.

My husband is also happy with his s22 Ultra, so he is not interested in upgrading.

But my best wishes to all that are going for the upgrade to the s23 line from the s22 line devices.

:)

Reactions: BEaRebel

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The new s23 ultra will be released in the first of the year how many will trade up or keep their s22?
If Sammy has a good trade in I will upgrade if not stay with what I have.

Honestly I have the best of both worlds in my opinion. My daily driver is my S22 Ultra and my side kick iphone 14 Pro Max. Currently I'm very satisfied with my phone's

Sure next year's iteration will have a few new bells and whistles but right now I really enjoy my 22 Ultra

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I am really happy with my unlocked S22 ultra 512 gb. I see no reason so far to upgrade. I still have my unlocked note 20 ultra. So I don't plan on upgrading currently

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like if the general public feels similar to you guys, the S23 Ultra may not be the biggest seller. It'll be interesting to see how it works out ;)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like if the general public feels similar to you guys, the S23 Ultra may not be the biggest seller. It'll be interesting to see how it works out ;)
I'm betting sales for all phones next year will decrease. Cost of living is just getting to high for people to spend money on yearly upgrades. The S23 releasing beginning of year while a good portion of the country (United States) will be paying higher then last year heating costs will also probably effect the S23 sales. They are expecting Christmas shopping to be a all time low this year also.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I quite frankly, unless you're a tech enthusiast or reviewer, don't understand the need to upgrade to a new device every year. It's probably basically going to be the S22 Ultra but slightly upgraded. I suppose if you get a really good deal like only having to pay a couple hundred bucks on the latest and greatest flagship due to trading in the S22U.... But even then.

If I had an S22U, I would keep it at least a good couple of years. I don't know who has money to throw to new devices every 6 months to a year, especially in this day in age. I certainly don't. That's just my opinion though.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe that unless the s23 has a lot of upgrades over the s23 it will not sell well unless the trade in is so high you can't refuse. I love my s22 ultra and will probably keep unless the above comes true.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I used to upgrade every year until I got the S21 Ultra, then I decided to slow down and wait. I upgrade my daughter's iPhone every 2 years and think I'll start to do the same. I'll be getting the S23 Ultra, but probably with a higher capacity. It does get costly to upgrade so much. At one point, I was upgrading phones every 4 months on the reg.

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I really enjoy using my S22 Ultra 512 GB, for me it is the ultimate phone. The S23 Ultra will look nearly identical, will have small improvements here and there but the overall experience will be nearly the same. Why should I buy the same phone two times?

Sent from my S22 Ultra