What is the best tempered glass screen protector for the S7?

mnphoneguy1

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I really want to get a tempered screen protector but not sure i want to pay $35+ for a Zagg. I have not used one before and wondering what is the best brands. I am looking at Amazon and Google reviews and Tech Armor Ballistic Glass seems like a good one. Anyway, am I better off paying more for a Zagg or are the cheaper brands just as good? If so, what brands to people recommend?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best tempered glass screen protector

I picked up a skinomi Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the note 5 for a buck on sale and it is still working great. Zagg might be slightly better but my $1 tempered glass screen protector works fine. Hopefully we will see sales for the s6.

mnphoneguy1

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

Bummer, i see its not available for the S7 until 4/6. I dont know if i want to wait that long. A lot can happen in a month haha

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

I never used one until I got the S6 and have seen first hand where it has saved the front screen multiple times. I opt for the tempered glass myself, and go with BodyGuardz. It's the same type as Zagg, but I've found it fits and seals a little better than Zagg. I pre ordered mine for the S7 and I was told it would be received right at launch.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I did my research regarding a ballistic glass for my Note 5 used with Otterbox Commuter case.

I bought a two pack of Jetech glass, easy installation on the Note 5, no halo, clear and went on and fits well. No problems, cleans easily.

Haven't dropped the phone or scratched the glass. Seems to be working very well.

YMMV.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Most good tempered glass in my experience have all been less than $10 on amazon. Zagg is overpriced.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I never buy the high price name brand eBay is your friend for cheaper options even found a good one for my edge plus

Posted via the Android Central App

defiantbeast

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
My personal favorite is Iloome,and there usually pretty reasonable as far as price, but they've tweeted that it won't be available till early April

Pride Power Paradox

Last edited:

mnphoneguy1

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
So I ordered a tech armor glass protector for my S7. I did this well before the two reviews came out on Amazon and it looks like it doesn't cover the whole screen. I'm extremely bummed! Is anyone aware of a good glass case that will cover the phone but not break the bank? I don't want to pay premium prices for zagg, etc. I was looking on Amazon and eBay and there are too many to chose from so your help is appreciated.

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I would love to find out the same thing. Of course with the requirement that it isn't an expensive one like the Zagg

If Zagg is the only one that makes it, I'll probably buy it, since it's still way cheaper than replacing the screen. They won't be the only one to make it though, I'm sure a bunch of other brands will be sourcing from the same factories.

wheelswagz

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Zagg Glass has a terrible halo! I just chatted with Zagg support. Zagg said halo is necessary because of the design of the phone. they offered free shipping on a replacement and the HDX might be better since it is more flexible. I said no thanks and I will return it for a refund. I got mine from Best Buy, so I will be taking it back for the 14-return policy, I hope Guess I will go with a naked screen in a spigen case.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I can concur, Zagg glass for the regular S7 is a huge let down, the halo is obnoxiously large I assume due to the curved glass on top. Herod hoping iloom makes a very flexible one like they did for the g4.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried Verizon's yet? I always have a glass screen protector on my phone and am getting the S7 today so I have to make a choice. Really wish Spigen would make one again for the newer Galaxys.