Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
New angle. Video chat from the explody Note 7. Her advice? Power it down immediately and wait. Nah, told her to wish me luck and goodnight. Then I disconnected.
9e4f15faa2081bf8627eeb6eea0a9d50.png

mikecol

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Got my FedEx alert for deliver 9/28 tomorrow (from In., 2 day). Also received call from Director of E-commerce who received direction from my 2 emails to Tim Baxter.

Happy to get it tomorrow.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with samsung. They have yet a new procedure. They are not going to send out special packaging to ship the defective phones back and they are not going to ship out the new Note 7's to me in advance.

The only option is that someone is going to come to my home with my two new note 7s and pick up the old ones at the same time. This will not happen is 2 or 3 days but it sounded like a week or so.

Lou
One of the numerous conflicting reports from them. I just received a call from Samsung (Texas) and she will call me when they have a tracking number. Plus someone already received notice that their phone was being shipped Fed ex to arrive on the 29th. We have all basically learned not to hold our breath by anything Samsung tells us until we have that new phone in our hands.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow I feel so so bad for all of y'all that got from Samsung directly what a mess. If possible try to get a carrier or best buy to exchange it because Samsung seems to be changing their story from what i read or tell credit card company to block the charge and get refunded. That way you can get it from carrier directly. Such a huge company and such pathetic way of handling their customers it's sad. I almost bought from them and because i dont like delayed gratification I ordered mine from best buy originally for in store pick up. Yikes. Good luck to all.
Bbarbie,

Several of us have tried that and they won't do it.

android44life

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else heard that they are personally going to deliver the replacement phones and pick up the exploding ones ? That's how they did it in Korea. I put refund on my form so how is that going to work ? Has anyone gotten the 'special packaging' to return the phone ? Thanks

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
That number from Texas isn't "Samsung in Texas." It's just a call center mill called Harte Hanks Inc. I'm betting Samsung outsourced them to help out since their already outsourced Digital River outfit was too inept to handle the volume.

Disaster all around.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That number from Texas isn't "Samsung in Texas." It's just a call center mill called Harte Hanks Inc. I'm betting Samsung outsourced them to help out since their already outsourced Digital River outfit was too inept to handle the volume.

Disaster all around.
Crazy, she is the one who said she was from Texas. The only thing I had asked her was, "Does she actually work for Samsung"? Of course she hesitated for a minute and then said, "Yes".

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Crazy, she is the one who said she was from Texas. The only thing I had asked her was, "Does she actually work for Samsung"? Of course she hesitated for a minute and then said, "Yes".

Bah. Probably just a temp contract job. Kinda like those people at Best Buy. The shirt days Samsung but their employer is a promotional marketing company.

Call the number back. You will get a generic recording and can only leave a voicemail. It's a call mill.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Stores got them in a week ago.

None of this matters. It's not over until it arrives.

Absolute circus. I am embarrassed for them. I let their support know via a DM Convo on twitter that I'm using it full tilt around the clock since Samsung has given me no alternative. Asked them to wish me luck.

And the law firm just called me back. They are referring the case to their attorneys. If this is a class action, feel free to join up. Again if Samsung"fixes" this tomorrow, doesn't forgive the weeks of silence and danger they forced on us to keep the devices in our homes. Aside from burying them in our backyard, we've been given no reasonable disposal direction. That's concerning.
I think you are taking this a little too far. For a recall like this one, it's nice that samsung is at least getting replacement devices out there less than 6 weeks later...if this phone was so life and death to you...you should of just switched to a different samsung phone...geez ....a lawsuit is just overkill...you had an option to just throw your device away and keep it out of your home or simply power it off....smh...you would think your house already burned down by your actions

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you are taking this a little too far. For a recall like this one, it's nice that samsung is at least getting replacement devices out there less than 6 weeks later...if this phone was so life and death to you...you should of just switched to a different samsung phone...geez ....a lawsuit is just overkill

I was waiting on this. Fair enough.

I have a backup iPhone I bought as a result of this mess, so I'm technically just fine. It's the principle that I take issue with, laid out in a few main points:

• There was never a loaner program
  • There was no proactive communication about timelines
  • We had no reasonable option (and still don't) to rid this dangerous device from our homes. If it's too dangerous for FedEx to transport, it's too dangerous to be in our homes. Yes, even powered off as they would be for transport.
  • There are no updates about progress. Any information is scuttlebutt on forums or from proactive customers calling in and begging for information. Calls for help are answered with "please wait a day or two. Just wait."
  • Carriers have gone above and beyond to help their customers out...customers of Samsung. Those who ordered the exact same phone from Samsung are receiving a very inferior level of care and attention to this serious CPSC driven safety recall.

I mean, I'm not like "GIMMIE MAH PHONEZ I NEED THE PHONEZ!" I just want a reasonable amount of communication, care and action for a device that apparently can ignite at any moment. Dramatic? Don't think so. Even Samsung's first response to anything is "POWER IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY." (that's their concerned lawyers talking, BTW).

So, they know it is dangerous and they haven't provided a single method to remove this device from our homes. That's the basis for the aggravation. The CPSC, based on my interactions with them, finds this troubling as well.

Lawsuit? I mean maybe, depending if the CA firm takes it on. I don't really care. It's about treating your customers right. If Samsung/Digital River/Ingram Micro/whomever is behind their web sales just COMMUNICATED with their customers about progress/etc, we'd be mostly cooled off. After all, they are well protected behind international phone trees so we are at their mercy. Carrier customers can just walk in and talk with a human. It's not unreasonable for us, given this separation in interaction, to desire at least a low level of proactive communication directly to us.

Had Samsung.com immediately offered a solution to dispose of this purported dangerous device (i.e. take to a carrier store immediately, dispose of and have the carrier record the IMEI) that would have been just peachy.

Silence was and still is their solution. That's not ok.

Bud32767

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Received SMS message from FedEx at 603 pm CST today with a link to package tracking.
2 pound box shipped 2 day fedex yesterday from plainfield, indiana to illinois. It is currently in memphis, tn
Signature delivery by 430 pm tomorrow at my work

Havent heard from samsung about the shipment.
I would have been less stressed if they would follow proper ettiquete and kept me informed like sending a promised shipping notification email yesterday afternoon.

I filled out the online form at 10 pm on Thursday Sept 23. It will be 4 business days, not replacement receipt in 2 to 3 days promised last Thursday.

Lets hope a happy Note 7 is in box.

Others have reported receipt of phone today but no return packaging, shipping labels, or instructions on bomb disposal. How will we return the recalled phones?

C'mon Samsung USA, we deserve better.

:mad::mad:

Last edited:

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
First off many customers at carriers didn't get the royal treatment. Many of us were mistreated very badly especially from Sprint. It was hell trying to get my phone. And I know a lot of people still haven't gotten their phones yet because the carriers are selling the phones instead of doing exchanges. Most of the carriers had the phones for a week or more but refused to start doing the exchanges till a certain date. BS because I know there wasn't a date set. They would lie to the customers saying they don't have the phones yet. They are still doing it now. And in the meantime they sell the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000