Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Just got my shipping confirmation. I submitted the form on Sep 23, 2016 at 10:15 PM (PST), and received a shipping confirmation on Sep 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM. Looks like for once Samsung is keeping their word on having it sent out within 2-3 business days.

My package left on Wed (today), at 4:50 PM from Indianapolis, IN, and is expected to arrive Friday. Hopefully everyone got their shipping notifications!

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
That's just one single device. The media is frothing at the mouth for more dirt. I don't think this is it. I mean it's pretty known that the Chinese aren't the biggest fans of Koreans and don't particularly like having Korea's devices encroaching on the Chinese market. I'm betting there is more to the story. Of course pretty much every brand of phone out there has malfunctioned at some point, but nobody cared. With the Note and Samsung in general, everyone is hyper aware and overly dramatic.

In other news my replacement arrived today. On it now.

And.....in typical Samsung fashion, I apparently have another one shipping overnight to arrive tomorrow. That's two replacement Note 7s. I still have the defective one too that is certainly going back as soon as they figure out how.

And my card has been refunded from the original purchase. So...three Note 7s for ... free?

Oh Samsung. Never change. The circus continues.

And strangely enough I'm kinda missing the iPhone 6s+. Having iMessage was more useful than I realized (literally everyone I know uses it...it's nice to send/receive crisp 60fps videos...). And no they won't use WhatsApp or anything else. All iMessage all the time.

Hmm.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That's just one single device. The media is frothing at the mouth for more dirt. I don't think this is it. I mean it's pretty known that the Chinese aren't the biggest fans of Koreans and don't particularly like having Korea's devices encroaching on the Chinese market. I'm betting there is more to the story. Of course pretty much every brand of phone out there has malfunctioned at some point, but nobody cared. With the Note and Samsung in general, everyone is hyper aware and overly dramatic.

In other news my replacement arrived today. On it now.

And.....in typical Samsung fashion, I apparently have another one shipping overnight to arrive tomorrow. That's two replacement Note 7s. I still have the defective one too that is certainly going back as soon as they figure out how.

And my card has been refunded from the original purchase. So...three Note 7s for ... free?

Oh Samsung. Never change. The circus continues.

And strangely enough I'm kinda missing the iPhone 6s+. Having iMessage was more useful than I realized (literally everyone I know uses it...it's nice to send/receive crisp 60fps videos...). And no they won't use WhatsApp or anything else. All iMessage all the time.

Hmm.
Glad to hear you got your phone!

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Nothing from Samsung.com, but my UPS My Choice just notified me that my phone will be delivered on Thursday by Noon. (If you didn't know about My Choice, great free service from UPS). could this finally be over soon?!

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Nothing from Samsung.com, but my UPS My Choice just notified me that my phone will be delivered on Thursday by Noon. (If you didn't know about My Choice, great free service from UPS). could this finally be over soon?!
And the tracking number doesn't have my order number, but it does have my CPSC complaint ticket number.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got my shipping confirmation. I submitted the form on Sep 23, 2016 at 10:15 PM (PST), and received a shipping confirmation on Sep 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM. Looks like for once Samsung is keeping their word on having it sent out within 2-3 business days.

My package left on Wed (today), at 4:50 PM from Indianapolis, IN, and is expected to arrive Friday. Hopefully everyone got their shipping notifications!
Lethal1148,

Which carrier variant is yours?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm with AT&T also and waiting for my shipping notice. Wonder if the delay is caused by having to put everything on those ugly blue and white AT&T boxes. Anybody from AT&T get a shipping notice?
LOL, could be! Still no shipping notices for me.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine, due today, is a blue on Verizon.
Jhimmel,

Thanks. Mine is ATT so they may be sending out by carrier as they get them. So far looks like T-Mobile and Verizon have started shipping from Samsung.com. Haven't heard from anyone on this thread that they have received notice that are on ATT

mikecol

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
My replacement phone arrived yesterday (Tmobile type). No $25 cert though. Also got call that someone would come today to pickup old phone....of course today they called and cancelled. Not sure who they are or if they were sent from Samsung.....would have been nice if Samsung.com would let us know who is supposed to be coming so we would get credit for the old phone being returned. Have a feeling this is going to be another mess they have in store for us.

Happy to have new phone, but hoping this was over....but just keeps going on and on.

Hoping new screen protector arrives today so I can replace the one still on the bad phone.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My replacement phone arrived yesterday (Tmobile type). No $25 cert though. Also got call that someone would come today to pickup old phone....of course today they called and cancelled. Not sure who they are or if they were sent from Samsung.....would have been nice if Samsung.com would let us know who is supposed to be coming so we would get credit for the old phone being returned. Have a feeling this is going to be another mess they have in store for us.

Happy to have new phone, but hoping this was over....but just keeps going on and on.

Hoping new screen protector arrives today so I can replace the one still on the bad phone.
Well, at least it is a new problem..

Flyn2high

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I found out that If you purchased more then one Note 7 phone on your samsung.com order, as I did ,then the automated process will not work. In my case they will not send an advance replacement. They also will not send the special packaging to return the old ones.

My only option is to wait for someone for someone to call and arrange to hand deliver the new phones and pick up the old phones at the same time.

There is no end in sight. I feel like I am stuck in an endless loop. Off all the calls to Samsung I have never received a call back so this could take a while.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine was delivered. Haven't seen it yet - not home. Wondering if there is a return package or what the deal will be with that. Funny that even at this late stage we still don't know what the plan is...lol.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I found out that If you purchased more then one Note 7 phone on your samsung.com order, as I did ,then the automated process will not work. In my case they will not send an advance replacement. They also will not send the special packaging to return the old ones.

My only option is to wait for someone for someone to call and arrange to hand deliver the new phones and pick up the old phones at the same time.

There is no end in sight. I feel like I am stuck in an endless loop. Off all the calls to Samsung I have never received a call back so this could take a while.
That makes no sense, but it is Samsung. I think we all learned our lesson on this one.

mikecol

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung.com again and they have no idea who is picking up the old/bad phone; even though I have two that have called to come and pick it up. They said to wait for email from Samsung, or I won't get credit for returning it. Not sure if it is scammers or someone hired by Samsung wanting to pick up the old/bad phone; but will just wait for the email. They are clueless.

nonesounique

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
These goons at Samsung.com Direct are hilarious! They just sent me a box within a box with no exchange phone inside. WTF? It's so funny!
Oh, btw I have this email from them. this is their escalation process front line manager.
Attn: Amber - ecomm09@sea.samsung.com

Please write and tell her why you are irate!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.