Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud32767

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I got a wrong order # too in tonight's email from Samsung.
I started to think that it the fact that I used paypal and was logged in as guest when I placed my order.
Are they deliberately trying to further torture us?
I found my original order email for the phone and 256gb microsb freebie.
That order # worked.

New note 7,this time I asked for black as the blue always looked dirty, 2-3 business days to arrive.
Special mail container to ship recall phone back. They give you 14 days to do so or theyll charge you the price of the phone
There is an option to have a samsung rep pick up your recall phone at your home or work.

Make them work and force them to come and grab the bomb they sent you!

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Got the email also. Same here, wrong order number. I think they just want to torture us one more time by making us call the 800 number again. The message after I submitted also said they would refund me for the accessories I purchased. I will wait and see about that one though. Could not be happier. Now, my new obsession is to check email every 10 minutes looking for the shipping notice.

Thank you.

Please note the following important information:

Please do not return your current Galaxy Note7 device unless it is in the special return packaging we send to you.

You have chosen to receive a new Note7 64 GB Black Onyx. It will be shipped to you within the next 2 - 3 business days, and you will receive an email when your new device has shipped. You will also receive a separate refund for Galaxy Note7 accessories which you have purchased on Samsung.com

We regret any incovenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation. You will receive a $25 Samsung.com Reward eCertificate, good towards a future purchase on Samsung.com

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
My theory on the wrong order numbers. They are so disorganized that they are sending out real Note 7 order numbers from other people's purchases.

So, if you knew the corresponding email, you'd get a free Note 7.

That's cute. Reason #359 Digital River needs to be fired. Or is it Ingram Micro? Whomever runs their e-commerce store (it's not Samsung themselves) needs to go.

Edit: now that I think about it, the order would go to the address the original purchase went to. So technically someone who was planning on a refund could be out of luck if their email address was known by some unscrupulous person. Fiasco. Continued.

Last edited:

nonesounique

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
These jerks at Samsung.com can't even get our PO number correct! You really have to think the guy in charge has no clue how their eCommerce division is so screwed up! Mr Baxter needs to go!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
For those that have received the last email. Did y'all call the new number to get that email or did it just come automatically to you? I don't know how many times I have called to be put on or verify I am on "their" list, I called the new number yesterday and they said someone will call me today (Friday) or Monday for sure.. Just curious because I haven't received anything from them. Also, don't understand why if I was on their list at the old group why it didn't move over to this new group that is supposedly handling this now. Well, at least y'all are getting something saying thet are shipping your phonese even if they can't get the order numbers correct

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Received email, same as everyone else. Wrong order number, same as everyone else. Anyway, ordered replacement - let's see when we start getting them now. The light at the end of the tunnel? Hope so.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Received email, same as everyone else. Wrong order number, same as everyone else. Anyway, ordered replacement - let's see when we start getting them now. The light at the end of the tunnel? Hope so.

Would it have been difficult for them to say "we're in the process of setting up a website that will allow you to select your exchange/refund options, we're just trying to work out the details with a shipper to make it happen."

I just hope theybship via UPS and not FedEx

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
For those that have received the last email. Did y'all call the new number to get that email or did it just come automatically to you? I don't know how many times I have called to be put on or verify I am on "their" list, I called the new number yesterday and they said someone will call me today (Friday) or Monday for sure.. Just curious because I haven't received anything from them. Also, don't understand why if I was on their list at the old group why it didn't move over to this new group that is supposedly handling this now. Well, at least y'all are getting something saying thet are shipping your phonese even if they can't get the order numbers correct

I had called days ago but they didn't take my info so I don't think that's why I received the email. They said (on the phone) that they have our information since we ordered from them and will contact everyone.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I had called days ago but they didn't take my info so I don't think that's why I received the email. They said (on the phone) that they have our information since we ordered from them and will contact everyone.
Ok good, because the first time I called them on September 4th they took my info when I called back the following Friday they saw I called but all info was missing. So I don't really trust the call I gave them yesterday. Good all y'all got an email, at least it's something different. Still haven't received anything from them.

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I got the email. I put in my order, etc. It says that it can't find my order and directs me to the same old samsung service number

sharmanas

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Do we need to return the pre-order gift as well, when returning the device to Samsung? I bought directly from Samsung.com and wish to get the full refund.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Oops, nevermind, once you submit it and you go back and try again it will say you have already submitted... Thanks again

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got a call from Samsung corporate regarding my CPSC claim. I assured them that I had not been harmed, and that I was just unhappy with the customer service. Sent an email with my receipt to an email they gave me. Said to expect a call back regarding a replacement. Will keep you posted

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
OchoCILINDROS:

Do you know if you received an email after filling that out? I filled it out and it seemed to take but haven't received any email back yet saying they received my info.
I called for this same reason. No more info. For once, I'm content to wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli