Verizon Fascinate: Froyo EB01 FAQ Plus Stock Unrooted and Rooted Downloads

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
a little help please

I posted in another thread but no one answered me. So I have flashed this rom I was wondering how hot the phone should get before you worry? I have Elixir installed and it says my battery gets as hot as 95 degrees. So is there a program that that tells me how hot my cpu is? The phone just feels pretty warm. So I was just wondering should I go back to stock or is this normal for this build? Like it doesn't seem or act like its overheating and my battery life seems normal? Any help would be awesome I just don't want to screw up my phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I posted in another thread but no one answered me. So I have flashed this rom I was wondering how hot the phone should get before you worry? I have Elixir installed and it says my battery gets as hot as 95 degrees. So is there a program that that tells me how hot my cpu is? The phone just feels pretty warm. So I was just wondering should I go back to stock or is this normal for this build? Like it doesn't seem or act like its overheating and my battery life seems normal? Any help would be awesome I just don't want to screw up my phone.

i have no idea what the answer to this would be i never bothered to monitor the heat of my phone, the only time i feel excessive heat is when im using my GPS for long periods of time or talking while the phone is plugged in , ill monitor my phone for awhile and ill let you know. although this rom is as stock as it gets so i dont see it being anything with the rom itself

Reactions: trigun123478

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't think its as hot as when your talking while the phone is plugged in or on gps but I can defiantly feel it getting warmer in my pocket. Would I notice any issues if it were overheating? Like laggyness or screen looking weird? Thanks for your reply and let me know how that goes.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
ragnarokx/Adrynalyne - I'm either losing my marbles or you guys did some work merging, editing, or something to get posts #1 - #7 looking good. I don't think I did any of that. Thanks for the help :)

marteagajr75: yes. Although, I took so long to reply, you probably figured that out by now.

Reactions: marteagajr75

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ragnarokx/Adrynalyne - I'm either losing my marbles or you guys did some work merging, editing, or something to get posts #1 - #7 looking good. I don't think I did any of that. Thanks for the help :)

marteagajr75: yes. Although, I took so long to reply, you probably figured that out by now.

Yeah they fooled me for a while because I was looking for your rooting thread to link to someone as an informational source and I couldn't find it until after I had already replied to the person I was helping. Ragnarokx has been doing one hell of a job to clean up the forums, merge threads, and keep everyone calm and happy. If he had a beer fund like Adrynalyne I'd contribute to it :D

Reactions: Cory Streater

marteagajr75

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Cory, I noticed the 6-7 issues with this version, the only that concerns me is the battery charging and draining fast. Have you yourself encountered any of them? If I skip the clockworkmode or CWM, will my phone still work the same?

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I just recently flashed this using Odin and everything seems to be working great.

I am however having a couple of bugs and was hoping to get some answers.

The first problem I'm having is with the Flash Player's Audio. When I play a Flash video the audio sounds as if it's in slow-mo. The video plays fine and pretty smoothly, but the audio is like in a "demonic" tone.

Additionally, the advertisements seem to work fine for both the audio and video.

The second problem I'm having is with the camera. It won't let me use it because it shows this pop-up warning message that my camera's firmware is out of date and that I need to update it. If I click 'no' it closes the camera app and when I click 'yes' it takes me to this menu where I can check the firmware or write a firmware.

Any suggestions?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just recently flashed this using Odin and everything seems to be working great.

I am however having a couple of bugs and was hoping to get some answers.

The first problem I'm having is with the Flash Player's Audio. When I play a Flash video the audio sounds as if it's in slow-mo. The video plays fine and pretty smoothly, but the audio is like in a "demonic" tone.

Additionally, the advertisements seem to work fine for both the audio and video.

The second problem I'm having is with the camera. It won't let me use it because it shows this pop-up warning message that my camera's firmware is out of date and that I need to update it. If I click 'no' it closes the camera app and when I click 'yes' it takes me to this menu where I can check the firmware or write a firmware.

Any suggestions?

Don't know about the Flash Player audio, but click yes on the camera update and choose the third option with the write.

smashnlc82

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
would love to have froyo on my fascinate im sick of waiting im ready however i get lost in all the forums and have no idea where to begin i looked at instaling eb01 build and downloaded the samsung driver and odin but i am still confused with everything please help

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
would love to have froyo on my fascinate im sick of waiting im ready however i get lost in all the forums and have no idea where to begin i looked at instaling eb01 build and downloaded the samsung driver and odin but i am still confused with everything please help

if you want pure stock froyo use this thread, you can use the stock .tar file and if you need help with directions for odin you can use my thread....if you want a custom rom or rooted rom they can be found in my thread aswell

directions on how to use odin can be found in posts 1 and 3,, post 4 has trouble shooting.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-10-a.html

how long does the download and reboot usually take?

the flash with odin should take approx 2 to 4 mins at the end it will say (successful 1/fail 0)
reboot takes approx 4-5 mins as it has to build dalvik cache on first boot

Reactions: smashnlc82

masterlange

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried it again using some of the troubleshooting steps. It seems to get stuck on modem and wont go to pass. Not sure what im doing wrong, i am not rooted stock right now and was hoping to flash over to this,

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried it again using some of the troubleshooting steps. It seems to get stuck on modem and wont go to pass. Not sure what im doing wrong, i am not rooted stock right now and was hoping to flash over to this,

ok so the battery is out of the phone right...leaving the battery in usually causes this...

and you tried a different usb port. did you try redownloading the package?

masterlange

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
trying it again now for third time. Battery out, re-downloaded odin, new usb port. I am doing this from stock does that matter? I just followed the two steps at the beginning of this forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick