Clockwork flashable Froyo EB01 with root and busybox

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm one my phone so I can't link you.but go to the stickies and look in tools of the trade. How to use odin section
forgive my ignorance as i am absolutly new to anything that is a smart phone, but i am game for anything better than what my Fascinate has now..

i do not understand ODIN.. i have downloaded all the files mentioned in a post near top of page by Adrynalyne..

but that is as far as i have got, i need any help and i will appreciate it..
i once moded a satelite site but that was a different ball game...
in here i am ignorant and have no idea where ODIN is or what to do with the downloads.. Yes i have read n read till i need debloating..i just need help..but i will wait for the debloated version.and be thankfull for it.. as long as i get a path to install it...thx to all and thx for my post being so long.. papa54

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ljmays

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
ok,,,,if I have froyo now do I got to reflash it? or are they a single root file i can debug and start root like on the 2. 1

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok,,,,if I have froyo now do I got to reflash it? or are they a single root file i can debug and start root like on the 2. 1

my version will over write what you have now with a rooted version

when did you get that fascinate root file... from my tutorial or dirks

ljmays

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
not sure it's been rooted for a while on the 2.1...so I put it back to stock to update it.which work out ok just need to geed it rooted with the update. his was the easiest I thought but will try your file to overwrite it

skinney

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
This may be a stupid question.. but after flashing EB01 with Odin my fasinate has 2.2.1 do I need to follow the rest with clockwork Mod and all?

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
STUPID QUESTION!: I had flashed 2.6 and was having the text message issue where i can send but not receive. I was reading to flash the eb01 modem and to use the PDA button in ODIN. Thing is, is the modem is a .bin file which is nly found using the PHONE button. What do it do? Flash it using the Phone Button or no?

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
hit the PHONE button if you want to brick your phone. Just follow instructions on the forum and make sure you use the PDA buttom. I doesnt matter what you're flashing through odin, you will ALWAYS use the PDA button.

n660623x

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't know what happened guys...I went to flash modem.bin in odin and it hangs on "setting up connection" if I disconnect the phone wont power on, I get an icon that shows a phone and a computer and thats it. Help!

Here it is folks, in its bloated, ugly, and nasty touchwiz self. Kernel is included in the package. Rooted and busybox, only.

How to install, coming from Eclair:

1. Boot phone to download mode, and flash modem via Odin. Use pda button.
eb01modem.tar

2. Boot to clockwork recovery, and wipe data/factory reset. Then install rom.
eb01_stock.zip

Debloated, deodexed:
stock_deodex_debloat.zip

3. Before rebooting, also install the new clockwork package.
[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for all (non-voodoo) ROMs - xda-developers
4. Boot up and enjoy...or hate. Your mileage may vary!

All the folks who helped check for watermarks...y'all know who ye are.
The leaker, who we ended up serving for dinner with a nice bisque. We named it Leaker Bisque. Patent pending.
Everyone should feel obligated to join IRC and give each and every dev a hug and a kiss for Valentine's day.

txgeezer

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, flashed modem. Wiped data\reset. ROM install failed. Installed new clockwork. success. Rebooted, still 2.1.1, now no wifi. WTF???

EDIT: Finally got the update, still couldn't connect to WiFi, hung on "obtaining IP address". FIXED: had to change security to WPA2. Thanks, the Froyo is great now.

Last edited:

vobaby24

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Help

Need serious help please can anyone please give me step by step on how to put android 2.2 on my samsung fascinate im new to this and need a little help step by step thank you.Seriously Frustrated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Need serious help please can anyone please give me step by step on how to put android 2.2 on my samsung fascinate im new to this and need a little help step by step thank you.Seriously Frustrated.

Welcome to Android central,,,, are you all backed up ? contacts saved?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Absolutely. DroidXcon has put some all-in-one packages together that you flash though ODIN. It requires much fewer steps and is perfect for those new to rooting and flashing. Just follow the exact instructions in the thread here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-04-a.html
Also to give you some knowledge about what your are doing and what we are all talking about you can read this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...56394-beginners-rooting-read-me-3-3-11-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.