Clockwork flashable Froyo EB01 with root and busybox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Bimr

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm saying if you want 2.2, just go straight to downloading 2.2. If you want a super easy method where someone else has done all the work check out DroidXcon's thread here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-12-a.html

I actually used DridXcon's method and went strait to Super Clean 2.2 via ODIN. I had DL30 with SuperClean 1.0. Strange thing is all my apps reloaded themselves once the phone booted. I went to the market to get my apps and they were all downloading.

I was a little unsure why in one of the first steps you install update.zip to the sdcatd as you never use that file via this method.

Or you can follow the methods in the first post of this thread, but instead of using the stock or debloated/deodexed EB01, just use superclean 2.2. If you want I can walk you through it step by step, it will just help to know what version you are currently running and what you do and do not have on your phone right now. Help is just a question away, so fire when ready

I assume (not sure) this method would be to use ODIN to flash the EB01 modem and then follow with CWM to load the rom.

One question thou is why are the files so different in size (~300 MB ODIN way and ~120-150 MB the CWM way)file).

I am very thankful to everyone that makes these custom roms. It does allow people like myself that do not have the know how to get our devices performing much better. I would like to learn how to make these roms and would be grateful if you or anyone else can point me in the right direction to learn how to do so.

Thanks

Reactions: Landshark

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If the themes aren't compatible, you will have issues. Don't install Dl30 themes on EB01. You have been warned!

I used the same method I always do to deodex and zipalign. Its the same method I have used for superclean as well.

All the themes i'm trying are EB01. Not sure what the issue is but they all give me a media force close, and one flash gave me acore. I even wiped and they were giving me trouble. Not sure what i'm doing wrong, they did it to me on SC and DB/DO. Could it be I'm running voodoo?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually used DridXcon's method and went strait to Super Clean 2.2 via ODIN. I had DL30 with SuperClean 1.0. Strange thing is all my apps reloaded themselves once the phone booted. I went to the market to get my apps and they were all downloading.

I was a little unsure why in one of the first steps you install update.zip to the sdcatd as you never use that file via this method.

The apps reloading is a feature of Froyo. You didn't need the update.zip for this method, but you will need it if you want to flash any themes, boot animations, or a new custom ROM you like better than the one you are running.

I assume (not sure) this method would be to use ODIN to flash the EB01 modem and then follow with CWM to load the rom.

One question thou is why are the files so different in size (~300 MB ODIN way and ~120-150 MB the CWM way)file).

I am very thankful to everyone that makes these custom roms. It does allow people like myself that do not have the know how to get our devices performing much better. I would like to learn how to make these roms and would be grateful if you or anyone else can point me in the right direction to learn how to do so.

Thanks

The files are so different in size because the packages because the cwm way is just the ROM, and the ODIN packages DroidXcon put together have the ROM, kernel, cwm, and update.zip file. I tip my hat to you for wanting to learn how to create ROMs. I do not have the know how and I am happy just knowing what I know and have learned here. Adrynalyne would be the main guy to talk with about that. There are others, but Adrynalyne is my main man. He is a little busy at the moment though working on bugs and problem solving. I don't know what your background is in terms of software development etc., but you may want to check with some of the advisers in this forum who would have a better understandng of your knowledge base. And make sure to hit the thanks button below as many posts by Adrynalyne, DroidXcon, and anyone who helps you. Adrynalyne and DroidXcon deserve special recognition for the work they have put in and the fine job they have done.

dark96

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
i like the touchwiz setup of the puzzle and lock screen and also the messaging, and i'm trying touch of blue, but the puzzle pieces arent changing over and are stock

flushd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Deodexed/Debloated version is Debinged as well? If so, does voice search work with long press of the search button?

Running Superclean 2.2 voodoo right now but would prefer just a debloated, debinged stock.

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Regarding Need For Speed, is it the market version or the version bought OTA? I can provide Need for Speed if needed.

Also...NFS is probably not gone. Check your /preinstall/app directory with Root explorer :D

Everyone that is missing need for speed is talking about the market version that was on sale for $0.99 cents back in December/January. The original price on that one was $4.99. For some reason, EA Pulled that version from the market and re listed it for $9.99. At this time the $9.99 version is on sale for $2.50. I would love to be able to get my $0.99 version back. If I look it up on my paid apps through the market website, if I try to buy it or download it, it says its not compatible with my phone (which I guess it just means its not available period!)

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Everyone that is missing need for speed is talking about the market version that was on sale for $0.99 cents back in December/January. The original price on that one was $4.99. For some reason, EA Pulled that version from the market and re listed it for $9.99. At this time the $9.99 version is on sale for $2.50. I would love to be able to get my $0.99 version back. If I look it up on my paid apps through the market website, if I try to buy it or download it, it says its not compatible with my phone (which I guess it just means its not available period!)

Yeah Im not sure what the deal is with that, but all Froyo versions are making it disappear from the market.

I'll play with some ideas. In the meantime...you could always take a trip down memory lane, install in eclair and abckup with Titanium.

I'd post the files, but I have no way of verifying legit owners, so I must pass.

wgilles

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
When doing the market cache/uninstall updates fix for the 2.2 market, when you say restart the market a couple times, do you mean open it, close from task manager, open it, close from task manager, etc?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Exactly why I will never buy an EA game for Android. Unfortunately, for things like NFL, I have no choice when it comes to consoles. But they'll never get my money in the Android Market.

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine was the same way when I first went to EB01, and others noticed the same thing. I am running a theme (touch of blue right now, but will probably switch) that has an accurate battery mod in it. It is a circular battery meter with the current battery percentage in the middle. Some of the EB01 compatible themes have different accurate battery mods. You can check them out in the theme thread. I believe there is also a link in the theme thread where you can download just battery mods
Thanks for this info. I actually found a battery mod and deBINGed browser mod over in the xda fourms. The battery is now consistent with the widget (which I no longer need because the percentage is now on the battery). Now I'm trying to figure out why my battery is dying so quickly with barely any use.

Just an FYI about the mods....

The battery mod, like I mentioned, is accurate and now has a percent indicator in the middle of the battery when it is plugged or unplugged.

The deBINGed browser mod has none of the Verizon bookmarks and Google is the homepage. It's supposed to have Google set as the default search engine but when I search in the address bar, it still goes to Bing. It's also supposed to have Google search set to the soft search key and it still goes back to Bing.

Just want to leave my little experience with those mods. You can find them here:

[MOD] EB01 accurate battery and deBinged browser UPDATED - xda-developers

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this info. I actually found a battery mod and deBINGed browser mod over in the xda fourms. The battery is now consistent with the widget (which I no longer need because the percentage is now on the battery). Now I'm trying to figure out why my battery is dying so quickly with barely any use.

Just an FYI about the mods....

The battery mod, like I mentioned, is accurate and now has a percent indicator in the middle of the battery when it is plugged or unplugged.

The deBINGed browser mod has none of the Verizon bookmarks and Google is the homepage. It's supposed to have Google set as the default search engine but when I search in the address bar, it still goes to Bing. It's also supposed to have Google search set to the soft search key and it still goes back to Bing.

Just want to leave my little experience with those mods. You can find them here:

[MOD] EB01 accurate battery and deBinged browser UPDATED - xda-developers

Thanks iLogikk. as far as you battery life goes this is the method that has worked for me:

Follow the battery life thread instructions about charging to 100%, power off and keep it charging til it hits 100% again, turn it back on, charge back to 100%.

Then power off, reset battery stats, and run your battery down to 5-7% off that single charge. Plug back in, and charge back to 100% (preferably with the phone off, like overnight).

There are also two methods in post #1 and post #12 here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/58334-how-battery.html

Reactions: iLogikk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can i do this from DL30? OR do i have to be coming DL09 or 05?

I came straight from DL30 superclean to EB01 superclean 2.0. Adrynalyne is up to version 2.4 of superclean. I have had no issues. Just have to make sure you back up your apps and contacts and do a wipe of data/cache/dalvik cache prior to flashing to EB01.

EDIT - DroidXcon has always been recommending flashing back to a stock DL09 before going to EB01. But like I said, I went from DL30 to EB01 with no problems.

beastonprowl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
connection delay in placing a call

Thank you for the neat ROM very happy with it .

I am having issue though. When i place a call the call only gets connected at 15th second or so( 14 too) . Before it used to get connected at 5th or 6 th second on the call timer screen . Is there any way i can go back to the 5 second setting ?

I am running one of the first deodexed/debloated version of the ROM's posted by you( Adrynalyne thank you for the ROM again)

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
forgive my ignorance as i am absolutly new to anything that is a smart phone, but i am game for anything better than what my Fascinate has now..

i do not understand ODIN.. i have downloaded all the files mentioned in a post near top of page by Adrynalyne..

but that is as far as i have got, i need any help and i will appreciate it..
i once moded a satelite site but that was a different ball game...
in here i am ignorant and have no idea where ODIN is or what to do with the downloads.. Yes i have read n read till i need debloating..i just need help..but i will wait for the debloated version.and be thankfull for it.. as long as i get a path to install it...thx to all and thx for my post being so long.. papa54

Status
Not open for further replies.