Poll: 16GB vs 32GB Edition

16GB or 32GB: Which and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cmahy

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Definitely 32GB. Constantly running out of space on my 16GB OneX - on the system partition. Quite annoying to need to shuffle apps around to other partitions & run cache cleaner frequently.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I can handle either, but the value is fine in either case IMO. It's still a much better deal than anything else on the market. I'll probably lean towards whatever's not sold out when I'm shopping.

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Imagine the dilemma if battery capacity is not specified on the Play Store at ordering time? To those considering the 16GB, what if come delivery time and those that ordered the 32GB are surprised to find a larger battery? Wouldn't that suck!

One other thing to consider... I haven't looked but has anyone seen on eBay if the Nexus 4 16GB has retained more resale value than the Nexus 4 8GB? I'm not saying that the Nexus 4 16GB isn't fetching more but is the difference more than $50 in the used market?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting a 32GB Nexus 5 (in a mad dash!), my SGS1 has 16GB and its a 3 year old phone, so I feel like I want a bump up from its storage. I want to have a few games, some music, lots of pics on it without having to worry about space running out. Also with my job in IT it could be a life saver having the extra space to through an .iso on it when need be. So I'm happy Google didn't stick with last year's storage layout, I know a lot of people were on the fence with buying the Nexus 5 waiting to see if it came in 32GB or not (I would have got 16GB if it was the largest again).

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would be torn if I were in the market for the Nexus 5. I have the Note 3 which has 32GB of internal storage and a 64GB micro SD card, but when I had the Nexus 4 I had the 16 GB model and never came close to using half that. Unless you keep a lot of apps on your phone, its pretty easy to live in the cloud.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
32gb nexus 5 for me, when I got the 16gb nexus 4 thought it was enough. But after a year I get uncomfortable with just a few gigs left. Heh

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking 16 gigs is good enough for me. I dont use it as a music player or anything. So I will just save some cash and get the 16 gigs most likely unless its an extra $20 or something then I might think about it. I will decide when the prices come out.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a 64gb HTC One X+ (att version). I will be picking up the 32gb Nexus 5 a couple weeks after release, cause I learned from other ppl to never buy the first batch to save heartache.

Sent from my HTC One X+

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll prob be going with the 16 GB. I don't really play game (use a nexus 10 for those) or take 1000s of pictures, and keep backups on a jump drive. Plus coming from Verizon I'll save the extra money to use to try out a few different pre-paid options.

Posted via Android Central App

watalee

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a note2 with 16g rom but I never used the rom more than 8g so that I do not care if it is above 16g or not.I will choose 8g nexus if it is much cheaper than 16g nexus

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress