10-12-2016 12:43 PM
978 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Which 3rd party? I bought mine from Wireless Lifestyles and have not exchanged yet. Did they insist on getting the accessories back?

Thanks

\
    It was Wireless View in Appleton Wi.
    Yes, they insisted I return all the accessories, Even the Earbuds which have been used. They took the new accessories out of the box to replace the ones I left at home.

Nice. real nice.
    09-21-2016 11:35 AM
    It was Wireless View in Appleton Wi.
    Yes, they insisted I return all the accessories, Even the Earbuds which have been used. They took the new accessories out of the box to replace the ones I left at home.

Nice. real nice.
    That is the exact opposite of my experience. I kept everything except the full sized USB adapter, the sim card slot pin, the manuals, and the extra stylus nubs. The manager of the corporate store pulled out the rest, wrapped the exchange paperwork around the phone, and shredded the box.
    09-21-2016 11:41 AM
    That is the exact opposite of my experience. I kept everything except the full sized USB adapter, the sim card slot pin, the manuals, and the extra stylus nubs. The manager of the corporate store pulled out the rest, wrapped the exchange paperwork around the phone, and shredded the box.
    I should have gone corporate. The 3rd party place is real close to my house. That's my excuse. LOL
    09-21-2016 11:52 AM
    09-21-2016 11:59 AM
    This will teach me to ever go to a third party store again.

The place was packed, and only two employees. No biggie. It happens.
    The guy who helped me was super nice. He should be commended for working for such a crappy place. I asked about switching colors and the guy said, "No problem". So I'm all excited, everything seems to be going smoother than I feared, so far.
    So as the coolest dude to work for Sprint was about to process the swap, manager in the corner cries out, "You can only do color for color. If you want a new color, you have to pay the 35 dollar restocking fee." Rather than engage in an argument in a crowded store, I internally suppress my ire and proceed to let those bastards take my money. On top of that, they charged me the taxes again for the phone, saying I would get it back on my card. Having extreme doubts, I walked out with my new Note 7...then immediately called Sprint CS the moment I got home, asking to be transferred to retention. The lady was super nice. I got my credit for the color change, but she wasn't able to confirm if my money for the phone tax would be put back on my card, or applied to my bill. This concerned me, because being on a budget, this could screw up my banking and cause me to have an overdraft fee if there aren't enough funds to cover my normal bills. She said she would escalate to their finance department or somethinglike that.

So, all in all, after an hour and 15 minutes in the store and another hour on the phone, I have a new Note 7.

Moral of the story...stay the away from third party stores.
    sometimes u get better deals from 3rd party stores....few years ago i worked for 2 different 3rd parties and we were able to do things that CORPORATE would never do for you....we would waive activation fees, throw in free accessories, and take money off the price of phones. Its all about which 3rd party you went to because i agree some are bad
    09-21-2016 12:25 PM
    it shouldnt be a problem to give them the new accessories out of the new box if you left the old ones at home. Is that really unfair of them to ask? When you exchange a device at a store you should RETURN EVERYTHING that came with it. Not some of it or half of it and if you dont then you shouldnt be upset when they take some of the stuff out the new box to replace the stuff you forgot. This stuff comes out of who ever did the return's paycheck. Not his fault your phone doesnt work.
    09-21-2016 12:30 PM
    it shouldnt be a problem to give them the new accessories out of the new box if you left the old ones at home. Is that really unfair of them to ask? When you exchange a device at a store you should RETURN EVERYTHING that came with it. Not some of it or half of it and if you dont then you shouldnt be upset when they take some of the stuff out the new box to replace the stuff you forgot. This stuff comes out of who ever did the return's paycheck. Not his fault your phone doesnt work.
    I would agree with you if there was some semblance of consistency, but as you can read on here, many people are allowed to walk out with an extra charger, S-pen. I say in light of the hassle of this whole situation, letting me keep a measly 25 dollar charger isn't going to kill someone's bottom line. I say all or nothing, not "we'll take all your accessories because we feel like it and who cares what the other store is doing". If it's mandated to give everything back, I am 1000 percent cool with that. But there are a LOT of people walking out with extra stuff. All or nothing.

Also, this same store when I exchanged my iPhone for the Note 7 last month, specifically told me they didn't need the iPhone charger. Now all of a sudden they need the Note 7 charger? As far as I know, it wasn't mandated by Samsung or Sprint. See what I mean? No consistency. Not only between stores and carriers, but the same store??? this whole situation is unreal, but somehow it doesn't really surprise me. LOL
    09-21-2016 12:41 PM
    Well just talked to the guy who sold me my note 7. He said they are expecting a big shipment by the end of the week and to call back today at 2 to see if they got them in
    09-21-2016 12:50 PM
    This is one of the advantages of going with the Advance Exchange through the mail. All Sprint will get from me is the Note 7 sans the S-pen in the return mail. They never want anything other than the phone and the envelope they sent isn't big enough for anything other than the phone. And they send a brand new sealed box to you with all of the items within. And the biggest plus for me is that I can take my time changing over between the devices and activating the new one. They allow 10 days to return the defective device.
    rdcrds and Rustler5150 like this.
    09-21-2016 12:59 PM
    All of the Sprint Stores in my area are out of stock on the replacement Note 7 devices. One sprint store told me they were "sold out." When I inquired about the "sold" portion, he indicated that yes, they are SELLING the Note 7 to customers that walk in, not holding them to those of us who need replacements. He indicated that ALL the stores are in fact selling them! I'm on the phone with customer service now to report the store and try to get an alternative! Of course the first person suggested I could exchange it for an iPhone.....Really?
    09-21-2016 03:52 PM
    I would agree with you if there was some semblance of consistency, but as you can read on here, many people are allowed to walk out with an extra charger, S-pen. I say in light of the hassle of this whole situation, letting me keep a measly 25 dollar charger isn't going to kill someone's bottom line. I say all or nothing, not "we'll take all your accessories because we feel like it and who cares what the other store is doing". If it's mandated to give everything back, I am 1000 percent cool with that. But there are a LOT of people walking out with extra stuff. All or nothing.

Also, this same store when I exchanged my iPhone for the Note 7 last month, specifically told me they didn't need the iPhone charger. Now all of a sudden they need the Note 7 charger? As far as I know, it wasn't mandated by Samsung or Sprint. See what I mean? No consistency. Not only between stores and carriers, but the same store??? this whole situation is unreal, but somehow it doesn't really surprise me. LOL
    If everybody jumped off of a bridge would you?
    09-21-2016 03:55 PM
    All of the Sprint Stores in my area are out of stock on the replacement Note 7 devices. One sprint store told me they were "sold out." When I inquired about the "sold" portion, he indicated that yes, they are SELLING the Note 7 to customers that walk in, not holding them to those of us who need replacements. He indicated that ALL the stores are in fact selling them! I'm on the phone with customer service now to report the store and try to get an alternative! Of course the first person suggested I could exchange it for an iPhone.....Really?
    Even though I have mine hearing that makes me mad! What they are doing is in fact illegal because the stores are not suppose to sell them till next month. The phones they have now are suppose to be for exchanges.
    09-21-2016 03:58 PM
    Finally was able to get my note 7 blue coral from a corporate store in metro Atlanta GA. I already called and cancelled the advanced exchange.

I also have the green battery. I had to give them all my accessories and the box or it was no go to get the phone. It only took me about 6 hours to find a store with a phone and would allow me to exchange. There is a black square on the box to denote the change

Now hopefully this mess is over with. back to setting up my non explosive blue note 7
    09-21-2016 04:00 PM
    If everybody jumped off of a bridge would you?
    If it was coordinated like the Note 7 recall, with an uncertainty of which bridge to jump off, how high it should be, if you should dive or jump in feet first, probably not.

How about you, Champ?
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-21-2016 04:15 PM
    Finally was able to get my note 7 blue coral from a corporate store in metro Atlanta GA. I already called and cancelled the advanced exchange.

I also have the green battery. I had to give them all my accessories and the box or it was no go to get the phone. It only took me about 6 hours to find a store with a phone and would allow me to exchange. There is a black square on the box to denote the change

Now hopefully this mess is over with. back to setting up my non explosive blue note 7
    I have a chat transcript that says Spring and Samsung DO NOT REQUIRE ANYTHING BUT THE PHONE. Period. They can not require you to return the accessories. They really can't. Samsung doesn't want them, and it's THEIR recall.
    09-21-2016 04:29 PM
    I went today and did my exchange. I only walked in with the phone; so I come home with the box and have an extra charger, adapter, headphone, you name it.

I'm debating on if I need to call Sprint customer service because of how mangled the recall process is at my corporate store. The manager didn't seem to know what was going on. I already paid an activation fee for the first N7, why do I need to pay another one, if you're just replacing the phone? Then there was another $89 charge that they were trying to hang on me which I couldn't understand. I was of a mind to stick around and argue it out, but I was already running late for a conference call at work and figured I'd just call customer service later.
    09-21-2016 05:12 PM
    I went today and did my exchange. I only walked in with the phone; so I come home with the box and have an extra charger, adapter, headphone, you name it.

I'm debating on if I need to call Sprint customer service because of how mangled the recall process is at my corporate store. The manager didn't seem to know what was going on. I already paid an activation fee for the first N7, why do I need to pay another one, if you're just replacing the phone? Then there was another $89 charge that they were trying to hang on me which I couldn't understand. I was of a mind to stick around and argue it out, but I was already running late for a conference call at work and figured I'd just call customer service later.
    Got the same thing...the manager I worked with went out of his way to make sure the couple of us that were in there getting replacements were managed first (in front of other people...even the ones there for new devices). Told us not to bother handing in power cables or accessories, made sure to check each device for Sd cards and them tool out sPens and handed them back to all of us.
    09-21-2016 05:15 PM
    I find it strange that people are having problems exchanging their phones at sprint stores. I bought mine from best buy and they still swapped mine out.
    09-21-2016 05:16 PM
    I only have 1 corporate store in my area. All the other sprint locations won't swap online purchases. My corporate store put me on a waiting list but I called today and they said they're out of stock. I'm a little disappointed :/

edit: and now my phone wants me to install the "let me remind you to swap your phone" update. Not like i'm not trying....
    09-21-2016 05:47 PM
    I find it strange that people are having problems exchanging their phones at sprint stores. I bought mine from best buy and they still swapped mine out.
    I have called all 3 stores in my area, 2 of them corporate and still nothing, I've been calling for over a week. I have an order in with AET and still no tracking number,that's been over a week now too. I'm still using my original note 7. This is beyond ridiculous. I don't know what we're supposed to do at this point wait forever until the hoopla dies down?
    09-21-2016 05:47 PM
    Exchange for a refund or a new one if they come up.

I don't trust this supcase I got on my Edge that much. My Defender is supposed to be here tomorrow!
    The defender Case for this phone is getting massacred on Amazon reviews.....Doesnt look like they did a good job on this Case for the note 7....Usually they are praised
    09-21-2016 06:59 PM
    Yes I know the Otterbox cases have been bad for this phone. I bought the symmetry clear case and the button for the power button was defective. It wouldn't work right. I had to cut off the section so I could use the power button. Never again....
    Rustler5150 likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:16 PM
    Just canceled my order for the defender , had that case on my note 4 for 2 years it was pristine when I sold it
    09-21-2016 07:23 PM
    Yes I know the Otterbox cases have been bad for this phone. I bought the symmetry clear case and the button for the power button was defective. It wouldn't work right. I had to cut off the section so I could use the power button. Never again....
    Sorry to hear that! I've had the clear Symmetry on mine since August 19th and i love it. All the buttons work perfect and i really like being able to see the coral blue goodness.
    09-21-2016 07:33 PM
    Is the 14 day return good on the second edition note 7. I EXCHANGED a blue 7 for a temp black s7 edge then exchanged temp phone for second edition note 7 but they only had it in silver. Can I exchange the Silver note 7 for a blue note 7 within the 14 days. Thanks
    09-21-2016 07:35 PM
978 ... 2425262728 ...