Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
so i just made an appointment and reserved a new note 7 to be picked up tomorrow. hopefully when i get there they dont give me an issue and give me some excuse as to why i cant get it.

Matt Gatewood

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Which 3rd party? I bought mine from Wireless Lifestyles and have not exchanged yet. Did they insist on getting the accessories back?

Thanks

\
This will teach me to ever go to a third party store again.

The place was packed, and only two employees. No biggie. It happens.
The guy who helped me was super nice. He should be commended for working for such a crappy place. I asked about switching colors and the guy said, "No problem". So I'm all excited, everything seems to be going smoother than I feared, so far.
So as the coolest dude to work for Sprint was about to process the swap, manager in the corner cries out, "You can only do color for color. If you want a new color, you have to pay the 35 dollar restocking fee." Rather than engage in an argument in a crowded store, I internally suppress my ire and proceed to let those bastards take my money. On top of that, they charged me the taxes again for the phone, saying I would get it back on my card. Having extreme doubts, I walked out with my new Note 7...then immediately called Sprint CS the moment I got home, asking to be transferred to retention. The lady was super nice. I got my credit for the color change, but she wasn't able to confirm if my money for the phone tax would be put back on my card, or applied to my bill. This concerned me, because being on a budget, this could screw up my banking and cause me to have an overdraft fee if there aren't enough funds to cover my normal bills. She said she would escalate to their finance department or somethinglike that.

So, all in all, after an hour and 15 minutes in the store and another hour on the phone, I have a new Note 7.

Moral of the story...stay the away from third party stores.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
So today is THE day that the 'new' Note 7's were to be in the stores for swap. Hah! No. I've been calling the local corporate store for a week and today again I was told they got 6 in on Monday and they went immediately. Funny because I called them on Monday and they refused to switch out mine since I bought in on Sprint.com. So now they're expecting a delivery next week, sometime. I'm also still waiting for a tracking number from the AET (they told me if I could find one locally to swap that was fine I could cancel the order) it's supposed to come today but maybe not until next week or so. If I don't have a new Note 7 by the end of this week, I'm going to keep this one, I'm tired of the runaround and lies. I'm just about done.

DKinMN

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Sprint told me that any corporate store should swap phones. I have a chat transcript.

I don't know if I believe it, but that's what they said. I asked them to please repeat it, saved the chat.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Sprint told me that any corporate store should swap phones. I have a chat transcript.

I don't know if I believe it, but that's what they said. I asked them to please repeat it, saved the chat.
That's great if the stores had any phones. Today was the big day, for all those who hoped to get theirs early, today was the failsafe day. The day the CPSC and Samsung agreed to, together. And so far I've called 3 local stores and no one had them, maybe next week they all said. So now what? I'm getting the feeling that this isn't so urgent after all. 😞

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Which 3rd party? I bought mine from Wireless Lifestyles and have not exchanged yet. Did they insist on getting the accessories back?

Thanks

\

It was Wireless View in Appleton Wi.
Yes, they insisted I return all the accessories, Even the Earbuds which have been used. They took the new accessories out of the box to replace the ones I left at home.

Nice. real nice.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It was Wireless View in Appleton Wi.
Yes, they insisted I return all the accessories, Even the Earbuds which have been used. They took the new accessories out of the box to replace the ones I left at home.

Nice. real nice.

That is the exact opposite of my experience. I kept everything except the full sized USB adapter, the sim card slot pin, the manuals, and the extra stylus nubs. The manager of the corporate store pulled out the rest, wrapped the exchange paperwork around the phone, and shredded the box.

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
That is the exact opposite of my experience. I kept everything except the full sized USB adapter, the sim card slot pin, the manuals, and the extra stylus nubs. The manager of the corporate store pulled out the rest, wrapped the exchange paperwork around the phone, and shredded the box.

I should have gone corporate. The 3rd party place is real close to my house. That's my excuse. LOL

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
8f8c866ca04bf7825a8d9b0f73d49c99.jpg

Azar M

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
This will teach me to ever go to a third party store again.

The place was packed, and only two employees. No biggie. It happens.
The guy who helped me was super nice. He should be commended for working for such a crappy place. I asked about switching colors and the guy said, "No problem". So I'm all excited, everything seems to be going smoother than I feared, so far.
So as the coolest dude to work for Sprint was about to process the swap, manager in the corner cries out, "You can only do color for color. If you want a new color, you have to pay the 35 dollar restocking fee." Rather than engage in an argument in a crowded store, I internally suppress my ire and proceed to let those bastards take my money. On top of that, they charged me the taxes again for the phone, saying I would get it back on my card. Having extreme doubts, I walked out with my new Note 7...then immediately called Sprint CS the moment I got home, asking to be transferred to retention. The lady was super nice. I got my credit for the color change, but she wasn't able to confirm if my money for the phone tax would be put back on my card, or applied to my bill. This concerned me, because being on a budget, this could screw up my banking and cause me to have an overdraft fee if there aren't enough funds to cover my normal bills. She said she would escalate to their finance department or somethinglike that.

So, all in all, after an hour and 15 minutes in the store and another hour on the phone, I have a new Note 7.

Moral of the story...stay the away from third party stores.

sometimes u get better deals from 3rd party stores....few years ago i worked for 2 different 3rd parties and we were able to do things that CORPORATE would never do for you....we would waive activation fees, throw in free accessories, and take money off the price of phones. Its all about which 3rd party you went to because i agree some are bad

Azar M

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
it shouldnt be a problem to give them the new accessories out of the new box if you left the old ones at home. Is that really unfair of them to ask? When you exchange a device at a store you should RETURN EVERYTHING that came with it. Not some of it or half of it and if you dont then you shouldnt be upset when they take some of the stuff out the new box to replace the stuff you forgot. This stuff comes out of who ever did the return's paycheck. Not his fault your phone doesnt work.

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
it shouldnt be a problem to give them the new accessories out of the new box if you left the old ones at home. Is that really unfair of them to ask? When you exchange a device at a store you should RETURN EVERYTHING that came with it. Not some of it or half of it and if you dont then you shouldnt be upset when they take some of the stuff out the new box to replace the stuff you forgot. This stuff comes out of who ever did the return's paycheck. Not his fault your phone doesnt work.

I would agree with you if there was some semblance of consistency, but as you can read on here, many people are allowed to walk out with an extra charger, S-pen. I say in light of the hassle of this whole situation, letting me keep a measly 25 dollar charger isn't going to kill someone's bottom line. I say all or nothing, not "we'll take all your accessories because we feel like it and who cares what the other store is doing". If it's mandated to give everything back, I am 1000 percent cool with that. But there are a LOT of people walking out with extra stuff. All or nothing.

Also, this same store when I exchanged my iPhone for the Note 7 last month, specifically told me they didn't need the iPhone charger. Now all of a sudden they need the Note 7 charger? As far as I know, it wasn't mandated by Samsung or Sprint. See what I mean? No consistency. Not only between stores and carriers, but the same store??? this whole situation is unreal, but somehow it doesn't really surprise me. LOL

Last edited:

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Well just talked to the guy who sold me my note 7. He said they are expecting a big shipment by the end of the week and to call back today at 2 to see if they got them in

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the advantages of going with the Advance Exchange through the mail. All Sprint will get from me is the Note 7 sans the S-pen in the return mail. They never want anything other than the phone and the envelope they sent isn't big enough for anything other than the phone. And they send a brand new sealed box to you with all of the items within. And the biggest plus for me is that I can take my time changing over between the devices and activating the new one. They allow 10 days to return the defective device.

johall15

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
All of the Sprint Stores in my area are out of stock on the replacement Note 7 devices. One sprint store told me they were "sold out." When I inquired about the "sold" portion, he indicated that yes, they are SELLING the Note 7 to customers that walk in, not holding them to those of us who need replacements. He indicated that ALL the stores are in fact selling them! I'm on the phone with customer service now to report the store and try to get an alternative! Of course the first person suggested I could exchange it for an iPhone.....Really?

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I would agree with you if there was some semblance of consistency, but as you can read on here, many people are allowed to walk out with an extra charger, S-pen. I say in light of the hassle of this whole situation, letting me keep a measly 25 dollar charger isn't going to kill someone's bottom line. I say all or nothing, not "we'll take all your accessories because we feel like it and who cares what the other store is doing". If it's mandated to give everything back, I am 1000 percent cool with that. But there are a LOT of people walking out with extra stuff. All or nothing.

Also, this same store when I exchanged my iPhone for the Note 7 last month, specifically told me they didn't need the iPhone charger. Now all of a sudden they need the Note 7 charger? As far as I know, it wasn't mandated by Samsung or Sprint. See what I mean? No consistency. Not only between stores and carriers, but the same store??? this whole situation is unreal, but somehow it doesn't really surprise me. LOL
If everybody jumped off of a bridge would you?

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
All of the Sprint Stores in my area are out of stock on the replacement Note 7 devices. One sprint store told me they were "sold out." When I inquired about the "sold" portion, he indicated that yes, they are SELLING the Note 7 to customers that walk in, not holding them to those of us who need replacements. He indicated that ALL the stores are in fact selling them! I'm on the phone with customer service now to report the store and try to get an alternative! Of course the first person suggested I could exchange it for an iPhone.....Really?

Even though I have mine hearing that makes me mad! What they are doing is in fact illegal because the stores are not suppose to sell them till next month. The phones they have now are suppose to be for exchanges.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Finally was able to get my note 7 blue coral from a corporate store in metro Atlanta GA. I already called and cancelled the advanced exchange.

I also have the green battery. I had to give them all my accessories and the box or it was no go to get the phone. It only took me about 6 hours to find a store with a phone and would allow me to exchange. There is a black square on the box to denote the change

Now hopefully this mess is over with. back to setting up my non explosive blue note 7

DKinMN

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Finally was able to get my note 7 blue coral from a corporate store in metro Atlanta GA. I already called and cancelled the advanced exchange.

I also have the green battery. I had to give them all my accessories and the box or it was no go to get the phone. It only took me about 6 hours to find a store with a phone and would allow me to exchange. There is a black square on the box to denote the change

Now hopefully this mess is over with. back to setting up my non explosive blue note 7

I have a chat transcript that says Spring and Samsung DO NOT REQUIRE ANYTHING BUT THE PHONE. Period. They can not require you to return the accessories. They really can't. Samsung doesn't want them, and it's THEIR recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.