Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Although the Sprint phones were built in China, only the phones built FOR the Chinese market have the ATL batteries instead of the SDI batteries.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Well... I went to my Sprint Store today (in Ft Worth, TX) and was able to return my Note7 for a full refund with my upgrade reinstated. I then reactivated my G3. I will wait this mess out and then purchase a new phone. Adios Amigos!

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Went to Sprint corporate store around Minneapolis today. They were more than willing to take my Note 7, and give me a S7 Edge. However, they are NOT "loaners" per se. They will give you the S7E, and you can trade it back in when the new Note 7 arrives. BUT if you damage the S7...you break it, you bought it. I decided to wait a couple of days to see how this shapes up. I have an old S3 that I can pull out and use for a few weeks if need be. I'm not going to just return the Note 7 because once you've done that (unless you take the S7 deal I just described) you are no longer on the priority list to get a new Note 7. Those that are exchanging (includes aforementioned S7) their Note 7 for a new Note 7 will be getting any/all stock before they are offered for sale.

...Well, according to 2 Sprint stores and the people I spoke to when I called CS.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
So how do we get the gear VR since we all mostly got this from sprint. You know asking sprint would be a brick wall. Maybe call Samsung? Ive called them a few times and got right to someone. But if they're going to give it free to people who ordered from them also the people who got them from sprint should also.

note7s7edge

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
So I went to my local sprint store to return N7 and get s7edge as a loaner. The employees were cluless about the process and called someone higher up. Eventually they said I could. They said it will process as an upgrade so I would need to pay the taxes and upgrade fees worth around 76 dollars, but they will credit it back later.
Is this how it works or have I been duped ?
(This is the third time I am posting this, apologies, if all three ends up showing, but the post kept disappearing)

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
You can get an S7 or S7E from Sprint. However, these are NOT loaner phones. You're basically switching to the S7 or S7E. Once the new Note 7 devices arrive, you can swap out the S7 or S7E for the new Note 7. However, you are responsible for the S7/S7E. If you break it, you bought it. There has also been some concern about re-stocking fees for the S7/S7E. But I'm pretty sure that will be resolved.

mediaseth

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I'll only trade in my Note7 for a corrected Note7. However, I'm afraid to call or visit the store in case they try to pry the recalled phone from my hands. :)

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'll only trade in my Note7 for a corrected Note7. However, I'm afraid to call or visit the store in case they try to pry the recalled phone from my hands. :)
I'm going to call when I hear a official statement that they have them or when this forum goes crazy that they have them lol....Then they can have my device

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
OMG what a waste of time. I decided to call into account services and ask maybe i can get a loaner free? or put on a list to have 1 shipped to me right away when they come in and send mine back to them and not have to deal with the sprint store. THE LADY DID NOT KNOW THE NOTE 7 WAS RE CALLED!! Now this is account services the place of last resort when you want to cancel your service cause you are not happy and i wasted like 15 minutes on hold then 15 more with her just trying to hang up after i explained the Note 7 was recalled and why etc etc. I still hguess ill hold mine till they get a new 1 in but i was hoping for some free stuff for all this hassle.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is the proper thread but I need to confirm that such a promotion existed.

On August 19th, sprint had a promotion on their homepage stating that if you bought a new note 7 and opened a new line that you could get an s7 or s7 edge for free. I wanted to take advantage of this so on the 21st I called and got promotions. The lady told me that she could set everything up and get the order in. Sprint has just informed me, today, that the 21st was outside that promotion and that the phone isn't free and was added to my monthly installments bill! Am I crazy or was the promotion just for 2 days only?!

I took advantage of this promotion. I live in the Dallas, Ft..Worth area. I was able to get a Note 7, and S7Edge on August 26.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I took advantage of this promotion. I live in the Dallas, Ft..Worth area. I was able to get a Note 7, and S7Edge on August 26.
Don't you have to open a second line with that promo? I opted for the memory card instead.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Same thing here.

So I went to my local sprint store to return N7 and get s7edge as a loaner. The employees were cluless about the process and called someone higher up. Eventually they said I could. They said it will process as an upgrade so I would need to pay the taxes and upgrade fees worth around 76 dollars, but they will credit it back later.
Is this how it works or have I been duped ?
(This is the third time I am posting this, apologies, if all three ends up showing, but the post kept disappearing)

note7s7edge

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Same thing here.
Thanks.
I am a bit confused. Will they credit it back once you return your s7edge to get back the Note 7 or they will credit it back earlier ? The employes at the store are as clueless as I am.
[
I went sprint corporate store and they can't tell me anything because I happened to get my note 7 from a "not genuine" sprint store (adcom digital third party authorized dealers) , but how would I know? It looked like a sprint store with the logos and all.
]

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.
I am a bit confused. Will they credit it back once you return your s7edge to get back the Note 7 or they will credit it back earlier ? The employes at the store are as clueless as I am.
[
I went sprint corporate store and they can't tell me anything because I happened to get my note 7 from a "not genuine" sprint store (adcom digital third party authorized dealers) , but how would I know? It looked like a sprint store with the logos and all.
]

Couple of options on location. First, you can call Sprint CS and ask for a store that will accept telesales and web returns. Second, you can go to sprint.com, search for locations near you, and find a location that accepts telesales and web returns. The functions of the store are bold on the right side of the store info. As for the phones, according to 2 corporate stores near me, you can get the S7/S7E. But it's not a "loaner", per se. They'll process the return of the Note 7 (even if you want to exchange for a new one when avail.), they will then issue you a S7/S7E. It will be your phone, and as long as you do not damage it, you can return it as well when the new note 7 arrives, and they will issue you a new Note 7. Realize, the S7/S7E is your phone...ypu break it, you bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38