Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The bottom line is this: there is obviously no set PROTOCOL on how these phones are getting replaced. I went to a corporate store and attempted to replace it and the OTM tool on the computer was jacked up, thus not allowing me to swap out. The same for a customer behind me and TWO Androidites here.

Some folks are posting as if their experience is set in gold and that simply is not the case. Between the store and Sprint CS, NEITHER knew what the other was doing nor had any answers. Or the answers contradicted each other. All I ask Admin is that the folks who have actually received a replacement; don't automatically ASSUME that someone elses experience was the same as theirs. While I'm still functioning fine off my original, there are others who desperately need or want this phone.

So even with the time out you still are going to go on about this like what you said is right. Look you said Corp stores WILL NOT replace them when in fact!! they will and are supposed to unless you go to some wacked out store. But you seem to want to keep going on about it even after the mods asked for it to cool down. But those others who need a phone badly are getting them from the Corp stores 99% of time without a problem. And also FACT! Sprint even said to call in and report any corp store that will not exchange it. I think that store is either a non corp stores or the phones were bought at a different store and if that is the case they need to go back there. But if you even called *2 back when they started this the recording even stated take them back to corp stores if you bought online. If they were bought at a different sprint store they need to go back there.

Lastly i do not understand the problem. I took a Note 7 back to a corp store and they took it back when i wanted to exchange it for another one before the recall and they had 0 problems. So the only problem here was your 1st statement that since you had a bad experience that nobody should return it to a store and only call into sprint when in fact 100's in this thread have had no problem at all taking them back. Now please drop it.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just ordered mine online. The store is a pain in butt... It took 10 min literally like everyone said. The rep said her blood pressure was high because stores were denying people!! Thanks for the info.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just swapped mine tonight. It took 2.5 hours, but the guy got it done. It was definitely a process because I didn't buy it there. The guy helping me wasn't even a manager, but he went the extra mile to make it happen. There wasn't even a manager in the store, so it was even harder. Sprint really needs to get their stuff together on this process if they're going to force online orders to go to a store to swap.

yup like 100's of others take it to a corp store if you want it fast order from advanced exchange team if you do not have to wait because it might take 3 weeks even if your order did go in does not mean it is shipped.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my Note 7 from Sprint online, and exchanged it this morning (11:30am) for a new one. I got mine from the Corporate store in Maple Grove MN. For those interested, they also have them at the corporate store in Minnetonka. You must go to a corporate store to do the exchange. Go to Sprint.com, and use their store locator. Corporate stores are designated on the map with a star.

Yup you must go to a corp store when some people think just because it says sprint it is a corp store when they're not. It is easy just isolated bad cases.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I orderrd mine through the phone and got mine exchanged at the store. They had to do some extra leg work but got it done.

Yup like 99% of the other people just go in and exchange it. If you hate going into the CORP store like me then call up Advanced exchange team but be ready that it might take a few weeks even if you get confirmation like i did days ago. I do not mind waiting so that is why i got my from them rather then going to the CORP store.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Not a problem bro. Some people would have you think I was telling tall tails or something. Glad you got your phone on the way. 😉
Thanks again! 😎👍👊
I'm really relieved that i don't have to deal with a circus side show and incompetent employees to do the exchange. I don't have time to spend hours in a crazy store while they try and get it sorted out. I'm also stoked that i get to swap data and such at my leisure.

Last edited:

Bigriggy63

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You were fortunate. My sprint store took the phone, and my box...and asked me for the accessories. I explained that I was told that I only needed the phone and box; Manager at the store told me thats fine, but I'm keeping the other accessories from the new unit. Samsung wants the phone and all of the accessories at time of trade.... sounds like some slick Willy sh$t; but I needed to exchange the ticking time bomb.....

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You were fortunate. My sprint store took the phone, and my box...and asked me for the accessories. I explained that I was told that I only needed the phone and box; Manager at the store told me thats fine, but I'm keeping the other accessories from the new unit. Samsung wants the phone and all of the accessories at time of trade.... sounds like some slick Willy sh$t; but I needed to exchange the ticking time bomb.....
Wow he prob keeping for himself.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Things seemed ok at first. But when this whole situation happened with the Note 7 things went downhill. I went to Sprint that day when the announcement was made in Korea with the recall. They were suppose to lend out phones for people to use in the meantime while we wait for the replacements. They said No and that I could either keep using the Note 7 till the replacements come or get a different phone. I argued with them saying that Samsung specifically said that carriers were to lend out phones. So I kept using mine. Then this past weekend on Saturday I went to bring the phone in and to just wait till the replacements come in. They said that I couldn't just bring it in unless I do a exchange for a different phone or just turn the Note 7 off and keep it in the box and wait till the replacements come. I'm like WTF... Then two reps said that they have the new stock of the phones but corp said they can't do the exchanges till Monday 19th. And that part of the stock will be divided so they could sell some. WHAT!? Number one they aren't suppose to start selling the phones till next month and that the phones are suppose to go to the first adopters that had the phone previously... Sunday I find out that other Sprint stores were doing the exchanges and people were getting the phones. Yet my store refused to do anything till Monday. The whole thing is nuts. Plus the online site has them up for sell and that people can even reserve one. WTF... Again they are not suppose to sell them. At least till people can do the exchanges first. Sprint is setting themselves up for lawsuits from Samsung and customers. Big time... Yes I was able to get a replacement. I had gotten the last blue one. Not sure about the other colors. But trying to get it was a hassle especially since I was suppose to get it when I was there on Saturday when they had them in stock... PS There was no set date to start doing the exchanges for the USA only in Korea... And I was charged the activation fee and the rep said that it would be credited or taken off the bill next month. I also didn't get the $25.00 credit... It was the worst experience I ever had. And this was at a corp store... So yes I have to agree that the corp stores were refusing and rejecting the customers. And my store had them for a few days now...

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So even with the time out you still are going to go on about this like what you said is right. Look you said Corp stores WILL NOT replace them when in fact!! they will and are supposed to unless you go to some wacked out store. But you seem to want to keep going on about it even after the mods asked for it to cool down. But those others who need a phone badly are getting them from the Corp stores 99% of time without a problem. And also FACT! Sprint even said to call in and report any corp store that will not exchange it. I think that store is either a non corp stores or the phones were bought at a different store and if that is the case they need to go back there. But if you even called *2 back when they started this the recording even stated take them back to corp stores if you bought online. If they were bought at a different sprint store they need to go back there.

Lastly i do not understand the problem. I took a Note 7 back to a corp store and they took it back when i wanted to exchange it for another one before the recall and they had 0 problems. So the only problem here was your 1st statement that since you had a bad experience that nobody should return it to a store and only call into sprint when in fact 100's in this thread have had no problem at all taking them back. Now please drop it.

I wasn't even talking to you. Moving on....

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
how did you guys get your $25 credit? the sales rep at the store had no idea what i was talking about.
I was told the credit would show up on my bill. We'll see I guess, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen. $25 is kind of a slap in the face for the bs I had to go through yesterday.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was told the credit would show up on my bill. We'll see I guess, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen. $25 is kind of a slap in the face for the bs I had to go through yesterday.

Ended up chatting with sprint around 2am and told them never got the $25 samsung/sprint credit. Agent added it right away. then i requested for a $30 credit for the activation fee i paid for last month.
dorothy is the O.G LOL.
I'm a happy camper. got my replacement note. some extra accessories (that came with new phone), walked out the sprint store with the new LG Tone Platnimum to replace my infinims.

Dorothy C : I will get this credit applied to your account
Dorothy C : You will see this credit on your next bill .
Dorothy C : A note has been added to your account to capture the details of our conversation for other individuals to reference when they access your account.
You : thank you.
Dorothy C : You're welcome anytime
Dorothy C : If you require assistance in the future, please don?t hesitate to chat with us again.
You : and not to sound like a b*** but i also want the $30 activation fee i paid last month credited back to me. the $25 is from samsung technically. and the $30 i paid to sprint. i had to call CS multiple time to find out about note 7 and yesterday i called 5 different sprint stores. one got all my info then told me they weren't doing exchanges even though i know for a fact they had the note 7. another told me they wont do exchanges till the 21st even though they had the phone. 3rd one told me they didnt have phone period. 4th one didnt have my color note 7
You : i had to drive 8miles out side of the 4 nearest stores to me just to pick up the note7
Dorothy C : Please allow me a moment to go through this once
Dorothy C : Thanks for your patience.
Dorothy C : I am sorry for the inconveniece caused to you .
Dorothy C : The activation fee will be waived off from your account .
You : thank you dorothy
Dorothy C : You can be assured and also take this chat as a confirmation .

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Kind of shocked that we haven't gotten shipping notices (for those that went that route)...
Me too! There is no reason we shouldn't have a tracking number by now. I called Sprint yesterday, not the AET, and was told they should ship on Weds for delivery on Friday, this is after being on hold for over an hour. But that could just be BS. This entire saga is such a fiasco I don't even know where to begin. Is anyone in charge at Sprint?!

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
When I picked up my new one, the guy at the Sprint store asked me if I wanted anything out of the old box. I already had kept the charger and one of the adapters, but asked if I could keep the stylus. He was fine with that. Good thing. Last night I realized my new stylus has a button that does not always pop out. I'm just switching to the old, and not bothering to have the new one replaced.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Odered thur the advanced team , still using my old note that never bothered me until now that the replacements out and there is no reason to take a chance now.
Hope this thing ships today, really dont want to deal with corp after a hards days work have better things to do.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I picked up my new one, the guy at the Sprint store asked me if I wanted anything out of the old box. I already had kept the charger and one of the adapters, but asked if I could keep the stylus. He was fine with that. Good thing. Last night I realized my new stylus has a button that does not always pop out. I'm just switching to the old, and not bothering to have the new one replaced.
Cool agent.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AET. They aren't seeing any tracking numbers yet, but the rep said they are expected to ship out tomorrow and we should have them by the end of the week. I told him about others having problems at corporate stores and he said that if anyone has an issue with a brick and mortar store that they should call 888 211 4727. That also goes for any store selling the phones outright without being an exchange. He said they were absolutely not supposed to be selling any Note 7 until the 28th. He also said they have no problem with people calling day to day checking on their replacements shipping status. They just want to get the phones back and the new ones out as soon as possible. He said they also suspended the 30 mile rule for the recall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.