Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Huh? what is a expext? and why would it be a fiasco? i just made a statement while i was on hold. And i have been with sprint for 16 years and i do know a lot more then many but move along.

Pretty sure they meant expect.

If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!
Thanks!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Huh? what is a expext? and why would it be a fiasco? i just made a statement while i was on hold. And i have been with sprint for 16 years and i do know a lot more then many but move along.
Expext is my missed spelling on the keyboard (expect ), the reason I say fiasco is not nessasarly for me, but for all the confussion of not such a smooth transactions to change phones.
I also have been with sprint a long time before LTE back in the 3g days , I once bought a phone with sprint with them promising 4g/lte at my house in the next year , needless to say that dident happen but im still faithful to Sprint this day.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Why are you so hostile towards people that have opinions that differ from yours? It's OBVIOUS the person meant EXPECT. And I have been with Sprint for 18 years (before the Nextel merger). Next?

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I spoke with Carey in tech support in regards to the rude service at my corporate store while attempting to exchange my recalled note 7 the first time. I was told i shouldn't have an issue, he checked stock for me and then made the appointment for me. So i went there and they are trying to claim they don't have any, when in fact I verified that they did by phone just 15 minutes prior again before entering the store. I was told that if i encounter issues to contact the customer service team lead by email which he gave me and I have now done. The store is #232 in Brooklyn, NY. It is blatantly obvious this manger is lying that they dont have note 7's, i heard the tech guy say they had 2 in Silver (which is the color i have) and then this rude manager (Buck) comes over and says they have none. I had an appointment for 4:30, after he came to me he literally tried to brush me off and say they had none, when I told him they did and corporate left notes on my account for this store to do the exchange he refused to even pull up my account information, he said he was with another customer, which there was no one else around. So i said i will wait til he is done, while waiting a random couple came in asking about the iphone, he then proceeded to ask them which internal mem size, etc. Total bs. After all that he came over to the counter I was waiting at and literally told the cashier to refund me my money for my note7. Like wtf? I am a store manager for another retailer, if any of my managers or associates did that they would be fired on the spot. In what customer service world is that acceptable? I then went off on him in the middle of the store and embarrassed him for being so unprofessional and brushing me off and then after 20+ minutes and telling him how ridiculous he was being, he finally went into my account and read the notes. Then he proceeded to keep going with his lie that the note7 they had just 15 minutes before i got there was gone, yet nobody walked out with one (We all know there is no way a note7 was sold and activated in that time). I then told him i can literally reserve one in his store via the sprint website for pick up in an hour right now, he was like then show me, so i did, then he tried saying that those were the ones returned, i again called bs on that saying they would never take recalled phones and place them in your inventory for stock, at that point he knew he was caught in a lie and said I'm not dealing with you anymore, call corporate again. Unacceptable. I did call corporate again and reported that scum bag, I also told them if I have to go into a sprint store again, it will be to return the phone and I will be leaving sprint. Not a way to treat a customer who has been loyal to your company for well over a decade.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey just a heads up to anybody who might be going back to the Note 7, if you got a S7 or S7 Edge in the last couple of weeks be sure to claim your VR or SD card before returning it! So you can get you a nice little gift from Samsung for this whole debacle! I'm keeping my s7 edge and had purchased a last Gen Samsung vr for $37.00 on a BB online deal! Then I kept seeing ads for a new gear VR or SD card with purchase of s7/ edge. I already had got the SD card when I got my Note 7 in August, so I went to the Samsung promotion website and just figured I'd try it, entered in my imei for my s7 edge and uploaded the receipt and ordered the new gifted vr! It worked even though I brought the s7 edge prior to the promotion. I guess the date was close enough.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I spoke with Carey in tech support in regards to the rude service at my corporate store while attempting to exchange my recalled note 7 the first time. I was told i shouldn't have an issue, he checked stock for me and then made the appointment for me. So i went there and they are trying to claim they don't have any, when in fact I verified that they did by phone just 15 minutes prior again before entering the store. I was told that if i encounter issues to contact the customer service team lead by email which he gave me and I have now done. The store is #232 in Brooklyn, NY. It is blatantly obvious this manger is lying that they dont have note 7's, i heard the tech guy say they had 2 in Silver (which is the color i have) and then this rude manager (Buck) comes over and says they have none. I had an appointment for 4:30, after he came to me he literally tried to brush me off and say they had none, when I told him they did and corporate left notes on my account for this store to do the exchange he refused to even pull up my account information, he said he was with another customer, which there was no one else around. So i said i will wait til he is done, while waiting a random couple came in asking about the iphone, he then proceeded to ask them which internal mem size, etc. Total bs. After all that he came over to the counter I was waiting at and literally told the cashier to refund me my money for my note7. Like wtf? I am a store manager for another retailer, if any of my managers or associates did that they would be fired on the spot. In what customer service world is that acceptable? I then went off on him in the middle of the store and embarrassed him for being so unprofessional and brushing me off and then after 20+ minutes and telling him how ridiculous he was being, he finally went into my account and read the notes. Then he proceeded to keep going with his lie that the note7 they had just 15 minutes before i got there was gone, yet nobody walked out with one (We all know there is no way a note7 was sold and activated in that time). I then told him i can literally reserve one in his store via the sprint website for pick up in an hour right now, he was like then show me, so i did, then he tried saying that those were the ones returned, i again called bs on that saying they would never take recalled phones and place them in your inventory for stock, at that point he knew he was caught in a lie and said I'm not dealing with you anymore, call corporate again. Unacceptable. I did call corporate again and reported that scum bag, I also told them if I have to go into a sprint store again, it will be to return the phone and I will be leaving sprint. Not way to treat a customer who has been loyal to your company for well over a decade.

Sorry to hear that. It seems to me, and it's just me; that Sprint is treating the phones as if it's a release day for a game. Corporate clearly says the 21st but people report that the phone is actually being sold by certain stores. Myself included.

It seems like "some" stores are abiding by this "street date" from corporate and others are just selling the phone. If you absolutely need the phone and the stores have "issues", just order online.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
e936a0e7d7fc640792799e36a5e3bced.jpg

Just an update.. Hopefully this is true and all of us sprint people will have replacements by the end of the week.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It seems to me, and it's just me; that Sprint is treating the phones as if it's a release day for a game. Corporate clearly says the 21st but people report that the phone is actually being sold by certain stores. Myself included.

It seems like "some" stores are abiding by this "street date" from corporate and others are just selling the phone. If you absolutely need the phone and the stores have "issues", just order online.

This has nothing to do with street date. This has to do with the stores not wanting to do exchanges and instead catering to people who will shell out activation fees and commission sales for their new purchases. I literally had a phone reserved for me by corporate, he even made the appointment. The store manager refused to follow sprints policy and he will be dealt with. I also already did the phone order after my first bad experience at the store back on the 17th. When I spoke to the rep Carey today he said they may take up to 3 weeks to ship and thats when he made me the appointment to pick one up today. He said he is hearing rumors it could be as early as the beginning of next week, I wasn't trying to hold on to this defective device that long.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This has nothing to do with street date. This has to do with the stores not wanting to do exchanges and instead catering to people who will shell out activation fees and commission sales for their new purchases. I literally had a phone reserved for me by corporate, he even made the appointment. The store manager refused to follow sprints policy and he will be dealt with. I also already did the phone order after my first bad experience at the store back on the 17th. When I spoke to the rep Carey today he said they may take up to 3 weeks to ship and thats when he made me the appointment to pick one up today. He said he is hearing rumors it could be as early as the beginning of next week, I wasn't trying to hold on to this defective device that long.

I hear what you are saying however, my experience was completely different. The store actually attempted to swap my phone out but the "otm" tool wouldn't allow the swap.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you have questions about mod actions.. Send me a PM.

Other than that it's simple folks. Keep it civil and Nerd out. :).

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone's replacement device from Sprint have the green battery icon like is being talked about ? Mine is just the normal icon. The box was marked as a new device and the IMEI checks out on the Samsung Web site.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Glad your experience was more pleasant. Mine was anything but.....

I read on another site that many sprint workers post on that they were told 5 different things and that the delay is mostly in part to which service to use for shipping. Also stores that are selling them to new customers got a memo from there district manager to sell them to whoever comes in. So with so many things going on it is no wonder half of them do not have a clue as each day things change on what for them to do. But shipping to us might not be as easy as it may seem due to how for them to ship.

Last edited:

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone's replacement device from Sprint have the green battery icon like is being talked about ? Mine is just the normal icon. The box was marked as a new device and the IMEI checks out on the Samsung Web site.

Sprint hasn't issued the update yet. As far as I know, only Verizon has.

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
This will teach me to ever go to a third party store again.

The place was packed, and only two employees. No biggie. It happens.
The guy who helped me was super nice. He should be commended for working for such a crappy place. I asked about switching colors and the guy said, "No problem". So I'm all excited, everything seems to be going smoother than I feared, so far.
So as the coolest dude to work for Sprint was about to process the swap, manager in the corner cries out, "You can only do color for color. If you want a new color, you have to pay the 35 dollar restocking fee." Rather than engage in an argument in a crowded store, I internally suppress my ire and proceed to let those bastards take my money. On top of that, they charged me the taxes again for the phone, saying I would get it back on my card. Having extreme doubts, I walked out with my new Note 7...then immediately called Sprint CS the moment I got home, asking to be transferred to retention. The lady was super nice. I got my credit for the color change, but she wasn't able to confirm if my money for the phone tax would be put back on my card, or applied to my bill. This concerned me, because being on a budget, this could screw up my banking and cause me to have an overdraft fee if there aren't enough funds to cover my normal bills. She said she would escalate to their finance department or somethinglike that.

So, all in all, after an hour and 15 minutes in the store and another hour on the phone, I have a new Note 7.

Moral of the story...stay the away from third party stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress