Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I set up my new note 7 yesterday. Spent 4 hours on it getting everything perfect. It runs better than my old one for sure. No hitching or lag and i love it. Then after I'm all done i start surfing here and a few other places and I see more replacement note 7's on fire. Wtf. I'm not changing again. Not to mention too what? Pixel xl is ok but not for that price. S7edge is ok too but not as nice as the note 7. Or maybe iphone 7 plus? Nice phone but I'm not a Apple guy. Beside the fact that the note 7 is superior in every dam way. Ugh, this sucks.
I couldn't agree more. I did the exact same thing yesterday with the same results. I'm now resuming my regularly scheduled program and enjoying my awesome N7 and that is all.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My replacement is having two issues. It says connected to wifi but nothing will load. LTE is working fine. Also apps on my home page disappear at random. I tried to place the apps back onto the visibly blank page and it says for example, calendar currently on home screen! I tried to hold and delete the imaginary calendar and nothing happens.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well my 1st and replacement is flawless, however my house and family are more important than any phone, so here we go again with miss information, the local sprint corporate store says no exchange purchased on line must be exchanged same way, called tech support they say only s7 s7e replacement so once again no one is on board to actual procedures.
So guess I will wait for a official response on this to see my options.
To sad I sold my N4 when I got this phone.

mikechaudron

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Sprint really came around for me today. After visiting 3 Sprint stores and 2 Best Buy stores and a 30 minute call to no avail Friday and arguing with them on Saturday, I tweeted at their CEO on Sunday and that got things moving. I received a call from their 'executive services' what ever that is, and quickly asked what I wanted and it's on the way. Pretty good save by Sprint.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Sprint really came around for me today. After visiting 3 Sprint stores and 2 Best Buy stores and a 30 minute call to no avail Friday and arguing with them on Saturday, I tweeted at their CEO on Sunday and that got things moving. I received a call from their 'executive services' what ever that is, and quickly asked what I wanted and it's on the way. Pretty good save by Sprint.
It always works to go straight to the top!

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I really don't want to change phones again. I just got my new one up and running yesterday. This is ridiculous. I mean maybe maybe maybe if Samsung would offer is note 7 owners an s7 edge for dirt cheap i would consider doing that. MAYBE. Ehh I'm not happy.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey old pals, its been awhile since I've been on here since I jumped ship to the s7 edge back in mid September. Things arent looking to well for the note 7. For those who just dont know what to do about this situation, I can say the s7 edge experience is as close to note 7 performance as your going to get and in many instances it out performs the note 7 (in my experience with my units). I hope to see you all on the other side, until the note 8 or if the brand is killed the s8 edge xl or s8 edge mega or s8 edge pro etc... whatever phone comes out next year by Samsung with a stylus arrives.

dannieboiz

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
They said you can exchange but can you return?

I've been dredging this and I know most everyone here is also. I pre order my phone received it on the first batch of shipment. I'm on my replacement now and absolutely love it. The Iris scanner, the fingerprint scanners all works harmonically together.

Carriers are saying that you can exchange it for any other phone but what if I don't want to buy another phone, I want to return it and go back to my Note 4.

Specifically I'm on sprint and bought the phone on the 2 year contract price. I want to just return the phone and wait for a few months to see what Samsung comes back with. Perhaps an early release of a Note 8?

Galaxy Note 8: Release date and specs detailed in new reports | BGR

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
How Can I Get The 7 Edge Pink Gold as A Replacement?

So with the Note 7 being officially recalled twice now. And Samsung is officially discontinuing it, I need a new phone. I want to get the 7 Edge Pink Gold from Best Buy. But I don't know how that works. I'm on Sprint and doing the payment plan of the $30+ for the Note 7. Do I just get a refund of how much I spent and just go to Best Buy and switch the number over to the 7 Edge? Or do I have to buy the phone at full price and bring it to Sprint?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: How Can I Get The 7 Edge Pink Gold as A Replacement?

You should be able to go to sprint , get what you paid, and have them reverse your payment plan. Then you should be able to upgrade at best buy. I'm not 100% for sure though. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

Yeah some more info would help a lot because always gotten my phones from the carriers. I never tried other stores like Best Buy.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprint offering replacements

“If a Sprint customer with a replacement Note 7 has any concerns regarding their device, we will exchange it for any other device at any Sprint retail store during the investigation window,” the Sprint representative said.

So I can walk in and say I want a iphone and its a done deal? I really hate we sent in our N4's for this fiasco. There's really nothing I want out there. And to add they disabled the Gear VR's so I basically have to go with an S-series phone. Don't want an iPhone then I'll have an sdcard collecting dust sitting around. This sucks.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully sprint is giving refunds. I'll just buy a used note 5 if I can't get my note 4 working again. Just wanted an spen. Don't like the google pixel and not a fan of the s7 or s8 whatever it may be. No iphone or v20 for me either.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

“If a Sprint customer with a replacement Note 7 has any concerns regarding their device, we will exchange it for any other device at any Sprint retail store during the investigation window,” the Sprint representative said.

So I can walk in and say I want a iphone and its a done deal? I really hate we sent in our N4's for this fiasco. There's really nothing I want out there. And to add they disabled the Gear VR's so I basically have to go with an S-series phone. Don't want an iPhone then I'll have an sdcard collecting dust sitting around. This sucks.

I'm not crazy about the options either. I guess I'm going with the S7 Edge because it is the most similar and I can continue to use my SD card and Gear VR.

seajypsy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

With great sadness I returned my Note 7 this morning. I jumped off the cliff and did what I said I would never do and bought my first Iphone. It's weird but, so far not horrible. My Sprint store had one S7 edge left whe I left the store. Good luck to everyone with their future phones. Maybe we'll be meeting back next year talking about how fabulous
our new Note 8's are. 😉

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

With great sadness I returned my Note 7 this morning. I jumped off the cliff and did what I said I would never do and bought my first Iphone. It's weird but, so far not horrible. My Sprint store had one S7 edge left whe I left the store. Good luck to everyone with their future phones. Maybe we'll be meeting back next year talking about how fabulous
our new Note 8's are. ??????

I think many of us will be seeing each other at the S7 Edge site :)

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Went to the store in Pembroke Pines, FL ... said that I could not return it for a refund. Called the Customer Service line, said I could exchange it for another phone at the store but there was nothing they could do.

Seems like this is going to be a fun back and forth for a while. I do not want another phone they currently offer. Their twitter post clearly states you can return for a refund but they don't seem to actually want to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress