Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Mine will go back for an iPhone 7 plus if it takes that long. I just switched from the 6 plus, but I did like the note 7 better. They have until the 23rd.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
For those who are having issue with not getting a loaner from Best Buy, contact Samsung and they will contact your local BB to issue you a loaner. Here is the chat I had with a Samsung rep about the problem. This is after he filed the ticket with Best Buy.

Joey Ofori: So are they gonna call me or what will happen?
Manoj P: Please allow 24hrs and then you can reach out to your Carrier/Retailer for confirmation.
Joey Ofori: What would I tell them?
Manoj P: I will file a ticket and help you with the ticket id.
Joey Ofori: ok
Manoj P: You can provide the ticket id for them so that they will surely help you.
Joey Ofori: Please can you let me know what you put on the ticket? So I can explain to them as well
Joey Ofori: What is the issue you will put on there?
Manoj P: I will document the issue please provide the loaner device to customer in time of new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval).

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I just left Best Buy where I preordered the Note 7 when it first came out. I had my phone in my pocket, and just asked the Best Buy phone representative what are the procedures on exchanging my Note 7 after the recall. The rep states that I can return it now and wait till the new Note 7 is ready for sales. He even hinted that they have the new devices on hand, but can't sell them till the government approves it (a week or 2 is his estimate). I told him I don't have my phone, but will exchange it when the new ones are available. He then had me enter my email on the Best Buy website where it will notify me when the new Note 7 is available. I then can bring my current Note 7 and exchange it when they notify me. Also, I asked if I need to bring the packaging and extras included. He said we can, and if I don't have all the included parts, that they will pull it from the exchange (ie. Charger, tips, adapter, etc.)

So I still have my current Note 7 (no issues so far) and waiting for the email when the new ones are available. I will try to gather everything from my current Note 7 and exchange it all brand new items included in the box.

Exactly the same thing I was told Stu my best buy. So I'm just waiting until they can give me a replacement.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I just spoke to someone at BB and they told me my only option is to use another phone I had. I asked about any loaners and he said that they do not have them and that BB has restricted them from doing so. So once again, we're all getting the same experience.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Stopped by bb after work, said i got an email to come and register for a new note.

"If you bought from us you are already in our system so you don't need to do anything"

No, i got an email that told me I need to come register for a replacement.

"Can i see that email?"

It's not going to tell you anything j didn't.

"So would you like to get a different phone or return your note?"

I'd like to register for a new note.

After playing with his system he asked if i wanted to keep blue....idk why they just spew out lies, just say you don't know.

On the brighter note, the email confirm for the preorder i got said it's available sept 19th.

mag44

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Really annoyed/pissed at Best Buy. Went to a store today to reserve a replacement Note 7, the ignorant mobile worker repeatedly stated that replacement Notes would be "first come first serve", despite what they say on their own website. What is the point of Best Buy corporate's policies if the stores just decide to do whatever they want? I don't like being lied to either.

Any future big electronic purchases are not happening at Best Buy for me. I didn't want a loaner I just wanted to be assured that I could get a replacement unit when they came. Instead I get a "F YOU ... we already have your money". I was going to keep my N7 until a replacement came in, but I think that I am gonna return it and purchase it from a store that actually cares.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My loaner is the current Note 7. Again, the issue Samsung points out would have shown as heat or low battery life by now. That, or fried already.

Respect the caution none the less. I leave fast charging off.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Stopped by bb after work, said i got an email to come and register for a new note.

"If you bought from us you are already in our system so you don't need to do anything"

No, i got an email that told me I need to come register for a replacement.

"Can i see that email?"

It's not going to tell you anything j didn't.

"So would you like to get a different phone or return your note?"

I'd like to register for a new note.

After playing with his system he asked if i wanted to keep blue....idk why they just spew out lies, just say you don't know.

On the brighter note, the email confirm for the preorder i got said it's available sept 19th.

If you look at the whole email.
And click on the link at the bottom.
There is a space for you to enter your email address in it.

Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Holding onto mine as my local Best Buy gave me the cold shoulder when I went in to check on the status of replacements and a loaner phone last weekend. The only reason as many others here I went their to upgrade was the 256gb sd card (or Gear Fit) given out the same day. Wishing now I would have went to my carrier and got it and more than likely wouldn't have gotten the same treatment and had a loaner phone by now. Yet I keep getting messages from Samsung and Best Buy saying power it off and turn it in. Tempted to go get a refund at BB then go back to AT&T and get an Iphone 7s or a LG V20 (as much as I hate Iphones) just to spite this fiasco. This is my last phone purchase with BB regardless of the free $200 gift offered.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The BB instructions seem pretty straight forward to me. Turn it in now for refund and/or pre-order, exchange for another device, or keep Note 7- then enter email address and wait for reply of Note 7 replacements.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The BB instructions seem pretty straight forward to me. Turn it in now for refund and/or pre-order, exchange for another device, or keep Note 7- then enter email address and wait for reply of Note 7 replacements.

You need to go to the store to order a replacement. Entering your email just sends and email saying you can refund, get a different phone, order a new note.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You need to go to the store to order a replacement. Entering your email just sends and email saying you can refund, get a different phone, order a new note.

Yep, that's the "Turn it in now for refund and/or pre-order" ;) They want the device back so they can generate a preorder on same line for another one. I chose to keep mine and wait for the email response, but will also check in every few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa