everyone having computer connection issues, please post here.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a un-rooted fascinate. De-binged w/ Launcher Pro. I have the new DL09 update. Before the update i was able to connect my phone to my Macbook just fine. It mounted as a disk and i was able to transfer files to and from w/ no issue. Now after the update i tried to mount it to transfer some photos and it shows up as a Verizon Mobile CD disk. It doesnt let me mount it at all.

Any Idea whats going on and how to fix this?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a un-rooted fascinate. De-binged w/ Launcher Pro. I have the new DL09 update. Before the update i was able to connect my phone to my Macbook just fine. It mounted as a disk and i was able to transfer files to and from w/ no issue. Now after the update i tried to mount it to transfer some photos and it shows up as a Verizon Mobile CD disk. It doesnt let me mount it at all.

lol. yes. read the rest of the thread it will give you some fixes. also you can flash this kernel from adrynalyne:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...3-test-kernels-adrynalyne-updated-1-21-a.html

use test 5 nonvoodoo

richardtz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ive been obsessed about this problem for two days now. I was at verizon store for two hours and on the phone with Verizon and Samsung. No help... When i connect my phone to computer, i cant even get a drop down menu to say USB connect, and i get a message on my computer, Usb device not recognized, Im ready to tear my hair out, Some of you guys are so techy, I cant follow what to do.. Any ideas besides throwing the phone thru the window!

mer

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Unrooted stock (other than LauncherPro).

Forced into DL09 (FYI, you can defer it once, but not twice).

I had the samsung drives on my laptop from someone who used them to root a fascinate using the one-click method (not this phone).

Through random unplugging and plugging of phone from computer, it downloaded/updated some more drivers (Atlas something).

Now I can connect via USB (mass media mode and mount like before). I did not have to install V Cast on computer for this to work.

However, now every time I plug my phone into the computer it launches IE (not my primary browser) directed to the V Cast website.

For the love of GOD, please make it stop. (Verizon has no clue that this is an issue).

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I have an unrooted SF. I just tried this and it worked....

Settings-->USB Settings-->click "Ask on connection".

After you connect the USB cable it will connect then ask Media or Mass Storage. Select the one you want.

Hope this helps.

mer

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Unrooted stock (other than LauncherPro).

Forced into DL09 (FYI, you can defer it once, but not twice).

I had the samsung drives on my laptop from someone who used them to root a fascinate using the one-click method (not this phone).

Through random unplugging and plugging of phone from computer, it downloaded/updated some more drivers (Atlas something).

Now I can connect via USB (mass media mode and mount like before). I did not have to install V Cast on computer for this to work.

However, now every time I plug my phone into the computer it launches IE (not my primary browser) directed to the V Cast website.

For the love of GOD, please make it stop. (Verizon has no clue that this is an issue).

For update on this, please see fix at: Fix for DL09 USB Connectivity/VCast Issue on PC (AKA Bootstrap is not your friend) - Android Forums

leedurr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I talked Verizon into giving me a new phone and just rooted the new one. No issues now. All they said was they were having issues with some phones after the update.

metroyanks1

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So far in my research:

Supposedly it seems if you have USB Debugging ENABLED and you hook the cable up to the phone while it's OFF and you turn it ON it will mount correctly. This has worked for me however it gets very annoying if you do this a lot.

I've been looking everywhere for a fix and so far this is the only one that worked for my phone (rooted) on a PC. :)

Now, I need to find a ROM that will fix the vibrate issue on my phone. I lost the Vibrate after upgrading to DL09 and rooting.

ahlexkim

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Before the update, my phone was rooted through z4root, and I installed the DL09 update via OTA. It installed, but my superuser app is still their, and the phone isn't "rooted" anymore. I can't mount my microSD. Help?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Before the update, my phone was rooted through z4root, and I installed the DL09 update via OTA. It installed, but my superuser app is still their, and the phone isn't "rooted" anymore. I can't mount my microSD. Help?

yes losing root after an update is normal,,,super user app is just an app just because its there doesnt mean you are rooted.

if you would like to reroot, pick your poison
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-hacks/54659-how-rooting-your-fascinate.html
i suggest CWM+root combo,, but they all work

to get connection again , put your phone in debugging mode, plug it in, while your phone is still plugged in shut down and restart the phone and you will be able to mount the card again

Welcome to Android central btw

Last edited:

kappenze

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Enabling debugging fixes everything

I signed up to this forum because I was so stoked to discover that ENABLING Debugging is a super quick fix and solves all the mounting issues on the Samsung Fascinate !! Really easy to do.... menu>settings>applications>development>check USB Debugging ( uncheck to disable) !!

Thanks so much and godspeed with your phone !!

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, so I haven't put any new music on my phone for a couple months now, and yesterday I try to mount, but to no avail... then I guess with some luck it worked and was even recognized by windows media player (cause I added one playlist). I had thought yesterday was just a fluke, but trying again today the problem was much more apparent.

So here is my question first:

How might I get media sync to work again? I wouldn't normally use it, but I do when I want to add a playlist to the fascinate from my computer.

Usually when I drop playlists I do it from media sync, which worked some months ago. Its nice because they will show up in the stock music player. Now when I try media sync, I get the infamous "run toollauncher-bootstrap.exe" and if I wait for the window to disappear the phone tries to media sync but fails.

I have had trouble with mass storage option too, but now I can seem to make that work after reading around in the forums and just trying different suggestons. I just go to usb settings and select ask on connection. When I plug in my phone I select the mass storage option... let that nasty install window pop up... wait for it to disappear (30 seconds or so), then the usual drop down notification appears on the phone that asks to mount. Now I can drop files like before, but it still wont work for media sync.

I am rooted and have the update to EA28

Reactions: darcyjr123

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
if you can update to froyo it may fix that...or try double twist it has wireless sync....also there is a thread on making your phone part of your wifi network drives
Wow, so I haven't put any new music on my phone for a couple months now, and yesterday I try to mount, but to no avail... then I guess with some luck it worked and was even recognized by windows media player (cause I added one playlist). I had thought yesterday was just a fluke, but trying again today the problem was much more apparent.

So here is my question first:

How might I get media sync to work again? I wouldn't normally use it, but I do when I want to add a playlist to the fascinate from my computer.

Usually when I drop playlists I do it from media sync, which worked some months ago. Its nice because they will show up in the stock music player. Now when I try media sync, I get the infamous "run toollauncher-bootstrap.exe" and if I wait for the window to disappear the phone tries to media sync but fails.

I have had trouble with mass storage option too, but now I can seem to make that work after reading around in the forums and just trying different suggestons. I just go to usb settings and select ask on connection. When I plug in my phone I select the mass storage option... let that nasty install window pop up... wait for it to disappear (30 seconds or so), then the usual drop down notification appears on the phone that asks to mount. Now I can drop files like before, but it still wont work for media sync.

I am rooted and have the update to EA28

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Abishag

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just want my pics and music!

English! Please, someone English! I'm not a very savvy user. My Samsung Fascinate used to work, not it doesn't. Verizon has sent me two "new" phones, and no one has mentioned any of the stuff you are talking about here. I believe you all know what you are doing, but help me please, with a simple, step by step, go here and do this. I would so appreciate it.
Thanks!
Hopelessly lost.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
English! Please, someone English! I'm not a very savvy user. My Samsung Fascinate used to work, not it doesn't. Verizon has sent me two "new" phones, and no one has mentioned any of the stuff you are talking about here. I believe you all know what you are doing, but help me please, with a simple, step by step, go here and do this. I would so appreciate it.
Thanks!
Hopelessly lost.

Step by step for what? If we don't know what you want to do, how can we give you a step by step?

Abishag

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I have a Samsung Fascinate. I used to be able to connect it to my PC, put music on the phone from my pc, and pics from the phone to the pc. Now my PC does not even recognize that I have anything plugged in. I can't transfer a thing. I have tried two different usb cords, and each of our 4 pc's. My pc runs Windows 7 professional. One runs Vista and two are XP. Different pc's, same results.
How do I get it to do what is used to do before Verizon came out with that horrible V manager thing that I do not want.

Reactions: darcyjr123

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I have a Samsung Fascinate. I used to be able to connect it to my PC, put music on the phone from my pc, and pics from the phone to the pc. Now my PC does not even recognize that I have anything plugged in. I can't transfer a thing. I have tried two different usb cords, and each of our 4 pc's. My pc runs Windows 7 professional. One runs Vista and two are XP. Different pc's, same results.
How do I get it to do what is used to do before Verizon came out with that horrible V manager thing that I do not want.

We will need to know the setup of your phone. Please hit the menu soft key on the lower left of you phone and tell us what it says for each of the following:

Firmware version
Baseband version
Kernel version
Build number

Also go menu=>settings=>applications=>development, make sure unknown sources is checked, then from that screen click development and make sure usb debugging is checked. Make sure you are only using the usb cable that came with your phone. If all that is checked, reboot phone while all that is checked off and your phone is connected to your computer with the original usb cable.

darcyjr123

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Cannot Media Sync my Fascinate!

OK. I know about the Ea28 update messing up the mounting feature(I understand that!) I have fixed that problem but have yet fixed my media sync issue. What I mean by that is, Ok I like to use rhapsody to put music on my phone and it worked like a champ before this stupid update. Now when I plug my fascinate into my computer it doesnt see it as a MP3 player anymore, only as a mass storage. Can I get some help please ?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> USB Settings -> Ask on Connection

When you plug your phone in pull down the notification bar, click the one that Says Copy Files to USB and turn it on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174