everyone having computer connection issues, please post here.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Plug in the Fascinate at any point during the following steps. Mix it up until it works:

Turn setting A off, turn B on, turn A back on, install driver A, now toggle setting C, click on setting D that allows you to choose between A or B, uninstall driver A, install driver B, reboot computer with the phone plugged in, unmount, mount, install bloatware, sign up for vCast, exchange phone & repeat as necessary, but next time do it while standing upside down. This worked for me several times. Still doesn't work on a Mac though.

:p

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
All I know is the time I've spent on this far exceeds any amount of time I'll spend manually plugging the card into my computer. Even though I've had both the procedures I posted work - it is still intermittent - so I'm giving up.

For those of you that want to synchronize with iTunes, I've been using iSyncr, which will sync a USB card with your iTunes playlist without going through your phone.

That said, I still want this fixed :confused:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
All I know is the time I've spent on this far exceeds any amount of time I'll spend manually plugging the card into my computer. Even though I've had both the procedures I posted work - it is still intermittent - so I'm giving up.

For those of you that want to synchronize with iTunes, I've been using iSyncr, which will sync a USB card with your iTunes playlist without going through your phone.

That said, I still want this fixed :confused:

i will post step by step instructions on how i permanatly fixed this problem in just a bit. :-D

but you have to get me your mom rom first

soconnor

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
This is Verizon making users download and install a 110MB bloatware app on the desktop to get them onto Verizon's interface (and product pushing channel) every time they tether to their desktop. It is despicable.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This is Verizon making users download and install a 110MB bloatware app on the desktop to get them onto Verizon's interface (and product pushing channel) every time they tether to their desktop. It is despicable.

Do you think that Verizon did this as an accident, or was this purposeful?

I know I sound like a broken record, but they have alienated us Fascinate users so much that it really is getting to be ridiculous now. I imagine some techno-nerd sitting there dreaming up ways to mess with us.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Do you think that Verizon did this as an accident, or was this purposeful?

I know I sound like a broken record, but they have alienated us Fascinate users so much that it really is getting to be ridiculous now. I imagine some techno-nerd sitting there dreaming up ways to mess with us.

*I* feel like this was on purpose -- I find it hard to believe that they could accidentally make it so you need to use vCast Media Managr. Of course, I could be completely wrong and it was truly an accident, but that's just how I feel.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
If you root there is a fix. I myself believe that this was an acccident. The USB mass storage driver was poorly written...typical of Samsung.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
IVE DONE IT!!! IVE DONE IT!!! i have done what no one else could do, not even our great adrynalyne!!! here is the step by step on how to fix this problem.

1. open the dialer and press *611 send
2. select the option for tech support.
3. you will get someone very stupid in another country whose mother dresses them every morning. tell that your phone shows up as a cd rom and that you have already formated your sd card, tried a new sdcard, did a factory reset in the phone settings and in samsung recovery.
4. you will then be transfered to someone very stupid in another country who dress himself every morning. tell that your phone shows up as a cd rom and that you have already formated your sd card, tried a new sdcard, did a factory reset in the phone settings and in samsung recovery.
5. the next day when you receive your replacement phone go ahead and set it up.
6. you will notice that your phone will come with old faithful, or DI01. root your phone. install a DJ05 modem, ROM and kernel of your choice(i am using adrynalynes...something another, hard to keep track).
7. leave DL09 the heck alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is your step by step on how to fix the cd rom issue with your samsung fascinate.

adrynalyne, thanks for all you do for us. i am running your latest test kernel, as usual it runs great!!!

i will NOT be installing dl09 again, no way no how!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d