Joban's Kernel 2.08 (Overclock, CM7 2.3.7 etc..) **Gyro Fixed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrelime

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Joban's Kernel 2.03 (Overclock, CM7 2.3.7 etc..) **WIFI FIXED

That is a weird issue. The weird thing is, I'd get the offset display soon after overclocking. Did you use the built in overclock feature?

Yep. I used the included OC feature.

- Dial the overclocker back to 600mhz.
- Install the new kernel and reboot.
- Return overclocking back to desired level.

It works fine for me. *shrugs*

Also, the new update fixed a problem I was having with my bluetooth connecting to my ear-piece. :D

I still don't know what to do about the GPS. I tried faster-fix: [APP][ROOT] FasterFix [V1.5] - xda-developers But it didn't seem to help any.
Also, I don't know what to do about the accelerometer/gyro. I tried installing a different MOD and it effed up my phone.

These aren't show-stoppers by any means, but I do wish they worked. :(

Reactions: joban

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

haha hey guys seems like u guys having fun! lol well about com.android.phone error i cant do much because its part of the cm7 and happens with the 2g/3g switching there is ways to fix it from the adb but i just find it easier to just data reset and restore with Titanium Backup. So try not to reboot too much cuz i noticed i get it when i do that. and can you gimme more info about the gps? cuz im not quiet understanding what you are trying to say.

Last edited:

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

ok my guess is that we are getting all these errors because as i said this is a 2.2 based kernel and we are running 2.3.7 because I tweaked it a bit but looks like thats not enough. So Im thinking of making a kernel based of 2.6.35, cuz right now its 2.6.32, but maybe that will fix up some things? but then the problem is that LG never releases gingerbread for our phones so I cant see the latest kernel build for it. But ill try my best to come up with something. :cool:

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

But then I promise you guys ICE CREAM!!! 4.0! So im gonna wait for a bit to do anything much and see what the kernel does on that! So please be patient!

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

So,we shouldn't expect a gyro fix until ICS comes out?

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

well about the gyro im quiet not sure why its not working. if you really like it go back to stock and flash my kernel on that, and you can still overclock, cuz i think it works on the stock rom. keep in mind that its a based 2.2 kernel so be glad your running 2.3.7

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

well about the gyro im quiet not sure why its not working. if you really like it go back to stock and flash my kernel on that, and you can still overclock, cuz i think it works on the stock rom. keep in mind that its a based 2.2 kernel so be glad your running 2.3.7

I am still in the stock ROM, aside from the overclocking what else should I be able to do once I'm flashed with your kernel (assuming I keep stock). I am thinking about being a lab rat for this question as I haven't changed from stock yet. One question though if the kernel completely mucks up the works can I still flash to another ROM? The way I understand it is CWM works as a low level boot loader and the ROMs are basically per-configured versions of Linux. So if Im right then even if I muck up the ROM I should basically reinstall the OS[ROM] and I'm back in business.

CrackerTeg

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Personally, I'm happy you did this. My phone is snappier than ever and I couldn't be happier. Hell, I'm not overclocked and my quadrant was at 1100. Almost three times better than stock. Besides,I mostly use my phone in portrait anyway so I really don't miss the rotation that much.

Reactions: joban

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Ignore my previous post I managed to softbrick my phone thanks to an update that the ROM manager did and me having butter fingers Im stuck at the udc_start() ... downloading and reinstalling now... I guess my apprehension about installing the CM7 ROM is no more.

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Since the gyro problem is ROM related, couldn't we copy the right driver files from stock to CM7? That's what people people with other devices have done, and I'm willing to try it, but I can find the location of the files, could someone help me or am I just wrong?

CrackerTeg

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense but I wouldn't be able to make sense of it myself. Is that something we can find through explorer or is that something we'd have to do via PC?
Here's something I found while browsing through explorer.
62f2caed-ed95-58d8.jpg

Does that libsensor file have anything to do with it?

Last edited:

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Hmm.. I don't have the libsensor file on my Thrive. But I was looking around and found some drivers in: /sys/devices/platform (a bunch of sub folders with drivers) and maybe /system/lib/hw/sensors.thunderg.so

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

Ignore my previous post I managed to softbrick my phone thanks to an update that the ROM manager did and me having butter fingers Im stuck at the udc_start() ... downloading and reinstalling now... I guess my apprehension about installing the CM7 ROM is no more.
did u get that fixed? cuz i have a guide for that!

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

did u get that fixed? cuz i have a guide for that!

No actually I didn't Im kinda stuck there seems to be something I'm missing. You instructions call for me to do something with a "windows enabler" but I have yet to see anything that is called that in any of the files I have downloaded. I sited it over in the walk through you did. Plus im only getting one driver to install not 4 as you indicated.

Last edited:

vipe_202

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

So for those of you willing to give different p500 roms a go, keep in mind that whatever you try is your own fault not anyone elses, so if you screw up, we'll try and help fix it, but your to blame.

So for other roms that this kernel works on, i've only been noticing that it's only been working thus far on roms with a Cyanogen Firmware base.

So follow these steps whenever flashing any of the roms from below or in general as these steps work!

1. Download your rom.
2. Put on sd card
3. Reboot to recovery (home+power+volume up buttons)
4. Now i'm sure you all have a setup for your phone right now, based on whats been going on in the thread already, don't be a douche make a nandroid back up now!! (as in move the selector to backup and make a backup)
5. Now select:
A. wipe data/factory reset
B. wipe cache partition
C. advanced > wipe dalvik cache
6. select zip to install (whatever rom zip you put on your sd card.
7. after that rom installs, Before reboot! install joban's kernel, this actually had the roms working right off the bat no black screens after leaving recovery.
8. Your done, setup your rom how you please
**IF you don't like the rom repeat steps 3-7 skipping #4
**IF you want your old setup back the nandroid backup that you should have taken, reboot to recovery, wipe everything from step #5, the main menu > backup and restore > restore > the format for the file folders here is yyyy-mm-dd-time/

So for roms that are working:
(taken from this link: [STICKY][REF][UPDATED 2011-10-01 16:09 GMT+1] Repository of HOWTOs, ROMs, MODs, etc. - xda-developers)

Under 2.3.5:
(android market works in all 2.3.5 roms)

MIUI Suicidal themed ROM : [ROM][Themed] MIUI-Gen71 v0.666 Suicidal Edition |CM 7.1-RC1|2.3.5 - xda-developers
SonygenMod ROM (Xperia CM7 themed rom): [ROM]SonygenMod v1.2 Final (Discontinued, no longer available) - xda-developers
(SonygenMod Lite Genuine ROM didn't work for me if you get it working cool)
CyanogenMMatt: [ROM][2.3.5][19 AUG] CyanogenMMatt v1.1 - xda-developers
MIUI themed CM7 ROM: MIUI themed version rom(CM7 based) - xda-developers

Under 2.3.4:

Up to you I didn't want to test any there.

Under 2.3.3:

STAY AWAY!! (these roms listed here are based on LG P500 actual gingerbread firmware, kenel from Joban won't help as no CM7 base, I got a screen with multicolored pixels, totally unusable, unless you wanna try getting it usable go a head thats your call)

enjoy

---------------------------------------------
PS: in all these roms, I only did minor testing, so I do not know what works and what does not work, as far as I can tell the one thing that doesn't work across all of these is the gyro.

If your smart and know what setting to put for gps: use faster fix from android market

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos