Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethal1148

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
These goons at Samsung.com Direct are hilarious! They just sent me a box within a box with no exchange phone inside. WTF? It's so funny!
Oh, btw I have this email from them. this is their escalation process front line manager.
Attn: Amber - ecomm09@sea.samsung.com

Please write and tell her why you are irate!

If this is true, that's some serious trolly *** BS. Hopefully I don't get an empty box.

themikeyt

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Well,

I'm in Canada. I submitted my form on Sept 19. Nothing. No email, nothing. So, I called them on Sept 27, and my 'claim' was expedited. Heard nothing, so, I call them again.. and was told that I should hear something by Thrs.

It's Thrs. Nothing. Zip.

I'm cool with tech having issues, **** happens. But, this, this sucks.

I needed to vent. Thanks. :)

Mike

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I hate to rant again, but this is absurdly ridiculous. Bought directly from Samsung.com. Two weeks ago we were told to wait until next week for exchanges. Thursday 9/22 I get an email confirming my order that will ship in 2 to 3 business days. One week later 9/29 no shipping notice, no return box, no communications from Samsung. Maybe I will get a shipping notice today, but I doubt it. I refuse to call the plethora of 800 numbers after the rude treatment and constant transfers. This is just frustrating.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I hate to rant again, but this is absurdly ridiculous. Bought directly from Samsung.com. Two weeks ago we were told to wait until next week for exchanges. Thursday 9/22 I get an email confirming my order that will ship in 2 to 3 business days. One week later 9/29 no shipping notice, no return box, no communications from Samsung. Maybe I will get a shipping notice today, but I doubt it. I refuse to call the plethora of 800 numbers after the rude treatment and constant transfers. This is just frustrating.
Donhilla,

I am with you. I feel your pain. Same here. Is yours ATT?

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got a delivery notification for a package from "stericycle" for tomorrow, and I haven't ordered anything. I opted for the special shipping container, I wonder if this will be it. I'll post pictures if it is.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got a delivery notification for a package from "stericycle" for tomorrow, and I haven't ordered anything. I opted for the special shipping container, I wonder if this will be it. I'll post pictures if it is.

Came to post this as well. It's the return box for sure. I also still have a separate overnight package from Samsung coming tomorrow. Fun!

And after all of this brewhaha, I honestly think I'm going to stick with the iPhone 6s+. I know, WTF dude? I don't know, maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff. iOS 10 and force touch are quite nice. Smooth as butter and being in the iMessage club is kinda neat to be honest. I'm always receiving pixelated videos and missing out. And no, people simply won't switch from iMessage. Tried. Failed.

I mean at this point, I'm sitting here holding a free Note 7 since i was refunded from AmEx. Guess I could keep it around as a trophy from all this mess?

Also still wondering what's going to arrive tomorrow from Samsung (in addition to the return box).

Wild ride for sure. The death knell may have been the delay and me actually using iOS. Feels weird man.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I guess my rant worked. Got an email from UPS. Overnight package arriving tomorrow. Hope this is the phone and not the return box. They wouldn't send the return box overnight would they? Let's hope not.

UPS Track.jpg

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Phone is 2 lbs and signature required

Yep, you are right. UPS updated to say that the package is coming from STERICYCLE-OUTBOUND-ES:

Stericycle is a compliance company that specializes in collecting and disposing regulated substances, such as medical waste and sharps, pharmaceutical..

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I guess my rant worked. Got an email from UPS. Overnight package arriving tomorrow. Hope this is the phone and not the return box. They wouldn't send the return box overnight would they? Let's hope not.

View attachment 241043
Donhilla,

Oh brother, got the same ups notice. I bet this is just the return box and I still haven't received the phone yet.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just got my box in a box to return my phone even though I haven't received my replacement phone yet. It looks like all they are asking for is the phone. They have instructions with pictures on how to pack it and it looks like the only thing that will fit in it is the phone itself without the original box and accessories t that originally came with it.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
These goons at Samsung.com Direct are hilarious! They just sent me a box within a box with no exchange phone inside. WTF? It's so funny!
Oh, btw I have this email from them. this is their escalation process front line manager.
Attn: Amber - ecomm09@sea.samsung.com

Please write and tell her why you are irate!
Also just emailed Amber that nonesounique gave us to see if they can tell me why I haven't received my replacement phone yet. Not that I would believe any of their stories. But thought I would try it anyway.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Also just emailed Amber that nonesounique gave us to see if they can tell me why I haven't received my replacement phone yet. Not that I would believe any of their stories. But thought I would try it anyway.

Just tweeted Samsung support asking same question. They asked for any reference number. Sent the new order number.

Status
Not open for further replies.