Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same information my chat with Verizon, they expect units by end of this week and then the current owners will be notified by text or email to come in and exchange there note 7's. There will also be an option in the text or email to have the replacements to be shipped (I think the shipping option was for those who received their original note7 that way)
Verizon will text or email you when they have them in stock.
I think you guys will be waiting for something that will never happen, and that you'll end up having call or go into your local carrier after you find out replacements are available.

They already sent out one text when this started to my Note 7 number. I'm assuming I'll be getting another one soon about replacement stock. Maybe. Hopefully... It is Verizon.
Just because they have a way of texting all Note owners about critical issues doesn't mean they have a way to determine when a new Note is available in your area (they don't know where you live or work, nor what carrier stores you'd go into - privacy issues would just be the beginning of the trouble if they were tracking you in this manner), nor would they devote the manpower and time to monitor when the shipments arrive at the carriers.

I would not count on this. Verizon is not going to email or text anyone when the corporate stores have stock.
I would just call your local corporate Store each day until they get some in.
I also think that is the best way of being aware of replacements.

I have a business account with Verizon and I spoke with a Customer Rep and specifically inquired about being emailed or texted when the Note 7 stock is available for exchanges and she denied any knowledge of emailing or texting customers by Verizon.
This rep I'd consider to be more reliable than the ones that are telling people they will be contacted.

The Federal Consumer Protection Agency is getting involved now. Worst case scenario Samsung may not be able to sell the revised Note 7 in the US. or could lead to a delay in replacement stock.
That sounds illogical to me. If it were true they would be interfering with people replacing potentially dangerous devices with new ones. There is no reason to prevent people from getting a stable device, and that is what they'd be doing by delaying or preventing the release of the exchange phones.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone actually think there's ANY N7's that have been sent back, refurbished, and ready for distribution as replacements? I could be wrong, but I don't see how it's even logistically possible for refurbs to have entered the coming batches of replacements yet.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone actually think there's ANY N7's that have been sent back, refurbished, and ready for distribution as replacements? I could be wrong, but I don't see how it's even logistically possible for refurbs to have entered the coming batches of replacements yet.

I don't think the replacement phones used for exchanges will be refurbished phones, but brand new phones with the nonexplosive batteries. In the future refurbs will probably be available, but they would have to clearly indicate that.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
They went on to tell me that they don't know if Verizon will offer the note 7 in the future, it might be dead in the water.

I hate to use sour language but that would really be some crap right there. I don't plan on keeping this phone, as I do want a replacement, but if they decided not to carry it then I wouldn't know what to go with myself lol.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I hate to use sour language but that would really be some crap right there. I don't plan on keeping this phone, as I do want a replacement, but if they decided not to carry it then I wouldn't know what to go with myself lol.

It's completely baseless speculation and there's no need to worry about it IMO. Neither Samsung nor the carriers wants that kind of mess on their hands. Customers who love their devices and aren't having any issues are not going to just accept an "Oh well" from them and downgrade permanently. At the very least they've got to take care of those of us who want replacement N7s. Demand is obviously there. There will be a supply. The only question is when. This could have been made a lot easy by guaranteeing loaner S7s and S7 Edges (even if they were refurbs) until new N7s are available. There's still time for Samsung and the carriers to partner up and do that.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to Verizon

I was told replacement devices out on the 30th...not being sent to stores.
Verizon will send their customers email and customers need to confirm. Replacement will be sent to residence address along with shipping label to return recalled device once confirmed

this is what you want to do....well of course I replied!

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Verizon will send their customers email and customers need to confirm. Replacement will be sent to residence address along with shipping label to return recalled device once confirmed

Keep in mind that the CPSC could cause that date to slip. If they take their time verifying the safety of the replacement devices, they could potentially be sitting in a customs warehouse for weeks waiting for approval. I'm sure Samsung is lobbying hard to get things done quickly, but it is the US government they are dealing with

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: I just talked to Verizon

When would they send the email?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: I just talked to Verizon

There has been so much false information given out by reps that I will not believe it until I get an e-mail from them myself (I'm not holding my breath). Devices were already sent out to stores. I don't believe for a second that those units wouldn't be available for people to walk in and exchange for (if/when the government has given Note 7 release approval).

bricenm

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Visited my corporate VZW store tonight and spoke to the manager there. She was told replacements would be arriving in about two weeks, but not guaranteed. N7 owners would get a text from VZW stating the replacements are in. If you exchange now to an S7 or S7E, you will NOT be able to go back to the N7...i.e. the S7 and S7E will be a permanent replacement for your N7. Not much discussion on loaners as the store didn't have any J series in stock. Basically, exchange to S7/S7E and kiss your N7 goodbye or wait about 2 weeks for the replacements. I asked what would happen if during the time I wait for a replacement, my N7 blows up....no answer...she couldn't answer. I rolled my eyes and decided to take my chances and wait for the replacement. I don't want an S7 or S7E.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard if this affects the promo gifts like the SD card and gear fit if we were to do a straight return instead of exchange? I.e. Do those need to be returned too? Debating doing a return on the wife's phone, then buying again when the new ones are ready instead of dealing with deadlines and such.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone heard if this affects the promo gifts like the SD card and gear fit if we were to do a straight return instead of exchange? I.e. Do those need to be returned too? Debating doing a return on the wife's phone, then buying again when the new ones are ready instead of dealing with deadlines and such.

I can't remember where but I'm sure I read that the sd card and gear fit are ours to keep.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
last night at 12:57am i received my first bit of communication directly from either Samsung or Verizon. I received the email from Samsung telling me to power down my note 7.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
We get to keep whatever was selected for the "gift" promo.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
WELL I woke up to a letter from Samsung saying "George - Power down your Note7 and exchange it now

Your safety remains our top priority

Dear George, In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.

We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Details on how to exchange your Galaxy Note7 can be found at Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program or at 1‑800‑SAMSUNG.

You received this email as a valued subscriber of Samsung updates and promotions.
To ensure delivery, please add MySamsung@email.samsungusa.com to your address book. Learn how.

Please do not reply to this email. If you need to contact us with questions or feedback, please contact Customer Service.

If you no longer wish to receive email from Samsung, click here to unsubscribe.

Legal | Privacy Policy
© 2016 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Use only in accordance with law. Other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners. Screen images simulated. Actual appearances may vary.

Samsung​ Electronics ​America
85​ Challenger ​Road
Ridgefield​ Park, NJ ​07660

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001