Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I woke up to a fully charged N7 and still no bring your phone in or turn it off. Maybe they do know which phones are bad. Seems they would know what's on my line. Huh?

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
WELL I woke up to a letter from Samsung saying "George - Power down your Note7 and exchange it now

Your safety remains our top priority

Dear George, In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.

We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Details on how to exchange your Galaxy Note7 can be found at Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program or at 1‑800‑SAMSUNG.

You received this email as a valued subscriber of Samsung updates and promotions.
To ensure delivery, please add MySamsung@email.samsungusa.com to your address book. Learn how.

Please do not reply to this email. If you need to contact us with questions or feedback, please contact Customer Service.

If you no longer wish to receive email from Samsung, click here to unsubscribe.

Legal | Privacy Policy
© 2016 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Use only in accordance with law. Other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners. Screen images simulated. Actual appearances may vary.

Samsung​ Electronics ​America
85​ Challenger ​Road
Ridgefield​ Park, NJ ​07660
I received the email I believe i received it due to my call to Samsung last night. They asked for all my info, did you call Samsung?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I got the email during the night as well. I think they are not all going out at once and I believe its based off your Samsung account or if you registered the device with Samsung. This recall has been so badly handled its ridiculous. I was told by Verizon I could swap to a S7E then back again but the corp store said no. The corp store also said they should have N7 in by next week according to the Samsung rep that was in the store the day before. Its sad that there is no definite anything in place and not everyone is on the same page.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It's been a very unfortunate turn of events - I really love my N7, but it's becoming very clear that I won't be able to keep it (or a replacement).

I suspect that Samsung is recommending turning off the phone for financial reasons - they probably don't feel obligated to pay for damages created from a phone-fire now that they've recommended turning them off. Same with the politicians - they can say "I told you so" if there are more cases of phone-fires.

The vast majority of users haven't had problems, but the virus that's been placed in our heads will require action.

At first phones were to be available this coming week, which never seemed reasonable. Now the date is moving further out. I haven't called Verizon since this issue was first announced, but have relied on the good-people of this forum to keep me informed, but will go to a corporate store today and decide if I want to swap the Note 7 for an S7 or back to a Note 5 (I sold mine). Either way, I'm stuck with a poor substitute for the Note 7 for at least a year.

Although Samsung had good intentions (can't say the same for Verizon - there's absolutely NOTHING on their web site about this) it's unfortunate that it was handled so poorly from the beginning.

P.S....
I just called Verizon - the rep told me I could go to a corporate store and swap my Note 7 for an S7, and then when the new Note 7's are in stock, can swap back. I didn't believe it, so asked to speak to a supervisor. They confirmed this, and they also indicated that they would put a note in my "OSP" page (something the store rep could see) confirming this. I'm going to the store shortly - I'll post back my results.

Last edited:

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
P.S....
I just called Verizon - the rep told me I could go to a corporate store and swap my Note 7 for an S7, and then when the new Note 7's are in stock, can swap back. I didn't believe it, so asked to speak to a supervisor. They confirmed this, and they also indicated that they would put a note in my "OSP" page (something the store rep could see) confirming this. I'm going to the store shortly - I'll post back my results.

That is what I was told by a rep when I called in too but a store manager said that is incorrect. Unless I see something in writing I am not believing anything that they tell me by word of mouth. In the end Ill get a "Im sorry the rep told you that we will look into it" and be stuck with a phone I do not want.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Visited my corporate VZW store tonight and spoke to the manager there. She was told replacements would be arriving in about two weeks, but not guaranteed. N7 owners would get a text from VZW stating the replacements are in. If you exchange now to an S7 or S7E, you will NOT be able to go back to the N7...i.e. the S7 and S7E will be a permanent replacement for your N7. Not much discussion on loaners as the store didn't have any J series in stock. Basically, exchange to S7/S7E and kiss your N7 goodbye or wait about 2 weeks for the replacements. I asked what would happen if during the time I wait for a replacement, my N7 blows up....no answer...she couldn't answer. I rolled my eyes and decided to take my chances and wait for the replacement. I don't want an S7 or S7E.

This is not correct, I actually spoke with Verizon Corporate yesterday and he confirmed that Verizon is allowing us to return the Note 7 and receive another device up to September 30, he stated that when after turning in the Note 7 and taking a different device we will not be subject to any charges or restocking fees. Then when the "new" Note 7 is re-released, hopefully within a week or two, you can bring this other device, (I guess it could be considered a loaner though Verizon says they don't give out loaners) back in good shape, i.e. no cracked screens, scratches or gouges and we can turn it back in for the Note 7, again without any miscellaneous fees, restocking, etc... plus they'll cover any accessories. This is coming directly from corporate not any store.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
CPSC is making this worse by delaying the new N7s.

Idk.... I think maybe they are making it better by insuring that we don't get ticking time bombs for replacements...

It might lengthen the process, but HOPEFULLY (keep in mind, this is gubmint we're talking about) we can all have peace of mind when the new batch ships

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Looks like I'll be keeping my perfectly working Note 7 for now. :p

Just wondering if Samsung will bring future updates to this POS? :-\

I'm not ready to call it a POS just yet but I am SO disappointed that Samsung didn't catch something this significant, and I'm VERY annoyed at the cluster it has become with miscommunication, everything all over the map with how it will be handled, and now, as someone else pointed out, the government will be getting their hands on things which means certainly MORE cluster eff...

But you nailed it on the head about future updates...I'm worried about updates but more than that, enhancements. I still say Samsung Notes is seriously flawed/gimped with the removal of Actions and me side loading S Notes is not an acceptable long-term solution for a $800+ phone. I'm worried that any potential this phone had out of the box with future stuff being added is now in serious jeopardy because I don't see more resources being put into the phone if this mess continues the way it has so far. And I'm sad to see people jumping ship...some of who I KNOW are a tremendous asset to helping others in fixing issues, giving out tips, etc. We are losing resources ourselves right here :( I just want to get back to where we all have devices we aren't the least bit concerned about (not to mention having to worry about defending them), and can get back to the FUN side of owning a Note 7.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Company sending me S7 Edge. Forcing me to do so. But still getting replacement Note 7. Company said they were told by our VZW rep might be 3-4 weeks now that Government involved.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Idk.... I think maybe they are making it better by insuring that we don't get ticking time bombs for replacements...

It might lengthen the process, but HOPEFULLY (keep in mind, this is gubmint we're talking about) we can all have peace of mind when the new batch ships
i will hold out hope but it has been a long time since i have seen federal involvement make anything better.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i will hold out hope but it has been a long time since i have seen federal involvement make anything better.

Truth!! I guess better was not the term I was looking for ... "safer" maybe, but not better.

Better would have been we were getting a safe replacement this week... better yet would have been if the device we bought was safe to begin with.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not ready to call it a POS just yet but I am SO disappointed that Samsung didn't catch something this significant, and I'm VERY annoyed at the cluster it has become with miscommunication, everything all over the map with how it will be handled, and now, as someone else pointed out, the government will be getting their hands on things which means certainly MORE cluster eff...

But you nailed it on the head about future updates...I'm worried about updates but more than that, enhancements. I still say Samsung Notes is seriously flawed/gimped with the removal of Actions and me side loading S Notes is not an acceptable long-term solution for a $800+ phone. I'm worried that any potential this phone had out of the box with future stuff being added is now in serious jeopardy because I don't see more resources being put into the phone if this mess continues the way it has so far. And I'm sad to see people jumping ship...some of who I KNOW are a tremendous asset to helping others in fixing issues, giving out tips, etc. We are losing resources ourselves right here :( I just want to get back to where we all have devices we aren't the least bit concerned about (not to mention having to worry about defending them), and can get back to the FUN side of owning a Note 7.

Amen !

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
There has been so much false information given out by reps that I will not believe it until I get an e-mail from them myself (I'm not holding my breath). Devices were already sent out to stores. I don't believe for a second that those units wouldn't be available for people to walk in and exchange for (if/when the government has given Note 7 release approval).

Exactly..If and when I get text and email, then and only then will I move to get it replaced..until then, charge the phone at standard level!!!!

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Spoke with Verizon corp this morning. It is true that they will swap for a S7 or S7E and then allow you to swap back when the N7 are back in stock. I am not sure why this isnt getting disseminated down to the corporate stores. She noted my account with the page to the CSP OSP or whatever that says this is whats going on. I called and then spoke with a corporate store about it and talked to the manager and told him where to find the information. This store is now more than willing to do the exchanges. The only issue he sees is if Verizon doesnt change their system software people are going to run into trouble trying to exchange this phone back. He said on a system level it only allows one. So there you have it lol.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This is not correct, I actually spoke with Verizon Corporate yesterday and he confirmed that Verizon is allowing us to return the Note 7 and receive another device up to September 30, he stated that when after turning in the Note 7 and taking a different device we will not be subject to any charges or restocking fees. Then when the "new" Note 7 is re-released, hopefully within a week or two, you can bring this other device, (I guess it could be considered a loaner though Verizon says they don't give out loaners) back in good shape, i.e. no cracked screens, scratches or gouges and we can turn it back in for the Note 7, again without any miscellaneous fees, restocking, etc... plus they'll cover any accessories. This is coming directly from corporate not any store.

I'm in the store now - they would not do a double exchange, but if I switch to an S7, customer service at Verizon will once the new Note 7 is in stock.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Tell them to read the osp or whatever it says it there.

They said they couldn't! Verizon is tally screwed up! I was also promised an email confirming the double switch, but I haven't received that yet. Trying to confirm with customer service now, but there not answering. Looks like their customer service systems may be down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali