everyone having computer connection issues, please post here.

Abishag

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Firmware version......2.1
Baseband version.....s:i500.v.EA28
Kernel version........2.6.29
Build number.......sch.i500.ea28

I checked the other things you said to check. all is as is should be.

Leprechaun_7

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
HELP!!!

So I've been reading through these forums trying to find a solution to the mounting problem with my Fascinate so that I can root it. None of the tricks worked so far. It doesnt matter what I do, my computer won't recognize that anything has been plugged in. I'm running Windows 7, my Fascinate is running 2.1 update 1 kernel version 2.6.29 if that helps at all. When i turn on debugging and plug it in my computer still doesnt recognize it. I tried a few days ago to pug it in while in debugging and it gave me the option to mount but when I tried to tell it to mount the phone said it was mounted but my computer still didn't register that it was there. I've downloaded the drivers from the samsung website and then downloaded the V Cast music program for the computer and downloaded the samsung drivers when prompted and still nothing. Can anyone help?! I would love to use one of these sweet looking roms and the stupid update came along and screwed it all up! :confused:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I've been reading through these forums trying to find a solution to the mounting problem with my Fascinate so that I can root it. None of the tricks worked so far. It doesnt matter what I do, my computer won't recognize that anything has been plugged in. I'm running Windows 7, my Fascinate is running 2.1 update 1 kernel version 2.6.29 if that helps at all. When i turn on debugging and plug it in my computer still doesnt recognize it. I tried a few days ago to pug it in while in debugging and it gave me the option to mount but when I tried to tell it to mount the phone said it was mounted but my computer still didn't register that it was there. I've downloaded the drivers from the samsung website and then downloaded the V Cast music program for the computer and downloaded the samsung drivers when prompted and still nothing. Can anyone help?! I would love to use one of these sweet looking roms and the stupid update came along and screwed it all up! :confused:

You don't need the Vcast music program. Just a quick question to make sure. After you downloaded the Samsung drivers did you double click on the file that downloaded to complete the installation process?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Firmware version......2.1
Baseband version.....s:i500.v.EA28
Kernel version........2.6.29
Build number.......sch.i500.ea28

I checked the other things you said to check. all is as is should be.

I would try wyllic's suggestion of changing the usb setting from mass storage to ask on connection.

boosh71

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
To mount to a Mac follow these steps:
First open Terminal, then type in "gpt show /dev/disk1" without the quotes. Plug in your phone, go through the steps to get to the point that you get Disk insertion error. Select "Ignore" then unmount the card then remount it. Then in the Terminal hit Enter to run the "gpt show /dev/disk1 command". You may have to run the command more than once. It should recognize your card at that point. Depending on your Mac setup the disk may be something other than /dev/disk1, so you may have to try possibly up to /dev/disk5.

Will it work from now on or does this have to be done everytime?

Thank you so much by the way!

Gnomad

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Will it work from now on or does this have to be done everytime?

Thank you so much by the way!

This has to be done every time until Verizon decides to fix the mounting issue. To make it a little easier you can open AppleScript Editor from your Utilities folder on your Mac. Type in do shell script "gpt show /dev/disk1" with quotes. Then click on "File" then "Save as" , change the name from "untitled" to something you like then change the File Format to application. Save it to your desktop. From then on when you get to the disk read error, unmount then remount and then double click the app on your desktop, if it does not mount then double click it again. This will save you from having to open terminal and typing in the gpt command every time.

boosh71

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This has to be done every time until Verizon decides to fix the mounting issue. To make it a little easier you can open AppleScript Editor from your Utilities folder on your Mac. Type in do shell script "gpt show /dev/disk1" with quotes. Then click on "File" then "Save as" , change the name from "untitled" to something you like then change the File Format to application. Save it to your desktop. From then on when you get to the disk read error, unmount then remount and then double click the app on your desktop, if it does not mount then double click it again. This will save you from having to open terminal and typing in the gpt command every time.

Thank you so much! This helped. I hope they fix this with android 2.2 (if it ever comes out for the Fascinate).

rapideyemovement

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
oh good! I can no longer mount my SF (EB01) to my mac.

I even tried to terminal steps, but nada.

As much as I love the hardware of this phone, i'm so sick of Samsung software. It f'n sucks.

revobreaker

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully I put this in the right thread...

99% of the time when I connect my phone to a computer the touch screen locks up and it will not work. It still responds to the soft keys, but nothing on the main screen. This prevents me from being able to mount and transfer files, or even just use the phone while it is charging.

I have tried it turning debug mode on and off without any difference.
Phone is not rooted
Using launcher pro (does not make a difference if I switch back to factory)
tried multiple cables, but I'm not sure I have tried the cable that the phone came with. Is it special?

Updated to froyo and still have the problem

Firmware version 2.2.1
Baseband versions:i500.04 v.ED01
Kernel version 2.6.32.9
Build number SCH-I500.ed01

Thanks for any help

segaskin

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine wouldn't mount for love or money till I broke down and rooted/froyo'd from sheepdog's walk thru post, now it hooks up like a dream. Even on my ancient desktop that still runs XP.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
rooting

I agree. I couldn't mount my phone either until I went to Froyo 2.2 and rooted. Now it works perfectly.

Since I couldn't mount it I was worried that I couldn't root. But using ODIN and one of their ROM packages I was still able to do it.

You might consider rooting.

powurplayr

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Stock Galaxy Nexus charges when connected to Win 7 pc will not let me transfer pics, music, anything. Still trying to get through to Samsung support!