thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just loaded up its called ultimate Droid Tom version 2.5.2
Pros its fast very fast
Keyboard backlight work
Did I say it was fast stable with livewallpapers
It has the option to use the 2.01 luancher themed with droid on the bottom enhanced stability
Overclocked up to 1.2ghz with plenty of speeds to choose from
Temp monitor shows the processor temp and it seems to run pretty cool
Cons the htc keyboard forcecloses on me should be fixed

Bottom line if you want to try 2.1 but don't want many bugs but want speed this for you
AllDroid - View topic - Ultimate Droid ROM v2.5.2-Bench 140! Repost (02/19/10)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Do I have to be rooted before installing this? When I boot into recovery mode I dont see an option for nandroid.

Yes, you do. You should probably start with the rooting sticky before you attempt this.

Also, I found all of the following video's to be extremely helpful:

1) Rooting: YouTube - Motorola Droid How to ROOT your Droid - The Easy Way!

2) Nandroid Backup Part 1: YouTube - Motorola DROID - How to Create a Nandroid Backup - Part 1

3) Nandroid Backup Part 2: YouTube - Motorola DROID - How to Create a Nandroid Backup - Part 2

4) Install the ROM: YouTube - Motorola Droid - How to install custom ROM's - The EASY way!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
90 something but that'd still cooler than soneother kernels at the same speed but that speed is 1.2ghz

Last edited:

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Ok I'm rooted but don't have the option to restore from nandroid when I boot into recovery mode it's still the stock recovery mode. Please help!!!

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I can't download the sholes file. And when I click get tools in droidroothelper it says that the file is not supported by my phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm doing a nandroid backup right now before I load this new one on. Has anyone else tried it yet? How is it?

I personally don't like the new app drawer, and it was missing the Corporate Calendar app, which I know most people could care less about, but I require it for work. If you don't like it, you can always flash to Sholes 2.0.6, which I really like.