great 2.1 rom

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Theme it with whatever you want just do a nandroid backup first don't try any stable 2.1 launcher with it their not compatible

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm running blackdroid's 6.3, and my phone has never been this fast. I am interested in trying Cyanogenmod on my phone, but I really don't want to get rid of SPRecovery and go to Koush's recovery image because EVERYTHING else uses SPRecovery to install.

Any way around this/is this an easy process?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I'm running blackdroid's 6.3, and my phone has never been this fast. I am interested in trying Cyanogenmod on my phone, but I really don't want to get rid of SPRecovery and go to Koush's recovery image because EVERYTHING else uses SPRecovery to install.

Any way around this/is this an easy process?

Get DroidRootPro, download Tools folder, then download Koush's latest recovery, replace the old file in there, and then use DroidRootPro to install the recovery, then follow the directions from his forum post.

It's really easy :)

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Get DroidRootPro, download Tools folder, then download Koush's latest recovery, replace the old file in there, and then use DroidRootPro to install the recovery, then follow the directions from his forum post.

It's really easy :)

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out. Unless that 6.5 that larryjr mentioned sidetracks me...:D

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Blackdroid just released the 6.5 update and so far it seems to work good. I will give you all an update after a good days use.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
haha ya everybody is busting out roms like its their job. this seems like an interesting rom but the only thing that is making me contemplate switching to it is the new live wallpaper that goes with it. the droid's version of the nexus wallpaper. idk ill figure it out later tonight if im gonna make the jump or not.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I like the new live wallpaper for the droid, I haven't had and freezing or fc using it like the nexus ones. I have been using the neural network like it much more then the nexus one.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Black Droid just released his new version on Ultimate Droid v7. It has a launcher+ with up to 7 screens and a few extras. Only been running for an hour and I haven't found any problems everything seems a o k.