great 2.1 rom

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
step 3 was written poorly -- it should read

"Plug the USB cord into your Device. Do not mount the USB, just connect the cord from the device to the PC. Drag down the notification bar on the device and make sure that "usb debugging" is enabled."

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok, followed the directions up to the point where it says "Step 4: Now open Main.exe for xultimate (you should have the white screen with options like 1 2 and so on right)" and a prompt on my computer came up that says waiting for phone... Im stuck :(

This is getting to be very frustrating!!:confused::mad:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Is x-ultimate in the tools folder of your sdk ill look at the instructions and see if I can help

edit disregard what's written above so when you go into the directory and select main its can't find your phone. A-Do you have adb up and running on your computer.
B-if that's correct try and copy the main to your tools folder and open it.
sorry can't be more help haven't used the patches in like two months

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Downloading 4.0 now hopefully the speed is still their it now has a new on-screen with seven screens and the switched looks like the one from the desire dump will report back with issues and all

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
OK so I have it loaded been running it for a little bit and I must say its not that bad
pros
- pretty speedy at 900 mhz
- seven screen launcher is nice
-pretty stable so far and running cool
- option to choose your overlook kernel
- no 2.1 launcher
-keyboard backlight works
- now has the corp calender
cons
- screen switched looks nice but every 1 out of 3 tries it will forced close launcher plus
-no autobrightness sucks for some not that bad for me
- no interactive live wallpaper unless you get gde
- htc keyboard is the old version so if your using it and try to use the physical keyboard it will force close on you
Keep in mind I've only run this for an hour or so. I can't say its completely srable but the only forced closes I saw were those mentioned
And when I say pretty fast at 900mhz its a beast at 1.2

More to come with more use

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've been running it for a day and the only issue I have is video recording going to have to pull the build.prop and modify it noticed the phone is set to r

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Running the new ultimate Droid based off of ere24 its a beast. Running it at 1.2ghz with Chevy's kernel its fun everything works haven't found any bugs yet and yahoo now automatically syncs no more manual setup

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have an addiction with trying every new rom but since Since the I tried Ultimate Droid 6.1 (ESE53 Base) I here to stay for at least a week or 2.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
He has a 6.3 out now but I haven't had any problems so I'm a little scared to try it and kind of tired of setting up the phone after a wipe.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ya its growing on me at this point as well. the live wallpapers, the launcher (actually works without force closing), the lack lag on the home screen and opening apps. and oh ya did i say the launcher actually works hahah..

anybody throw a theme on top of it yet?