great 2.1 rom

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
you dont leave it as a zip install metamorph and make a folder on your sdcard called androidthemes put it in their

make sure you read this right. It should be... "where do I extract the theme file? Bizz's answer is "You Don't. (period) (new sentence) Leave it as a zip...."

Just to make sure you don't misunderstand. Because without that period it was "you don't leave it as a zip...."

ps: I has a h*ll of a time getting the theme installed thru Metamorph. If it gives you fits, ask for help.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Wait.. in other words, download it on my phone instead of my computer and transfer it over through my usb?

well, you can... But, you're SUPPOSED to download to PC, connect USB. transfer to Droid as a zip file directly to the SD card. open metamorph and install using metamorph.

I downloaded directly from the web's browser (the link i posted above) and used Astro file manager to "find" the zip -- still using metamorph.

Do you have Asto and Metamorph? Have you downlaoded the zip to your PC? did you unzip yet?

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
well, you can... But, you're SUPPOSED to download to PC, connect USB. transfer to Droid as a zip file directly to the SD card. open metamorph and install using metamorph.

I downloaded directly from the web's browser (the link i posted above) and used Astro file manager to "find" the zip -- still using metamorph.

Do you have Asto and Metamorph? Have you downlaoded the zip to your PC? did you unzip yet?

I have Astro yes, I have Metamorph yes, ive downloaded the theme yes, I havnt copied it over to my phone not yet. Ill do that now and see what happens.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have Astro yes, I have Metamorph yes, ive downloaded the theme yes, I havnt copied it over to my phone not yet. Ill do that now and see what happens.

if metamorph is installed -- part of the app installation was the creation of a file on your SD card called "androidthemes" -- connect droid, drop and drag the entire (unzipped) file into "androidthemes" -- if it's not there crreate the file - 'cause that's where metamorph will look.

Then unplug and wait for card to prepare, open metamorph, it'll check some settings, select "pick theme" -- it'll find it. and viola! done.

keep us posted on your progress

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Metamorph goes to scan my phone then continues to force close.. looks like im screwed :(

it's a little screwy, keep at it-- if it still messes with you, copy and paste that link I posted above to an email, send it to yourself, download from the droid browser and then open Metamorph and when it asks "pick theme" it'll open what looks like "browse" on a regular PC -- it's actually Astro's folders - find the "downloads" folder and it should be there.

FIRST, go to home screen / menu / settings / applications / and check "allow unknown sources"

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Metamorph goes to scan my phone then continues to force close.. looks like im screwed :(

sorry if i wasnt clear enough. but is your phone connected to the computer and if so is it still mounted to it. has metamorph asked you for root permission yet

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
sorry if i wasnt clear enough. but is your phone connected to the computer and if so is it still mounted to it. has metamorph asked you for root permission yet

good point -- metmorph will go into siezures trying to find the zip while it's connected and is useless if not allowed root access.

you might to uninstall / reinstall metamorph to just kickstart the permissions.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok, got the theme installed and it allowed me to pick what I wanted to change. I tried using Launcher2 and it wouldnt work :( launcher1 worked but wanted to give the 2nd launcher a shot

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok, got the theme installed and it allowed me to pick what I wanted to change. I tried using Launcher2 and it wouldnt work :( launcher1 worked but wanted to give the 2nd launcher a shot. Also, I changed the framework and now the upper bar is black which is nice but the time in the upper right is black also making it tough to see :( Any reccomendations on getting the time to change to white?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
it should have had the white clock in the framework_res dont know why it would leave it black. glad you got it themed. ps dont use the launcher2 its way to buggy will cause fc lockups and reboots all over the place

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
it should have had the white clock in the framework_res dont know why it would leave it black. glad you got it themed. ps dont use the launcher2 its way to buggy will cause fc lockups and reboots all over the place

agreed -- launcher 2 sux. There's a step-by-step for switching to white clock-- give me a second. i'll find it and post a link

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your help bud, really appreciate it.

Bizz has my back -- he's my trainer. He's looking over my shoulder saying, "very good, grasshopper"

If you think you need some help... you should've seen me trying to root. it was UGLY! I need to spread some good karma back here for all of the help I got.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok, followed the directions up to the point where it says "Step 4: Now open Main.exe for xultimate (you should have the white screen with options like 1 2 and so on right)" and a prompt on my computer came up that says waiting for phone... Im stuck :(

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok, followed the directions up to the point where it says "Step 4: Now open Main.exe for xultimate (you should have the white screen with options like 1 2 and so on right)" and a prompt on my computer came up that says waiting for phone... Im stuck :(

umm?? bizz?? you there... ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow