[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know why I can't get favebook connected with my contacts?

They are all synced, but with liberty I could click a contact and then view there facebook profile right from contacts.

I don't have that option anymore

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Nick could you please PM me on how to sync Facebook w/ contacts?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm.... do I really want to leave Liberty for this? Someone convince me!

HA Im still on Liberty too . The way you use the toolbox along with TE to me isnt too user friendly imo :-\.I was hoping the toolbox was more like liberty's.

so its liberty still for me :cool:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
HA Im still on Liberty too . The way you use the toolbox along with TE to me isnt too user friendly imo :-\.I was hoping the toolbox was more like liberty's.

so its liberty still for me :cool:

Its not that bad...
su
apextoolbox
And its opened.. the rest is very user friendly.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What I meant about user friendly is that in other roms you dont have to copy and paste files into the framework to install themes. and etc. When with other roms you just flash the themes with no other input needed . Just seems like this way (copying and pasteing into framework ) is a step back into old school days of doing things at least for me.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Re: RevBlu

So you apply the old theme then apply this update?

No single package? or dedicated thread ;)

You could run the old theme first then do the new part. What I did this time does not touch any apps. If you use the old one it will have old not updated apps. Try this new one first and check it out. Its like the stock 1.4.0 apex with just lots of blue in the system.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
What I meant about user friendly is that in other roms you dont have to copy and paste files into the framework to install themes. and etc. When with other roms you just flash the themes with no other input needed . Just seems like this way (copying and pasteing into framework ) is a step back into old school days of doing things at least for me.

The items and changes in the tool box don't require you to copy paste. Its all dl and installed from Fabs site. The liberty tool box has you save items to sd card for things outside of whats pre installed in the tool box. Yes liberty has themes that you can download from the box but really its same. Apex just does not have themes to dl in the tool box. The apex box is also faster with dl of apps to install.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

And the framework pasteing is from me not apex. That is not how the toolbox works and has nothing to do with it.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I switched from liberty because it lacked HDMI support. The liberty toolbox is much more appealing to the eyes and is easier to use for sure. The apex toolbox is much faster and isnt that hard to use.

personally i dont really see a need for a toolbox on any rom. just add/remove/edit the files in the system/app directory. just my opinion though.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You could run the old theme first then do the new part. What I did this time does not touch any apps. If you use the old one it will have old not updated apps. Try this new one first and check it out. Its like the stock 1.4.0 apex with just lots of blue in the system.

So just copy that one file and that's it?

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Got my blue theme updated on 1.4.0. I just worked in the framework updating the progress bar for vol, browser. Deleted the Verizon Wireless text. Added percent in 10% for the battery. Here are a few screen shots. Ill be posting the dl and instructions in a bit. Just testing a bit more.
OK just DL the link. Drop on SD card. With Root Explorer go to SD card and copy the framework-res.apk file. Then back up and go into system/framework. Click the top box to be R/W and then paste. Click yes to overwrite. Once thats done back out and reboot. First time it took a second to sync my contacts. Market asked me to log in but that it. Simple as that. Enjoy. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Look at that honeycomb clock for the alarm :)

Ok...I'm running APEX 1.4.2. I followed the instructions above, without any issues. Reboot, and now I'm stuck in the APEX boot animation. It just loops over and over. How do I get out of this? Any help would be appreciated!!!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ok had two people with issues trying the blue framework. Anyone do it without a problem? If your in a loop boot recovery by pulling battery then putting it back. Hold home and power key. When Android guy pops up hit search. Now wipe cache then data factory reset. Once your back load a backup. Not sure why this happened bit not sure if it was everyone. I did this without issue. I was on both versions and then the final. The framework came off the final. Let me know if anyone didn't have a problem. If you didn't try it yet hold off till its worked out.

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
...If your in a loop boot recovery by pulling battery then putting it back. Hold home and power key. When Android guy pops up hit search. Now wipe cache then data factory reset. Once your back load a backup

Ok, I've tried this 3 times now. Each time, the cache wipes successfully, the data wipe completes, then I select "reboot system now", and when it reboots, I'm right back in the same loop. Hopefully there is an alternative method...???

btw...sorry for hijacking the thread.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The instructions should read:

Install: Drop on SD card. With Root Explorer go to SD card and copy the framework-res.apk file. Then back up and go into system/framework. Click the top box to be R/W and then paste. Click yes to overwrite. Once that's done Check permissions on the new file are rw-r--r-- and reboot.

Reactions: tntdroid

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
The instructions should read:

Install: Drop on SD card. With Root Explorer go to SD card and copy the framework-res.apk file. Then back up and go into system/framework. Click the top box to be R/W and then paste. Click yes to overwrite. Once that's done Check permissions on the new file are rw-r--r-- and reboot.

Thanks a ton for this! I didn't have to for some reason. I will update the instructions and post the dl link again tonight. Sorry if anyone had to sbf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174